The mkiv Supra Owners Club

forum owned track supras, register and chat thread.

dr_jekyll

Nahh ... the whole car looks ace. Some small videos of it in action would be great :)

Trying to get my name onto a short list for a dyno day on the 19th of this month.

As it's a track car thats probably all the action it will see before the new year, I can't find any local track days happening before the end of the year.

There is an excuse for an industrial estate/yard near me, I might pop the car onto the trailer and head down there on a quiet day so I can get oils up to temperature and test the brakes at least before I cut loose on a track.

If I do I'll bring a spare pair of hands and a camera.

To record the explosion.:innocent:

• 6 months later...

I've just booked and paid for my first outing in nearly two years!:yahoo:

It's not until the 29th of June though, there is another track day running in conjunction with the Irish Time Attack series on the next bank holiday. (the 4th of June here in Ireland)

I'm very tempted to put my name down for this one too, Time Attack might be where I'm going with this project so it would be good to speak to a few of the competitors on the day and to compare times.

Just need to wire in the boost controller and the FCD and get my R888 tyres moved to my wider set of rims, then I think I'm all set.

I've just booked and paid for my first outing in nearly two years!:yahoo:

It's not until the 29th of June though, there is another track day running in conjunction with the Irish Time Attack series on the next bank holiday. (the 4th of June here in Ireland)

I'm very tempted to put my name down for this one too, Time Attack might be where I'm going with this project so it would be good to speak to a few of the competitors on the day and to compare times.

Just need to wire in the boost controller and the FCD and get my R888 tyres moved to my wider set of rims, then I think I'm all set.

Nice one mate, have fun.. :)

Would be good to get a club series going somehow??

There are quite a few track Supra's on here now..

If all goes well and the car stays together for the rest of the year I'd love to throw the Supra onto the trailer, grab the ferry and meet you all at Anglesea or somewhere similarly near the west coast for a track day meet!

OR

Get your arses over to Ireland for a meet at Mondello, the MLR did one a couple of years ago that I attended and it was bloody brilliant!

I can look into arranging a club day if you want (with the mods agreement of course).

Where would people want it?

Just out on interest, what do people think of airfield days like RAF Marham, as it's only £60 for the day and the one at the end of this month seems like they're going to reverse the track in the afternoon, so 2 tracks for £60 seems good. I think from reading, that they're going to run another one later in the year.

I'd love a club track day as my first one :)

Just out on interest, what do people think of airfield days like RAF Marham, as it's only £60 for the day and the one at the end of this month seems like they're going to reverse the track in the afternoon, so 2 tracks for £60 seems good. I think from reading, that they're going to run another one later in the year.

I'd love a club track day as my first one :)

Airfields are ok, However as its not a "track" I feel it detracts from the "feeling" of the trackday.. there is nothing like going around an actual race track.

Granted ...Race tracks are more expensive but I think its worth the extra cash.

I am happy to do an Airfield day but I would rather do an actual track.

I can look into arranging a club day if you want (with the mods agreement of course).

I would pick a track and try to reserve a few spots on a track day for people to book, far easier. I'd be surprised if you got 10 people with minimal fuss. :)

I'm not interested in airfields, personally.

Airfields are ok, However as its not a "track" I feel it detracts from the "feeling" of the trackday.. there is nothing like going around an actual race track.

Granted ...Race tracks are more expensive but I think its worth the extra cash.

I am happy to do an Airfield day but I would rather do an actual track.

Ah cool, fair enough. I think an airfield day would be good for myself due to (as you said) the large run offs as a first timer. If a club trackday was booked, I'd be happy with that, as everyone knows how quick the other cars are, so hopefully no one would do anything stupid or dangerous or try to show off.

I'll keep my eye on this for any updates :)

Bedford is an excellent circuit for beginners but you need to have a quiet exhaust.

Once you've done a day there you will be comfortable giving any track a go.

I'm hoping to do brands this year and maybe silverstone, if I book something I will put it up here in case people are interested, its always nice to have people around in case something breaks.

ive never had a problem with my open wastegate

Have you been to a track with noise recorders out on the track (not just at the gate when you arrive)? Croft was very nearly closed forever due to breaching noise limits, Bedford has council-owned & checked noise recorders on site.... it's really sad but the limits are killing our tracks off and the owners are (mostly) very, very careful not to exceed them. :(