The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bailey's single build thread

Bailey.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i was going for the BW unit i was actually after the bullseye S362 that Paul mentioned. Very good turbo mate.

All i would say to u, no matter what turbo u get, is get one of Paul's Twin scroll mani's ;). The last thing missing off my list

Now :cool:

That's for sure, it is an amazing piece of kit and Paul's is much cheaper then the one sold in the US..!

James Paul offered me a crazy price on one of his turbo kits minus turbo a few weeks back, he was taunting me via email, lol! Just not this time round, maybe in 12 months time when these efr turbos prove there selves I will buy the turbo and what I'm sure will be a newly designed manifold for use with the efr turbo( no w/gate flange etc).

I'm always up for a deal....I'll have a twin wastegate bolt on kit available very soon as well with the option of 3" and 4" downpipes.

But the Question is, do you do better discounts for people who have got your old mani? :D maybe trade in, old for new? Got to ask :D

Are you going for the black chrome option with your dark build? never seen it before. Thinking of one of these for mine or a BW efr.

Black chrome looks crazy, but would look a but odd In what will be my engine bay as everything is/will be powdercoated black or anodised graphite, so should look quite suptle, the purple pullies will break it up a bit but as I will have stock rad/fan for the Minute you won't see much of those anyways!

The coating is purely a black hpc which look like a

Matt effect,

I forgot to mention I also ordered a bl oil feed and return kit!

luc should be good, already thinking about an efr bw once they have prooved there selves!!!!!

And the twist should be cool!!

I know that once you'll have the 6765 installed, mapped and making nice numbers, you won't change that fast ;)

Good luck with the build ... how long does delivery take on the remaining parts?

I know that once you'll have the 6765 installed, mapped and making nice numbers, you won't change that fast ;)

Good luck with the build ... how long does delivery take on the remaining parts?

Well the compressor is going to take 7 days to get coated, they had the turbo on the shelf, so 7 days plus shipping. In the next couple of weeks I will get some bc springs and retainers ordered along with valve stem seals, and lockers. Oh and a phr oil pump!

Oh 2 things

- what is the score with these idler brackets, do they fail, or can I keep it in mind for the future?

- injector resistor box? I have no idea what to do about this?

Edited by Bailey. (see edit history)

- injector resistor box? I have no idea what to do about this?

It depends what injectors you are using, on a J-spec the stock injectors are high impedance, if you fit aftermarket low impedance injectors you will need a resistor pack, if you fit aftermarket high impedance injectors you won't need a resistor pack.

The UK Supra is factory fitted with low impedance injectors and a resistor pack.

It depends what injectors you are using, on a J-spec the stock injectors are high impedance, if you fit aftermarket low impedance injectors you will need a resistor pack, if you fit aftermarket high impedance injectors you won't need a resistor pack.

The UK Supra is factory fitted with low impedance injectors and a resistor pack.

Cool, I have 750cc drop ins and they are low impedance. How would I go about getting a resistor pack?