The mkiv Supra Owners Club

forum owned track supras, register and chat thread.

dr_jekyll

I will be back out on track tomorrow I managed to take advanatge of a great deal at goodwood for the whole day :)

I have adjusted the camera mount location in the car (for a better view) and also now have a helmet cam so you can see my POV :D

Weather looks good as well :)

:thumbs: Sounds good so...

Have a good one buddy, we will expect great footage.

:yeahthat:

Hi All,

Back from an amazing day at goodwood :)

In total there must have been no more than 15 cars there in the morning and there were only at least 5 cars running (myself included) in the afternoon.

This meant I had loads of track time and loads of room - Mental.

I have taken pictures and videos of the day but have not had the chance to upload them all yet.

This is because on the way home my Diff decided to give up lol :)

I mean it could be the diff or it could be a drive shaft either way I had a very violent vibration when going over 25mph so I decided to get recovered back to my workshop. Didnt get back home until 8pm and by the time I had something to eat etc just wanted to get to bed.

Even so it still looks good on a flatbed :D

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/426711_468465069894808_1718420163_n.jpg

I did check the camera footage before I went to bed to which I can tell you now is 100 times better then before. Especailly the helmet camera. This morning I set it to upload to youtube and its only done 1 for now so here it is...(oh watch it in HD and make sure you have sound :))

Outing lap was a little more sedate as I like to make sure all the oils, tyres etc are up to temp before I start hammering it.

Even so I bettered my best time on this video so I am pretty happy with that, felt sorry for my passenger though, I couldnt hear him saying he felt sick nearing the end of the video, when I did realise (as you will see he gestures vomit will come out) the poor guy was as white as the car.

I will update this thread with pics and videos once they are all uploaded.

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

You are one mean motor-scooter.

Clearly the passanger is distressed but you carry on hooning about for another 2 laps even after you've realised this.

Good man!:D

Lol, I really didnt hear him, I thought he was complaining about the cars in front (with the thumbs down bit) its until he started shouting "Sick" at the top of his voice and signing I realised and therefore shut the camera off lol. He wasnt sick but came very close to it.

Poor lad, I felt really bad lol :D

That thing builds speed like JamieP builds houses.

Feckin' impressive!

Thats a particularly nice, flowing track mate and from the footage even the surrounding look pleasant. I can see why you enjoy it, it's made for the Supra.

The car is so planted in the corners, is this down to the rigorous setting up? Did you do much in the line of adjusting throughout the day?

That thing builds speed like JamieP builds houses.

Feckin' impressive!

Thats a particularly nice, flowing track mate and from the footage even the surrounding look pleasant. I can see why you enjoy it, it's made for the Supra.

The car is so planted in the corners, is this down to the rigorous setting up? Did you do much in the line of adjusting throughout the day?

Cheers mate, Yeah it is quick could do with being a little quicker though :)

Yeah the track is lovely, its a very fast flowing smooth track and it has a nice open feeling about it.

It has some tricky off camber corners which makes it fun (not that you notice too much in the video) :)

The marshalls, instructors and orgainsers are really open and freindly and you get as much tea and cake as you want included on the day :)

Yeah its pretty planted in the corners and I know it will go faster through them, I am slowly getting there

:) the way the car handles with the current suspension setup inspires so much confidence and even when you do lose traction its now so forgiving. I didnt make too many changes during the day as the space in the paddock for doing work is not particulary big so the only adjustments were to the compression and rebound (Fast/slow) settings.

Even so I managed to better my best time there (Of the laps I Ran the Datalogger on) hopefully once I get the car sorted I will get back out there again and see if I can push it a bit more :)

• 1 month later...

Circuit of Wales gets the go ahead from the council to commence building by the end of the year for completion 2015/16.. will look forward to getting the beast out on this one looks nice and technical with some possible elevation changes too... 3.5 miles long so on par with Silverstone ...Nice and challenging.

I also like that they are putting a 4* hotel on the premises right next to the track :) I know where I will be doing some back to back track days then hehe.

http://circuitofwales.com/Resources/Main-Aerial---Populous.jpg

http://circuitofwales.com/Resources/M-Aerial-circuit-at-night---Populous.jpg

Hi All,

Back from an amazing day at goodwood :)

In total there must have been no more than 15 cars there in the morning and there were only at least 5 cars running (myself included) in the afternoon.

This meant I had loads of track time and loads of room - Mental.

I have taken pictures and videos of the day but have not had the chance to upload them all yet.

This is because on the way home my Diff decided to give up lol :)

I mean it could be the diff or it could be a drive shaft either way I had a very violent vibration when going over 25mph so I decided to get recovered back to my workshop. Didnt get back home until 8pm and by the time I had something to eat etc just wanted to get to bed.

Even so it still looks good on a flatbed :D

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/426711_468465069894808_1718420163_n.jpg

I did check the camera footage before I went to bed to which I can tell you now is 100 times better then before. Especailly the helmet camera. This morning I set it to upload to youtube and its only done 1 for now so here it is...(oh watch it in HD and make sure you have sound :))

Outing lap was a little more sedate as I like to make sure all the oils, tyres etc are up to temp before I start hammering it.

Even so I bettered my best time on this video so I am pretty happy with that, felt sorry for my passenger though, I couldnt hear him saying he felt sick nearing the end of the video, when I did realise (as you will see he gestures vomit will come out) the poor guy was as white as the car.

I will update this thread with pics and videos once they are all uploaded.

Nice vid buddy, brings back memories with the sick thing:D

• 2 weeks later...

good stuff manwithsupra, good to have a catch up, not been on here in a while :) i'll have to watch the vids if i ever get time when home though!

been out again myself at Barskton Heath sprint track for round 3 of the TSS:

nice open chicane to get a small nimble car like a supra through:

i love going back there its great fun! i did my bit for promoting supras too- in the street class (all interior fitted, stock engine between manifolds, no track tyres) i, er, won- beating ST205 celicas and even a GT86 (althought it was completely stock) by two hundreths of a second lol. 15 overall from 29 cars- i know it doesnt sound much but its my best result ever i think!

i did my bit for promoting supras too- in the street class (all interior fitted, stock engine between manifolds, no track tyres) i, er, won- beating ST205 celicas and even a GT86 (althought it was completely stock) by two hundreths of a second lol. 15 overall from 29 cars- i know it doesnt sound much but its my best result ever i think!

That's a bloody great result, no matter what way you look at it, first in class is something to be very proud of and practically in the top half of the field despite the limitations of your actual class is marvellous as well.

Well done sir, keep up the good work and you've really given me the taste for doing something competitive on top of track days, I may investigate the possibilities!

i love going back there its great fun! i did my bit for promoting supras too- in the street class (all interior fitted, stock engine between manifolds, no track tyres) i, er, won- beating ST205 celicas and even a GT86 (althought it was completely stock) by two hundreths of a second lol. 15 overall from 29 cars- i know it doesnt sound much but its my best result ever i think!

Good man, a great result showing the Supra is not too lardy after all.

Guest Eddie_r32
Good man, a great result showing the Supra is not too lardy after all.

I too had a play at barkston in pro class as I have semi slicks on, it was certanly a handful getting the car round in places as Dan said but was a fun day out and Dan and I did show some of the cars more suited to the track up, just wish I abused the car a bit more, I felt myself holding back for some reason!

Edited by Eddie_r32 (see edit history)

Aye it does :) Good feedback though.

Not from those tyre, there wasn't.

I never even knew the brakes were locked until I spied all the smoke in the side mirrors!

I threw an old pair of Bridgestone RE050 something or others onto the front after lunch and I had every bit as much grip at the sharp end.

I softened the front anti roll bar while changing the wheels which really helped matters, the front was so planted even with the tyres wailing in protest.

The rear..... well, not so much.

But bloody entertaining all the same!

I had the streets of San Francisco theme tune in my head for most of it. :D

I've just pulled the pin on ordering a set of these.

Kumho V70A

275/40/17 & 245/40/17

K90 Compound (Hard)

Despite it being a fair wedge of dough to be parting with in these austere times I actually think I got a fairly decent deal compared to the R888 alternative, which is the only other manufacturer to produce a 17" tyre in a 275 width.

Won't have them 'til next week but that's ok, as long as I've got them fitted before my next track day on the 15th of next month.

I've just pulled the pin on ordering a set of these.

Kumho V70A

275/40/17 & 245/40/17

K90 Compound (Hard)

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/images/tyres/v70a.jpg

Despite it being a fair wedge of dough to be parting with in these austere times I actually think I got a fairly decent deal compared to the R888 alternative, which is the only other manufacturer to produce a 17" tyre in a 275 width.

Won't have them 'til next week but that's ok, as long as I've got them fitted before my next track day on the 15th of next month.

I`m surprised you`re not using 2nd hand slicks yet, also meant to ask if you got your bushes fitted and dialled in?

I`m surprised you`re not using 2nd hand slicks yet, also meant to ask if you got your bushes fitted and dialled in?

I'm trying to keep the car build running as close as possible to the Irish Time Attack Pro-street rules Si, slicks aren't permitted. I wouldn't mind trying a set just for comparison but even finding 17" slicks the right width over here is no easy task.

I put the bushes in and set the front to maximum caster and camber myself. Then I got the front and rear tracked at a local tyre depot the day before I was up at the track.

The car was a bit vague to begin with when I made it to Mondello, the front wasn't as planted as I thought it would be, the inside edge of the front tyres were holding more heat than the middle or outsides. Eventually the driver's side front wheel finally gave up just before lunch so after a cup of tea & a sandwich I changed the front R888s to a set of Bridgestone road tyres I carry as spares. While the wheels were off I softened the front anti roll bar.

That one adjustment really seemed to do the trick as for the rest of the day I had great confidence in the front, despite the drop in available grip. The tyres were wailing constantly but the car really hung in there through the corners.

I'm happy with the front end, now to sort the waltzing rear!