The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project Supracharger

David P

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it can be mapped this time, I'm getting tired of negative "haven't you done that job yet" comments from those around me.

I'm not bothered if it's not 100%, I just want it to be sufficiently good enough to be able to leave it on, which would make it a lot easier to then dot the I's and cross the T's.

Making, developing and building this conversion away from home, outside without shelter and alone without alternative transport is a logistical nightmare.

Edited by David P (see edit history)

No still at home, the car is loaded onto the trailer yet the driver is presently in a meeting with his accountant, then we go.

Just buzzed round it with the angle grinder, after the tricks I've done with that thing making the conversion I declare myself 'dab-hand' with it.

Haircut Sir?

Edited by David P (see edit history)

I hope it can be mapped this time, I'm getting tired of negative "haven't you done that job yet" comments from those around me.

I'm not bothered if it's not 100%, I just want it to be sufficiently good enough to be able to leave it on, which would make it a lot easier to then dot the I's and cross the T's.

Making, developing and building this conversion away from home, outside without shelter and alone without alternative transport is a logistical nightmare.

You're a fantastic example of dedication David! :thumbs:

Looking forward to the results :)

It's actually only half way there, there are a few odds and sods to attend to but it's staying on, which is the most important factor. :yahoo:

There is a minor air leak to find and fix.

I have located the fuel regulator take off before the charger and it should be after.

The plug gaps are too wide and the spark is blown out @ 6k, which is before the auto box changes up @ WOT.

The little wonk in the supercharger shaft makes the pulley think the 6 rib belt is a 3 rib belt and will only boost to 8 psi before slipping.

The crank position sensor is iffy and needs changing.

The ignition timing cut relays for gear changes are creating a feed-back which makes manualised gear change inoperable.

The spring loaded tensioner may need a stronger spring, but I won't know until I have fitted a straight shaft.

The charge cooler pump is not wired into the ECU.

The water/meth system has not yet been drawn into the equation.

The HHO is not yet online.

And maybe a few other minor bits, but I don't really care, it's on to stay and now I can tinker with these bits and chase them out one at a time. :)