The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official 2011 F1 Thread

Nic

I am looking forward to when these blown diffuser's/exhaust's are banned.

I think this is what makes Red Bull so strong...when the FIA ban it after Silverstone, Mclaren and unfortunately Ferrari might get a chance and Red Bull may start to struggle to hold on toward the latter part of the season unless Adrian Newey can come up with something special like he always seems to do :(

I hope Mclaren can keep up the good work, their car was awesome in Monaco and Canada and if Jenson drives like that and Lew cools down and keeps his head, then they'll start reeling Red Bull in :)

I still think that Vettel will clinch the title though...but, you never know ;)

My view is that it will hurt the RedBull the most, but, it will hurt the Ferrari and McLaren too - and then it comes down to has the most mechanical grip for the lower speed corners. RBR has the best medium-high speed aero, but what of McLaren and Ferrrari, will they turn into tyre chewers?

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you'll see it hurt Renault the most.

With the forward facing exhausts?

Renault engine mappers are going to be busy boys.

With the off-throttle blowing, they'll use less fuel, so RBR will be able to run lighter if they used it most. Wonder how much of a gain that would be?

My view is that it will hurt the RedBull the most, but, it will hurt the Ferrari and McLaren too - and then it comes down to has the most mechanical grip for the lower speed corners. RBR has the best medium-high speed aero, but what of McLaren and Ferrrari, will they turn into tyre chewers?

Yeah I agree with you Johnny g...I think RBR will still be strong with the likes of Vettel driving but Mclaren, Ferrari and Renault will close the gap somewhat and the rest of the pack will be closer. I think it will be a very interesting second part of the season :)

Adrian Newey though, will think and design something else and put RBR back on the top miles away from the rest of the pack.

I hope Mclaren get there first but yeah, tyres and more importantly, strategy is going to be the contributing factors of the championship this season. Let's wait and see how this pans out ;)

I think you'll see it hurt Renault the most.

Yeah quite possibly...I hope it hurts RBR the most :sly:

With the forward facing exhausts?

Renault engine mappers are going to be busy boys.

With the off-throttle blowing, they'll use less fuel, so RBR will be able to run lighter if they used it most. Wonder how much of a gain that would be?

Depending on how much fuel RBR run for their car's and how Vettel and Webber drive...could be quite a gain. I do think that RBR have got this season under control.

Vettel and Red Bull are already miles ahead, all they have to do is be reliable :(

Hopefully the Redbulls won't be as quick in qualfying from this weekend.:)

With most of the teams usings the hot blown exhaust gases whilst off throttle to increase the down force, Redbull have thought to have been using a more extreme engine map in qualifying than in the race. From this weekend whatever you use in qualifying you have to start the race with.

Redbull have been turning it down a little for the race because it uses more fuel and decreases engine life.

From Silverstone the teams cannot use a hot blown exhaust at all, who know's who'll have the quickest car then!!!

http://www.yallaf1.com/2011/06/21/fia-to-restrict-blown-exhaust-in-valencia/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Yallaf1com+%28YallaF1.com%29

Hopefully the Redbulls won't be as quick in qualfying from this weekend.:)

With most of the teams usings the hot blown exhaust gases whilst off throttle to increase the down force, Redbull have thought to have been using a more extreme engine map in qualifying than in the race. From this weekend whatever you use in qualifying you have to start the race with.

Redbull have been turning it down a little for the race because it uses more fuel and decreases engine life.

From Silverstone the teams cannot use a hot blown exhaust at all, who know's who'll have the quickest car then!!!

http://www.yallaf1.com/2011/06/21/fia-to-restrict-blown-exhaust-in-valencia/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Yallaf1com+%28YallaF1.com%29

Unfortunately...RBR seem pretty quick in practice :(

I hope Webber and Vettel can't translate this in to qualifying and the race!!

Second practice

1 Fernando Alonso 5 Ferrari 1:37.968

2 Lewis Hamilton 3 McLaren-Mercedes 1:38.195

3 Sebastian Vettel 1 Red Bull-Renault 1:38.265

4 Michael Schumacher 7 Mercedes GP 1:38.315

5 Felipe Massa 6 Ferrari 1:38.443

6 Jenson Button 4 McLaren-Mercedes 1:38.483

7 Mark Webber 2 Red Bull-Renault 1:38.531

8 Nico Rosberg 8 Mercedes GP 1:38.981

9 Nick Heidfeld 9 Renault 1:39.040

10 Vitaly Petrov 10 Renault 1:39.586

11 Adrian Sutil 14 Force India-Mercedes 1:39.626

12 Rubens Barrichello 11 Williams-Cosworth 1:40.020

13 Pastor Maldonado 12 Williams-Cosworth 1:40.301

14 Paul Di Resta 15 Force India-Mercedes 1:40.363

15 Sebastien Buemi 18 Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:40.454

16 Sergio Perez 17 Sauber 1:40.531

17 Kamui Kobayashi 16 Sauber 1:42.083

18 Heikki Kovalainen 20 Lotus-Renault 1:42.156

19 Jarno Trulli 21 Lotus-Renault 1:42.239

20 Timo Glock 24 Virgin-Cosworth 1:42.273

21 Jerome d'Ambrosio 25 Virgin-Cosworth 1:42.809

22 Vitantonio Liuzzi 23 Hispania-Cosworth 1:44.460

23 Narain Karthikeyan 22 Hispania-Cosworth 1:46.906

Surely practice doesn't mean a lot though, there's no way of knowing what maps they were testing or whether they were testing full fuel loads etc.?

Quite true, but its some kind of indication at least.

It's basically testing fuel loads and set-up's but is an indication of what type of pace the car's have...

RBR always seem to pull something out of the hat, I still tip them to win Valencia :(

3 rd practice

1 Sebastian Vettel 1 Red Bull-Renault 1:37.258

2 Fernando Alonso 5 Ferrari 1:37.678

3 Felipe Massa 6 Ferrari 1:37.840

4 Mark Webber 2 Red Bull-Renault 1:38.068

5 Jenson Button 4 McLaren-Mercedes 1:38.326

6 Nico Rosberg 8 Mercedes GP 1:38.580

7 Lewis Hamilton 3 McLaren-Mercedes 1:38.741

8 Michael Schumacher 7 Mercedes GP 1:38.799

9 Vitaly Petrov 10 Renault 1:38.822

10 Nick Heidfeld 9 Renault 1:39.113

11 Adrian Sutil 14 Force India-Mercedes 1:39.411

12 Sergio Perez 17 Sauber 1:39.778

13 Paul Di Resta 15 Force India-Mercedes 1:39.823

14 Kamui Kobayashi 16 Sauber 1:39.848

15 Sebastien Buemi 18 Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:39.888

16 Rubens Barrichello 11 Williams-Cosworth 1:39.987

17 Pastor Maldonado 12 Williams-Cosworth 1:40.004

18 Jaime Alguersuari 19 Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:40.239

19 Heikki Kovalainen 20 Lotus-Renault 1:41.267

20 Jarno Trulli 21 Lotus-Renault 1:41.690

21 Timo Glock 24 Virgin-Cosworth 1:42.557

22 Vitantonio Liuzzi 23 Hispania-Cosworth 1:43.243

23 Jerome d'Ambrosio 25 Virgin-Cosworth 1:43.309

24 Narain Karthikeyan 22 Hispania-Cosworth 1:44.630

He's a good driver, but it doesn't make me' like him anymore! Hopefully the fold will carry on tomorrow with redbull not having as much pace on race day as they do in qually! Velencia is a ace circuit IMO, is there one or 2 drs zones this weekend?