The Official 2011 F1 Thread

Nic

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9547125.stm

Seems like the mid-season rule changes have really effected Redbull much more than others.

I'm not sure if the regulations slowed them down for the actual race, maybe qualifying as I was under the impression that the only change in the regulations they've kept (used in Valencia) was to make them use the same engine map on a Sunday as they do during qualifying.

The regulation changes for Silverstone have been changed back to what they used in Valencia which they'll use for the rest of the season.

The regulations used during the British GP where they stopped the teams using an off throttle blown diffuser have been scrapped and they're going back to the regulations used in Valencia allowing them to make full use of their off throttle blown diffusers.

The only change from the start of the season and made for Valencia was to make them use the same engine map on Sunday as they use in qualifying.

The opinion at the time was that this would effect impact Redbull the most.

Anyone seen the stuff about Mr. Ecclestone being investigated for alleged bribery? Something about shutting someone up over alleged irregularities with a trust fund or something?

Not having watched a car GP in its entirety in years it won't bother me if Sky get control of half the races. There's no way i would pay Murdoch for Sky whatever is on it.

I'm not paying £15 a month just for F1. :(

Exactly. It's not like you will get 2 races a month to watch. You will get 1 a month on average that isn't on BBC. So that's 15 quid a month for 1 race.

Because we all know the sky coverage/commentary/blurb will be crap so you will watch as many on BBC as you can.

I'm sure you can get a live feed on the net and turn on 5live :)

I always thaught burnt ecclescake err I mean bernie ecclestone never wanted f1 to be subscription

ahh, that explained the throwaway comment on Chris Moyles this morning. They had Jake on the phone from the race being a bit vague and one of Moyles minions piped in and said they has Sky on the phone and they were okay for presenters thanks.

If I was having to pay for it I would rather pay for the BBC coverage, but then Im doing that with the licence fee anyway.

What a shame, I'm really disappointed. :( There was talk that the BBC would lose the coverage altogether.

The coverage has never been as good as it is now. :(

The presenters are a great combination, Sky could well make them an offer.:blink:

it's them damn adverts that will be running in the middle of the race, I hated that when it was on itv!

Sky Sports will show every race, qualifying and practice session live and uninterrupted.