The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bailey's single build thread

Bailey.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just trying to mod the loom to tidy things up. I have the 4 plugs for the sequential turbo solinoids, what should i do with these? Is it ok to just cut them back in to the loom and cover the end over??

I'd cut them back and cover them up really well, or if you have the time an do what I did, remove them from the loom altogether!

On a. Side/Pikey note, fancy selling the vsv plugs with a bit of wire? I'm after the wastegate plug ;)

I'd cut them back and cover them up really well, or if you have the time an do what I did, remove them from the loom altogether!

On a. Side/Pikey note, fancy selling the vsv plugs with a bit of wire? I'm after the wastegate plug ;)

Yup i will sort them out for you mate, so cut them back an d put a sleeve over the ends and tape them back up in the loom?

Also the valve at the back of the inlet mani that has 2 water pipes off the bottom and a larger pipe from the top that went to the tt compressor housing, what shall i do with this??? Blank the pipe?

Yup i will sort them out for you mate, so cut them back an d put a sleeve over the ends and tape them back up in the loom?

Also the valve at the back of the inlet mani that has 2 water pipes off the bottom and a larger pipe from the top that went to the tt compressor housing, what shall i do with this??? Blank the pipe?

That's the idle control valve, I belive most have a small filter on that, I've done the same...

Update, first off the night the car arrived in the new workshop, not washed just shammied to stop us coming into a swimming pool in the morning.

And todays work, Its in

So all being well, tomorrow we will finish the oil cooler fitting, get the aux side finished up, fit the fpr and sort out the vent off the tank to go out inside the rear bumper, Mock up the I/c to turbo pipework and modify the down pipe with the v band,egt and afr fittings weled on. And then next week the list is much much smaller.

Also sorry for the pics, they looked ok on my iphone lol, go pro in need i think.

Also awaiting delivery of a SRD radiator which was needed tbh, i took a look at the stock rad, and i think it would have been fine, just didnt want to risk it!

203.jpg

202.jpg

197.jpg

183.jpg

181.jpg

171.jpg

179.jpg

192.jpg

Edited by Bailey. (see edit history)

The oil cooler is now fitted and the intercooler is refitted as it was hanging in on 1 bolt at the top.

attachment.php?attachmentid=130934&d=1303163698

Finally bolted the turbo up to the manifold, was a bit of a pain and we had to mod a spanner to get to the front inner nut,

Also mocked up the down pipe here and it will take very little work to mod the 4 bolt flange to the 3" v band i have. once that and the egt sensor is fitted to the d/pipe i will wrap that as i have the manifold.

You can also see where i have reduced the size of the loom greatly where is parces inside the top water elbow, by removing the old tt solenoid valve plugs and re-routing the o2 sensor loom between the rocker covers.

Oil feed and drain fitted, just awaiting some heat shield sleeving for the feed and a little for the joiner on the drain.

This afternoon i shortened the rear water pipe( see 2 pics above how it would have been) as advised by Lee p, thank you mate

And here is a rather nice addition, again thanks Lee

038.jpg

040.jpg

041.jpg

042.jpg

043.jpg

Cheers guys, it will be great to get it up and running now, wheels should be back tomorrow or Thursday too so that's a bonus!

One question, can you turn the breathers in the head which way you like? All it is I need it facing back towards the bulkhead to go to my catch can!!!

Cheers guys, it will be great to get it up and running now, wheels should be back tomorrow or Thursday too so that's a bonus!

One question, can you turn the breathers in the head which way you like? All it is I need it facing back towards the bulkhead to go to my catch can!!!

just get a pair of pliers dude and turn it round, simple! :D

Build is coming along great now. :thumbs:

Its been a long day, but worth it,

very hard to list all the little jobs but heres a few pics

I/c pip welded to turbo hoiusing

All painted up ready to fit

All fitted up, turbo bolted up for good,

Starting to get there, shame i will be covering them pullies up

SRD rad and cowling all fitted up, also had to re route the oil cooler pipework as it was fowling on the new rad

Sard fpr all fitted up

Fuel vent fitted in the original vent for the cannister in the inner wing, Loom all sortred( short lived), resistor pack fitted.

A bit of an over view

Greddy 4 bolt down pipe, we had to shorten the pipe by an inch, weld in the egt sensor fitting and weld the v band in place. Also wrapped, awaiting tuseday to get some stainless wire to tie it in place

Top rad pipe fitted, however awaiting some new clips, belt and damper fitted

All in all, a great day:)

041.jpg

040.jpg

039.jpg

036.jpg

034.jpg

028.jpg

010.jpg

009.jpg

022.jpg

025.jpg

Edited by Bailey. (see edit history)

What are you going to do to support the turbo and wastegate? Is there an exhaust front section support to the bellhousing? Without those things covered there's every chance a tubular manifold will crack. Good luck with it, looks like it's nearing firing up time :)

Quite a valdid point chris, and if I'm honest a little over looked, but most builds don't have any support for the weight of the turbo, and I already have my eye on a whifbitz twin gated setup next year.