The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project Supracharger

David P

Noz and Chris, Cheers for the input.

The Maths.

New imported 550cc injectors = circa £500.

Used injectors cleaned/tested and P&P both ways = circa £100.

£200 for used set + clean/test = £300.

That looks about right. :think:

The Betterments List has had a good pruning but it will be the replacement Suprastick that will be last component to arrive.

I will bide my time with the injectors, hoping to get lucky with a good set at the right price.

Edited by David P (see edit history)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a dog. :(

A mongrel of three parents fitted with a smaller after-market pulley and the oil plug has never been undone since the day it was born.

attachment.php?attachmentid=155726&d=1344110072

The rear bearings are shot allowing the rotor tips to contact the casting.

An unmaintained charger that's been worked hard and looks more trouble than it's worth, I will have it changed for another.

attachment.php?attachmentid=155727&d=1344110072

charger 2 002.jpg

charger 2 008.JPG

It's a dog. :(

A mongrel of three parents fitted with a smaller after-market pulley and the oil plug has never been undone since the day it was born.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=155726&d=1344110072

The rear bearings are shot allowing the rotor tips to contact the casting.

It's an unmaintained charger that's been worked hard and it looks more trouble than it's worth, I will have it changed for another.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=155727&d=1344110072

Oh no!

It's done gone been monster mashed!

Can it not be redeemed or returned?

It could be "redeemed" with a complete overhaul including a new set of bearings, but with the damage to the casing and rotors it would not charge as well as it could.

I could rob the damaged new charger, but the rear bearings are different, which means the rotor shaft could be different too etc, this is an old dog and an earlier model M112.

I will call the Breaker tomorrow and have a word in his ear, I'm sure he will change it for another.

Every now and then, Brand-Spankers turn-up at the right price, so my game-plan is to find a cheap serviceable charger for now until one turns up.

Roll the dice again please.

What's all that twaddle doing in my build thread?

Four days of soaking in petrol and scrubbing once a day, followed a steam clean to Hell and a lot of wire brushing and scratching about.

This casting is a lot better than the first but oil has still got into the aluminium in one patch.

I will have to try welding it and see how it takes, but all three aluminium welders I know are away on holiday. :shrug:

attachment.php?attachmentid=155881&d=1344333123

attachment.php?attachmentid=155880&d=1344332670

rocker cover 001.JPG

rocker cover 004.JPG

I am expecting the Suprastick will be the final item to arrive, I have a pal holidaying in Texas returning 3rd September so I will try and use this route to get the ECU, another belt and maybe some injectors here economically.

It looks likely first or second week in September for a dyno twirl and then run it at Japshow Santapod 30th September.

Audi ICV that has convenient plumbing, injector clip from Ford Ka, 22m to 19mm silicone elbow, couple of 25mm Jubilees and an 1 1/2" pipe-clip.

attachment.php?attachmentid=156004&d=1344602094

A bit of tinkering ..........

Et Voila! Bullet-proof ICV. :)

Just need to sort out how to get the 2 wires to function instead of the stock 5.

attachment.php?attachmentid=156005&d=1344602094

New ICV 001.JPG

New ICV 007.JPG

Prior to your edit, you had me out cryptic-ed.

Cripes, I out encrypted The Caped Cryptographer himself!

I thought that the conundrum could become humdrum if it was not undone. An unravelment of the dazzlement, so to speak.

Looks like one of those Hamlet moments........ :sly:

Maybe the ICV supercharger-crunch broke more of the legs on my sense of humour than I had realised. :think:

With the new bullet-proof belt-and-braces upgrade, it should soon be back up-to-speed. :)

Cheers for the untwaddling, have a smoke on me. :drag:

I can't wait to hear the new bullet-proof monkgrowl again! :D

Don't try to unravel that one.

:sly:

Thank you for the link Keron, if there are purple top Denso injectors hiding in those boxes and they go for a song, I may regret just buying a set of low imp Delphi's, that's why I need the pack.

I have been hunting for high imp Denso's for a couple of weeks but the Delphi's were the best deal I found.

As an economy I was planning to have the Delphi's, Suprastick and a couple of Gatorbacks arrive with holiday luggage 2nd September, but I can't access the workshop for the first 3 weeks in September, which would mean no supercharger till October.

So I have upped the pace to have it done in August and been and gone and done it now with the injectors. :shrug:

Now looking for a resistor pack to wire them in, so if anyone knows where one is lurking, please let me know.

The replacement charger is due to arrive on Monday, I hope it's a good-un this time. :amen:

Not many things remaining on the list.

After paying for the injectors I received an additional charge of $10, so enquired what this fee may be and apparently it was due to my "extended area"! :blink:

So I pointed out that I had paid for "Worldwide" Expedited Shipping and don't live on the Space Station! :shrug:

Fee annulled, injectors shipped. :)

Only problem is; they have omitted the first line of my address on the package. :looney:

The replacement charger is a healthier unit and I'm happy to give it a twirl. :) I will get it to an Engineer tomorrow for modifications.

My instinct is to rebuild it with new bearings, yet will stick to the plan and fit as-is to get me up and growling and keep a look out for a new one.

attachment.php?attachmentid=156299&d=1344976262

attachment.php?attachmentid=156300&d=1344976262

charger 3 001.JPG

charger 3 006.JPG