The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bailey's single build thread

Bailey.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my god thats a spec list!

Lets hope it's all worth it mate! any news on yours yet?

Have you missed anything. Yep

Where's the carrillo rods cp pistons go for the built engine:innocent:.

Good luck with it all bud be looking at the updates.

Thanks Ricky, hoping to start the first week of february.;)

Lol built engine! mrs or engine, mrs or engine??? I think she would be gone if i went down that route right now!!!

• 2 weeks later...

My parcel from boost logic is currently at stanstead airport in customs so not long now. There is a ouple of things i need to clear up,

-Head gasket- Do i use a oem toyota or an uprated one?

-Head studs- Arp uprated ones or re-use the ones already fitted?

-Rod bolts - Arp uprated or not?

-Can you buy fittings to put oil temp/pressure sensors in the oil lines to oil cooler for example?

Have you sent your wheels to Big Jim yet? :D

nope not yet dude. got a couple of issue's, im waiting for delivery prices on tyres should here back tomorrow. Also wheeladaptors.com suck at replying to emails will have to call them tomorrow also. arch rolling is a pita, looks like i am gunna have a go myself as there is no one near me that does it. grrrrrrr!!!!!! im really looking forwward to getting this setup on the car, should improve any traction issues no end!

nope not yet dude. got a couple of issue's, im waiting for delivery prices on tyres should here back tomorrow. Also wheeladaptors.com suck at replying to emails will have to call them tomorrow also. arch rolling is a pita, looks like i am gunna have a go myself as there is no one near me that does it. grrrrrrr!!!!!! im really looking forwward to getting this setup on the car, should improve any traction issues no end!

I have just bought a set of 17" wheels (not stock) which I am looking to get widened so am watching this closely :)

My parcel from boost logic is currently at stanstead airport in customs so not long now. There is a ouple of things i need to clear up,

-Head gasket- Do i use a oem toyota or an uprated one?

-Head studs- Arp uprated ones or re-use the ones already fitted?

-Rod bolts - Arp uprated or not?

-Can you buy fittings to put oil temp/pressure sensors in the oil lines to oil cooler for example?

Hi mate,

Standard head gasket is fine, no need for an uprated one.

ARP head studs and bolts definately, it will all help in keeping it together.

Best off fitting the sensors in a sandwich plate between the block and filter, thats the easiest way.

Ta

I bought a head rebuild kit last month to do my valve stem seals but still have the genuine OEM metal head gasket, unopened in a box.

These are roughly £90 from toyota but if you want the one I've got I'd sell it for £60 poseted? After that spec list, I figure you could use a discount!

Good news dude.

Time to get this finally started. :)

Its all arrived today, will get some pics up after ive done a bit more of my tax return, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I will be digging the manifold out shortly and will be working out what i need for the oil lines fit.

Ive ordered some 315/35/17 goodyear gsc tyres today,a bargain price too.

will get some pics up late on, but im currently having a little play at fitting the turbo to the manifold off the car. reason being the oil drain is a bastard to fit so i really wanted to get this sorted so its one less thing to do and worry about one its all back in the car towards the end of the build.

Where can you buy a -10 an(believe thats the size of bl oil feed and return kits) male to female straight coupler? i cant find one on the web but may just be being useless!!!. i need to gain around half an inch to clear the manifold.

will get some pics up late on, but im currently having a little play at fitting the turbo to the manifold off the car. reason being the oil drain is a bastard to fit so i really wanted to get this sorted so its one less thing to do and worry about one its all back in the car towards the end of the build.

Where can you buy a -10 an(believe thats the size of bl oil feed and return kits) male to female straight coupler? i cant find one on the web but may just be being useless!!!. i need to gain around half an inch to clear the manifold.

Hi mate, have a look on my website here http://whifbitzperformancetuning.co.uk/toyota-supra-turbo-upgrades-turbo-accessories-c-42_47_846_2009.html

Will any of these be ok?

Mmmmmm look at all those parts, :drool:

Going to be a great build bud, looking forward the progress of this one. :D Oil drain looks well nice, :D

But is it not a bit close to the Manifold?

Thats what I was thinking bud. It's only a mock up, but how close can it be? The manifold is going to be hpc inside and out which should help.

Thats what I was thinking bud. It's only a mock up, but how close can it be? The manifold is going to be hpc inside and out which should help.

I would think it needs to be as far away as possible but defo not in contact with the manifold due to conduction transferring much more heat than emmission. As it bolts to the central turbo housing then there is only so much clearance you can get but I have at least a couple of inches on mine from memory.

I would think it needs to be as far away as possible but defo not in contact with the manifold due to conduction transferring much more heat than emmission. As it bolts to the central turbo housing then there is only so much clearance you can get but I have at least a couple of inches on mine from memory.

Couple of inches, alrite for some. It's not touching, it's about 5mm clear. I will play some more with it yet, I will be hpc the manifold as above and using laggin on the return, do you think this will do it?

Edited by Bailey. (see edit history)

Couple of inches, alrite for some. It's not touching, it's about 5mm clear. I will play some more with it yet, I will be hpc the manifold as above and using laggin on the return, do you think this will do it?

Couple of inches might be an exageration but it is definately more than 5mm. My manifold is wrapped so that will definately helps - the silicone coupler that goes onto the turbo outlet is about as close as the oil drain and that hasn't been affected by the heat so I'd say heat wrapping it and routing the oil drain for as much clearance as possible will be adequate. I can't say how much heat insulation coating the manifiold provides as mine is only wrapped but I would have thought wrapping provides more insulation :search:

Wrapping the drain will help if it's still too close for comfort but first route the drain the best you can for the most clearance while still keeping the drain vertical enough for gravity to drain the oil.