The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official 2011 F1 Thread

Nic

I cant believe i missed the end! i had to leave when the race was red flagged around lap 20 whatever and i had it on record but because they moved channels It hasnt got it! I player only shows up to when they restarted the race up to lap 30 ish. does anyone know where else i can watch the end?

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant believe i missed the end! i had to leave when the race was red flagged around lap 20 whatever and i had it on record but because they moved channels It hasnt got it! I player only shows up to when they restarted the race up to lap 30 ish. does anyone know where else i can watch the end?

Watch the highlights here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9511066.stm

Wow, what a race (once you got to the restart).

Great drive by JB - last to first and has got to be his best drive yet. :)

Two thoughts came to mind:

1. Hamilton seems to have unlearned everything he's picked up since coming to F1. He's driving like he's still in GP2.

2. This is the first time Vettel's come under any sort of pressure this season - usually he just drives his race from the front. What happens? He falls off the track. :)

Wow, what a race (once you got to the restart).

Great drive by JB - last to first and has got to be his best drive yet. :)

Two thoughts came to mind:

1. Hamilton seems to have unlearned everything he's picked up since coming to F1. He's driving like he's still in GP2.

2. This is the first time Vettel's come under any sort of pressure this season - usually he just drives his race from the front. What happens? He falls off the track. :)

1. Agree.

2. Barcelona? Monaco? Have to hugely disagree there.

bloody Sky/BBC/Weather, didn't get to start watching this until the coverage on BBC2 finished... and it seems the BBC2 coverage isn't appearing on the iplayer :( Sky extended to recover 4 hours on BBC HD... but alas doesn't allow for channel switching.

bloody Sky/BBC/Weather, didn't get to start watching this until the coverage on BBC2 finished... and it seems the BBC2 coverage isn't appearing on the iplayer :( Sky extended to recover 4 hours on BBC HD... but alas doesn't allow for channel switching.

I had to watch the highlights shown on bbc three which isnt ideal really. Feel like ive missed some good bits!

I see everyone is suddenly a Jenson fan! Maybe he needs to start acting like a gansta rapper and going for gaps that aren't there and people will like him more often ;)

I'm not surprised to see some people defending Hamilton's move again either, that man can do no wrong in some people's eyes.

I'm not surprised to see some people defending Hamilton's move again either, that man can do no wrong in some people's eyes.

I don't think it's so much that as being fair to him. He made a(nother) mistake, he should have gone to the other side (where maybe Button would have still been in front when he turned in?), but at the end of the day it was a racing incident. They're both doing 150mph in a cloud of water, you shouldn't expect Button to have seen him and you shouldn't expect Hamilton to weigh up the pros and cons of which side to go past him, it's literally a split second decision. You also can't expect Hamilton to just sit behind him when he had MUCH faster drive out of a previous corner - which seems to be what most people think he should be doing.

I don't think it's so much that as being fair to him. He made a(nother) mistake, he should have gone to the other side (where maybe Button would have still been in front when he turned in?), but at the end of the day it was a racing incident. They're both doing 150mph in a cloud of water, you shouldn't expect Button to have seen him and you shouldn't expect Hamilton to weigh up the pros and cons of which side to go past him, it's literally a split second decision. You also can't expect Hamilton to just sit behind him when he had MUCH faster drive out of a previous corner - which seems to be what most people think he should be doing.

To try and go down the outside there was pure madness, why he didn't stay up the inside into turn one I've no idea.

I am looking forward to when these blown diffuser's/exhaust's are banned.

I think this is what makes Red Bull so strong...when the FIA ban it after Silverstone, Mclaren and unfortunately Ferrari might get a chance and Red Bull may start to struggle to hold on toward the latter part of the season unless Adrian Newey can come up with something special like he always seems to do :(

I hope Mclaren can keep up the good work, their car was awesome in Monaco and Canada and if Jenson drives like that and Lew cools down and keeps his head, then they'll start reeling Red Bull in :)

I still think that Vettel will clinch the title though...but, you never know ;)