The mkiv Supra Owners Club

forum owned track supras, register and chat thread.

dr_jekyll

Have you been to a track with noise recorders out on the track (not just at the gate when you arrive)? Croft was very nearly closed forever due to breaching noise limits, Bedford has council-owned & checked noise recorders on site.... it's really sad but the limits are killing our tracks off and the owners are (mostly) very, very careful not to exceed them. :(

this is true , trak selection is key for me. i gave croft a miss in last years tss. imho a track car must be shouty a loud, otherwise there is no point

Did you know that when Croft was nearly closed. It was because of a single bloke who kept complaining!

Wasn't it a dispute between the owner and his ex-wife or summit. That's why they had to close to old entrance to the track. It's been going on for years...

I know Teeside is really an international go kart track but it's 105db open pit lane days are only £99 per car and it is a relatively slow track so no chance of big offs, longest straight is just under a 1/4 mile.

It's great for beginners and the noise levels are loosely monitored (Marshal with hand to ear says, is that too loud? Noooo, it'll be fine).

Well the boost controller and FCD are now fitted, the R888s are on the wider rims and I've just booked a full day at Mondello for next Monday.

Brought the car for a small spin yesterday just to be sure everything was working. Third gear is a bit special!

Can't wait to get out and get this thing really shifting.

Naturally there will be some kind of video footage of the days events. Good or bad!

• 3 weeks later...
bump! did you make it to mondello? if so how did it go. lookin to read up on others track experiences as in a bit of a dry spell myself!

Great day was had mate, car performed very well, right up until the new fuel pump seized! But that happened 5 minutes before the end of the day so I wasn't too upset to be honest.

It would be far worse to have it happen 5 minutes into the next one.

I have to say I think the adjustable wing has made a monumental difference to the behaviour of the car, I was attacking corners like never before, even with the higher entry speed thanks to the 1J and unless I was totally moronic with the throttle it tracked right through to the exit hungry for every bit of grip the tyres could muster, I need more camber on the front for its next outing!

There are a couple of in-car vids (neither wonderful) of the day, one in the media section and one in NWS because of a bit of colourful language.

The one below is the only clip I can find from outside the car. I had people coming up to me all day saying the car sounded awesome at full chat, I had no idea what the car sounded like from the outside until I saw this, now I know what they meant!:cool:

It's the third car to pass at the start of the clip and then two minutes (not a bad lap time actually!) later when it gets a bit squirrely!

[video=youtube;9b9TtGQmy-4]

Edited by pedrosixfour (see edit history)

Its the ONLY track in the Republic if you can believe that Richard, this place is a flippin' disgrace.

But the price of a track day has come down since I was out last in 2010 so if you ignore the massive hike in petrol prices (a hard thing to do) the day cost less that it used to.

Its the ONLY track in the Republic if you can believe that Richard, this place is a flippin' disgrace.

But the price of a track day has come down since I was out last in 2010 so if you ignore the massive hike in petrol prices (a hard thing to do) the day cost less that it used to.

Whaaa, the only track!

Yeah its hard to ingnore the price of fuel but then you got to look at it as a hobby... just an expensive hobby :)

Whaaa, the only track!

Yeah its hard to ingnore the price of fuel but then you got to look at it as a hobby... just an expensive hobby :)

Yep, AFAIK there is another ONE in the North, we're spoilt for choice in these here parts! I'll be looking at the cost of a jeep & trailer on the ferry to the UK once I'm happy with the car's performance and endurance levels.

I don't smoke, I don't drink (enough) and I'm not addicted to any substance or other pastime worth mentioning so I feel I'm entitled to burn obscene quantities of petrol every once in a while, 150 euros worth of it at the last day out!

Yep, AFAIK there is another ONE in the North, we're spoilt for choice in these here parts! I'll be looking at the cost of a jeep & trailer on the ferry to the UK once I'm happy with the car's performance and endurance levels.

I don't smoke, I don't drink (enough) and I'm not addicted to any substance or other pastime worth mentioning so I feel I'm entitled to burn obscene quantities of petrol every once in a while, 150 euros worth of it at the last day out!

Awesome would be good to see you over here :)

Some pro snaps from my most recent track day.

Took me ages to get hold of the guy who took these as the orange sticker had blown off :)

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/484166_10150926156848802_2077531123_n.jpg

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/599556_10150926158153802_725057655_n.jpg

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/181445_10150926160063802_512981129_n.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/250939_10150926160343802_1272855266_n.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/601176_10150926160938802_1492829516_n.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/599475_10150926162168802_570004116_n.jpg

Got lots more but they are pretty much the same :D