The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official 2011 F1 Thread

Nic

Shorten each GP into three chunks and have the same grid rules and handicaps as BTCC. Otherwise it's just going to become the Vettel Show.

Your right about the Vettel show. Very dull race.

As said before Vettel is starting to become a Schumacer of old.

Not impressed with Mcclaren one bit. Their cars seemed at a significant disadvantage. Poor setup by all accounts.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What?! Valencia is the dullest track on the calendar. It's long overdue that we had a different "European" grand prix.

I agree on both counts... Valencia is an "ace" circuit if you are a driver or playing on the playstation:cool:. The fact that all 24 cars finished with ease emphasizes the lack of attrition and therefore a pretty boring race to watch.

I think the "European" GP should alternate it's way around various countries to make it more interesting and let the fans chose the next years location.

In fact the last GP race I saw at Brand Hatch was a European GP I believe but it was an awfully long time ago :think:

Now that is a circuit I would vote for... if they could get it up to modern safety standards of course.

Edit: Just checked and I was correct about Brands Hatch, it was 1985 and the winner was none other than our Nige.

I still think they should scrap quali and reverse the previous race order for the start of the next race. Especially now the tyres make such a difference that quali isn't so important - people aren't even bothering to do quali 3 cos they want to keep fresh tyres!!

I said RBR and Vettel would win didn't I...if I can predict the race as well as I have been, I should have won the lottery by now ;)

It's only going to get worse, Mclaren will drop back even more now due to the banning of the engine map's and the blown exhaust/diffuser's...

Like I said, all Vettel has to do now is finish second every race at worse :(

EDIT: In the FIA's desperate attempt to spice up F1...they have actually made it more boring by making RBR stronger. Thanks!! :blink:

It's only going to get worse, Mclaren will drop back even more now due to the banning of the engine map's and the blown exhaust/diffuser's...

Why are Mclaren going to drop back even more, the Redbull car was designed completely around the off throttle blown exhaust right from the start?

No one knows who's going to be effected the most, we'll have to wait for Silverstone to see.

Why are Mclaren going to drop back even more, the Redbull car was designed completely around the off throttle blown exhaust right from the start?

No one knows who's going to be effected the most, we'll have to wait for Silverstone to see.

The reason I say that is because that's what Lewis and Jenson think...Lewis said during the post race interview and if they think that then, what hope have we got :(

You're quite right merckx, we'll have to wait and see but that's what the Mclaren driver's think what's going to happen with their car...

Anyone going to Silverstone for the GP?

Yeah I should be there, will be working for the BRDC, if any one is going you will probably see me kicking about near the pits or the BRDC house on a scooter and wearing combats :) perks of the job I guess but I haven't had a day off in 3 weeks and I am fragged

KOV 1, TRU 2.

My prediction. Vettel to finish midfield, Lewis to crash into Jenson. Mark W to finish 25th.

We'll see :)

Like that but Trulli to finish 1st. (Yeh, my judgement is iffy too). If you see a short stocky guy wandering around in a Lotus/Trulli t-shirt that will be me.

I'll keep an eye out for you supra steveo.

What a time I had in Valencia. Full F1 Paddock, Paddock Club and Pitlane hospitality. Exclusive access and evening meal with Ross Brawn and breakfast the Race Day morning with Michael Schumacher and Nico Rosberg. See some pics. Going to update my thread with all the videos and pictures. A truly epic weekend.

Amazing.

:p

Greg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]135190[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]135191[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]135192[/ATTACH]

What a time I had in Valencia. Full F1 Paddock, Paddock Club and Pitlane hospitality. Exclusive access and evening meal with Ross Brawn and breakfast the Race Day morning with Michael Schumacher and Nico Rosberg. See some pics. Going to update my thread with all the videos and pictures. A truly epic weekend.

Amazing.

Greg

i hate you

KOV 1, TRU 2.

My prediction. Vettel to finish midfield, Lewis to crash into Jenson. Mark W to finish 25th.

We'll see :)

Wouldn't that be nice!! :D

I predice RBR as a one-two finish...Ferrari somewhere at the top and Mclaren well down the order :(

I hope Mercedes GP can pull off a good result, I want Schuey to start getting results, it's been long coming! :)

Does anyone watch the F1 forum on the red button after the race, some good interviews?

Yeah, I watch this most of time...exciting GP's are better. Didn't bother with the Valencia GP, I was demoralised after that :(

Monaco was a good one, funny to watch :D

Give it a go, the Britsh F1 forum should be good :)

Did anyone else think Jake was awesome on the grid walk? People just blanking him and walking off! :D

Yeah...especially Nico Rosberg!!! Git :D

Amazing.

Greg

You lucky bugger...I hate you too :p

• 2 weeks later...