The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bailey's single build thread

Bailey.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to see the angle properly without contorting myself, but it looks viable. What's the outer braid made of on that hose? I would prefer to see a steel pipe past the manifold, with two silicone connectors at turbo and block myself.

Just a black s/s braided hose chris.

Im trying to work out what this guy has done different to me? scroll down half way to see his. he also has the large 3" outlet comp housing.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?517505-TROLL-s-94-TT-Restoration-Painted-Bay-Fuse-Box-Relocation-and-other-nonsense.../page7

Also looks like the horizal pics above wont work as theres not enough clearence to the inner wing!!!

This is a few pics with 2 bolts acting as another t4 manifold flange which i could use as a spacer,

Edited by Bailey. (see edit history)

Nice ... did they get those monsters together in one VAN :D

Yeah mate, really pleased, ive just heard back from wheeladaptors.com. apparently the guy has been having a heart opp, so just waiting for a price. renting the arch roller tis weekend, once i know the spacers are being done and tthere ordered, i will get the tyres off, and posted to big jim for widening. sill know actual build work yet though:(

Tried adjusting the dampening on the hks coilovers today and they wont adjust, handles like a boat tbh, not happy, and for those who dont know, only fitted them 2 weekends ago. just to rub it in, i sold my stock shocks on thursday, wohooo, so will have to buy some more before i can return them to the seller. no issues with that just a pita.[ANGRY][/ANGRY]

Also where do i stand with sending them back? bought them on ebay!!!

This has turned into a full respray job today, Removed the oem spats, and where the oem sealent was, it removed laquer in places on both rear quaters, both sills are spot on, but previously both front wings have been painted, but without removing the oem skirts, soooooooo, there is a line, that i cant seem to do anything with, so if im painting both rear quaters, and both front wings, i may aswell go the whole hog, will be done after the single build, straight away all being well, whats the rough respray costs, no colour change, no repairs, purely rub down and paint, stock body, £2k????

so all in all, today hasnt been great, lol!

Depends if it's a proper windows out job but anywhere from 1.5k upto 3-4k I supose. Paying more doesn't mean you get a better job picking the person to paint your car can be hit or miss.

I'd try and do some digging in your area and try and get feed back about ones your looking to use.

Depends if it's a proper windows out job but anywhere from 1.5k upto 3-4k I surpose. Paying more doesn't mean you get a better job picking the person to paint your car can be hit or miss.

I'd try and do some digging in your area and try and get feed back about ones your looking to use.

very true, not many good painters i know or trust in this area, i will remove all windows, screens etc and re fit, i will take the car too them bumpers etc off, get them to paint and i will refit it up i would think

it is an added expense that i didnt really need, but hey hey!

found it :)

R&J Jeffs

Body Repair Centre

Highfield Road

Industrial Estate

Camelford Cornwall

PL32 9RA

Tel: 01840 212560

or 212497

Only just spotted this,lol. And they are pretty good at what they do right? I went to a guy who co owns ambassador coachworks in surrey, but even though he said he would to it at a reduced cash price, I think it may be high costs considering the cars they work on. I will give them a call tomorrow and see what they come back with as camelford is about an hour away.

Project wise the car is looking a little sorry for itself already with no skirts or trims at the minute.

Hecklers resistor pack turned up the other day so that's another thing off the list. Going to order rod bolts and head studs tomorrow from Paul.

But I'm torn on wether to split the block up and fit new bearings and rings or just leave it alone and just fit the rod bolts, any comments on this would be helpful????

Oh, engine out next weekend, yay.

He has not dont any work for me (i bought a new supra before he could) i think he wanted about £2000 for a full respray if i striped the car. All i can go by is his work that i have seen. The best one i saw was a TVR he had resprayed it looked really really smart could not fault it. have a chat with him seems a nice guy.

Engines out, heads off, all good to go. One thing what do i do with the turbo water lines that i no longer need. Im talking about the 2 outlets that i dont need, one on the pipe running around the bay and the one thats coming off below the water pump????

Are you talking about the ones that are on the upper rad pipe elbow? I got some rubber caps from Whifbitz that do the trick for them and the one below the water pump but for ultimate tidiness the ones from the upper rad pipe can be welded over.

Are you talking about the ones that are on the upper rad pipe elbow? I got some rubber caps from Whifbitz that do the trick for them and the one below the water pump but for ultimate tidiness the ones from the upper rad pipe can be welded over.

Yep the ones on that top elbow I'm getting welded up. The one beneath the pump and the smaller one at the back of bay which is on the pipe that is attached to the block?

Just after we got a few bits out of the front of the bay

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h358/baileyjdm/084.jpg[/img</p><p> Up in the air just about to remove prop etc</p><p> [img]http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h358/baileyjdm/087.jpg

She is out

Chief mechanic

Manifolds all sripped

Head already to get refreshed

As it stands

The resting place for a day or two

And this is one of the pipes im not sure what to do with??

And the other is the smaller spigot that is on the pipe near where the engine is attatched to the stand, no close up, sorry.

All in all it has been a very productive day, around two and a half hours to get the engine and box out, and then another few hours too strip it down to how it is now. we have learnt a huge amount today thats for sure.

045.jpg

050.jpg

054.jpg

069.jpg

090.jpg

099.jpg

Edited by Bailey. (see edit history)

Hi Mate,

Good effort so far.

The first pipe your not sure about is parts of the water pump assembly. You will need to keep this unless you are going to buy a new one. Have you bought a new water pump? Sorry I have read some of the thread but up to that point you had not decided if you were going to replace you water and oil pump. If replacing the water pump and you have bought OEM and not blue print then you will also need to separate the pipe which goes to the bottom of the radiator to the pump. Once you remove the rubber hose two bolts hold the pipe inside which is the thermostatic control valve.

The other pipes you refer to are also parts of the cooling system running from the water pump to the oil cooler built into the oil filter housing. You will need to keep these. Alternatively if you are installing a oil cooling kit you could get rid of the stock oil cooler and use an N/A pipe which does not go to the oil cooler. I think CW has done this and can advise about the removal of the stock oil cooler.