The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bailey's single build thread

Bailey.

So the engine is coming out for sure now and will be gone over with a fine tooth comb! Will feel much happy knowing it's all fresh!

Just been thinking and I don't know why I haven't thought about it before! What kind of power can I expect with this setup?? Full boost should be around 4500 rpm speaking to others who have had them on supra's! But what power and torque should I expect!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some early christmas pressies for me from father christmas whiffin:d

Thanks for all your help paul, still a few bits to come from the anodiser's but the bulk of it i collected from the courier this evening. over the moon to say the least:)

sorry about the iphone pics.

competition clutch and ultralite flywheel

oem crank pulley

anodised purple whifbitz pulley set

anodised purple whifbitz idler

whifbitz 264 camshafts

bosch 044 pump and fittings

new water pump

rocker gaskets

cam seals

gates racing belts

k&n filter

ngk plugs

coil pack clips

to follow,

anodised graphite catch tank

anodised graphite 4" filter pipe

anodised graphite and purple verniers

iphone081.jpg

iphone086.jpg

iphone087.jpg

iphone088.jpg

Edited by Bailey. (see edit history)

Today the rest of my whifbitz order arrived straight from the anodisers, im over the moon, cam pullies are better than i could have immagined, buying these blind i did not know what they would look like, but there great quality and the graphite and purple looks crazy imo:D:D

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2476/img0098ki.jpg

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/6782/img0101x.jpg

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/94/img0100x.jpg

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/9747/img0102nc.jpg

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/5899/img0104nqn.jpg

iphone 003.jpg

iphone 006.jpg

iphone 005.jpg

iphone 007.jpg

iphone 010.jpg

Nice you got everything before X-Max. :)

You should put everything under your X-Mas tree and get us a nice pic. :D

Merry christmas mate ;)

Mate the x-mas tree is stacked. Now after Christmas, get the turbo ordered up and away we go. I think I had this idea that going single was not a ""over a period of time"" job. But all these parts have got to be fitted somewhere.lol!!! I imagine once the engines out it will be up and running ready for mapping a month later, all ready for Easter if all goes well!! Just waiting for rickys and dans cars to be mapped now to make my choice! Alot of powder coating to be done to and I have got to find someone to do this aswell.

Merry Christmas luc.

Have you decided which turbo you're going with?

Not yet bud, choices are

Bw 88-75

Bw 84-75

Pt 6765 journal

Pt 6265

All great in turbos really, also cosidering the smaller 6265 seriously. May not make 600hp but will come on song alot earlier than the others and may suit where I will be driving the car better.

Try to get some test drives before doing your choice. I will be in the UK beginning of april for next upgrades ... you're always welcome to have a go in my 91-79 at 1.8 bar ;)

Really want to get it all done by then bud. I've been in jamesy's crazy beast of a machine and that was around 650hp on the day and that was a little more than I would need for where I would be driving! but would be nice on a high boost setting. Mind you if you gave me James's car I would certainly not turn it away, lol

Really want to get it all done by then bud. I've been in jamesy's crazy beast of a machine and that was around 650hp on the day and that was a little more than I would need for where I would be driving! but would be nice on a high boost setting. Mind you if you gave me James's car I would certainly not turn it away, lol

The 62mm turbo should give around 550hp, the 67mm around 600hp at the same boost. Have you considered the Garrett T04Z DBB?

The 62mm turbo should give around 550hp, the 67mm around 600hp at the same boost. Have you considered the Garrett T04Z DBB?

I think your about right with the 62mm but would imagine the billet 67mm would make closer to 650+.

I always thought I would get a garrett to4z but after reading a few comments about being surprisingly laggy for turbo size I decided to steer away from them. Very reasonably priced though at £1099.

I think your about right with the 62mm but would imagine the billet 67mm would make closer to 650+.

I always thought I would get a garrett to4z but after reading a few comments about being surprisingly laggy for turbo size I decided to steer away from them. Very reasonably priced though at £1099.

At perhaps 1.8+bar yes a 67mm turbo should be capable of 650hp, at around 1.4-1.5bar it'll make around 600hp.

Never heard anyone describe the T04Z as laggy, Chiefgroover and Chingy both have experience of it.

The Supra ECU Register HERE could be useful reference.

Mate I have spent ages on the ecu register. Lol

Back to the t04z, laggy is a bit harsh, but It in comparison it will make the same power and spool as a journal 6765. A bb 67 comes on around 3.5/6 very strong if I remember correctly. I dunno want to try something it a bit different. Alot of the guys on sf are running these comp turbos, but you don't here very much about them in the uk.

Mate I have spent ages on the ecu register. Lol

Back to the t04z, laggy is a bit harsh, but It in comparison it will make the same power and spool as a journal 6765. A bb 67 comes on around 3.5/6 very strong if I remember correctly. I dunno maybe i want to try something a bit different. Alot of the guys on sf are running these comp turbos, but you don't here very much about them in the uk.

One very last comment from mine.

I was running a PHR Stage 1 (60mm) at 1.5 bar, which was around 550 bhp. It was a great turbo, with spool starting around 3.2k .. full boost at 3.7.

After 1 year, I got bore with the power, and decided to go for the 91-79 (67mm). The turbo spools slower than the Stage 1, but pushes so much harder. At the same boost, it made 630 bhp.

After 8 months, I got bored again, and therefore went for GReddy intake, water/meth injection ; in april, a remap to 1.8 will be done.

The point I want to get to you is : Don't go for a too small turbo right now, as you may have to push it hard to get the numbers you're after. Plus, once you want more, a new turbo will be necessary. That was the reason I went for a bigger unit when I swapped the Stage 1. I know that the 91-79 can go up to 750+ bhp (on E85), so there is still a lot of margin.

If you say that 600bhp is fine for you .. ask yourself it I will be fine, or fine for a starter. ;)

Cheers

Luc

One very last comment from mine.

I was running a PHR Stage 1 (60mm) at 1.5 bar, which was around 550 bhp. It was a great turbo, with spool starting around 3.2k .. full boost at 3.7.

After 1 year, I got bore with the power, and decided to go for the 91-79 (67mm). The turbo spools slower than the Stage 1, but pushes so much harder. At the same boost, it made 630 bhp.

After 8 months, I got bored again, and therefore went for GReddy intake, water/meth injection ; in april, a remap to 1.8 will be done.

The point I want to get to you is : Don't go for a too small turbo right now, as you may have to push it hard to get the numbers you're after. Plus, once you want more, a new turbo will be necessary. That was the reason I went for a bigger unit when I swapped the Stage 1. I know that the 91-79 can go up to 750+ bhp (on E85), so there is still a lot of margin.

If you say that 600bhp is fine for you .. ask yourself it I will be fine, or fine for a starter. ;)

Cheers

Luc

Correct ^^^^^^^