The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official 2011 F1 Thread

Nic

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of a farce, shouldn't they have cars designed to cater for these conditions. Not as if it's not a frequent occurrence throughout the season.

They go to tracks when rain is least possible, but it will always happen. There's no compromise on the cars.

Hmm...In the rain....:innocent: what ever happened to driving to the conditions

Think Hamilton doesn't do himself enough favours.....there is a whole 70laps to go and he seems to want to end it in 5.

I'm not Hamilton's biggest fan but I think he was driving fine, he was just faster than Button at that point. With his idol being Senna, it's understandable as to why he's wanting to get to the front ASAP, part of being a racing driver I suppose

Hamilton is a fool, watch the replay you can see button moving to the left ON THE RACING LINE & there was never gona be a gap when he got there? & this after spinning Webber

By saying that then it means Button was cutting Hamilton up and it's ok as he was going for the racing line. The racing line for the next corner was to go to the left but Hamilton was about to cruise up on that part of the track, he doesn't have to yield to allow Button to take the line.

They go to tracks when rain is least possible, but it will always happen. There's no compromise on the cars.

Bit of a shambles from an entertainment perspective when the margins of operation are so finely tuned.

By saying that then it means Button was cutting Hamilton up and it's ok as he was going for the racing line. The racing line for the next corner was to go to the left but Hamilton was about to cruise up on that part of the track, he doesn't have to yield to allow Button to take the line.

Surly you mean hamilton has to drive around button not through him, as per hamilton was to far back to get through the narrowing gap

I would expect that it would be difficult to spot the car behind on a good day (aren't those mirror next to useless), on a wet track with spray it would be pretty much impossible. lewis puts way too much faith in other drivers and isnt the first time he has paid the price. question is - why is such a slow learner?

You can't compare Hamilton to Senna imo, his 'risky' moves were calculated, Hamiltons moves are just plain silly.

Agree.

I really do like Hamilton's style of driving, however for the past few races he hasn't done himself any favours.