The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bailey's single build thread

Bailey.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As above mate, what are you having issue with?

Do you just need to know what all your vacuum/boost (same thing) sources will be used for now? I think the ones I have from memory are PAS idle up, MAP sensor, FPR, boost gauge and external wastegate. Oh and a breather hose connected to the PCV on the inlet cam cover.

I just connected all these up the what was available on the intake plenum with vacuum hosing (with T-pieces where appropriate). anything left I've blocked off.

At the moment, from the same outlet on the inlet mani i have the map sensor, boost in on bc solinoid, t off to defi boost gauge sensor, and one off to another black sensor on the mani. One off the mani heading into the cabin and to the bc itself, and the one off the back of the mani going to vacuum on the fpr.

How pissed am i?????

EDIT

If what Lee has wrote above works, then im ok because thats how mine is, one thing though, i have a t piece on the teflon line coming off the bc, why do i need t there?

Is it so i can cut into an existing pipe?

EDIT #2

And on the instructions it says the in off the boost solinoid needs to go on somewhere before the tb???

Edited by Bailey. (see edit history)

At the moment, from the same outlet on the inlet mani i have the map sensor, boost in on bc solinoid, t off to defi boost gauge sensor, and one off to another black sensor on the mani. One off the mani heading into the cabin and to the bc itself, and the one off the back of the mani going to vacuum on the fpr.

How pissed am i?????

EDIT

If what Lee has wrote above works, then im ok because thats how mine is, one thing though, i have a t piece on the teflon line coming off the bc, why do i need t there?

Is it so i can cut into an existing pipe?

EDIT #2

And on the instructions it says the in off the boost solinoid needs to go on somewhere before the tb???

What boost controller have you got?

Paul I have a blitz dual sbc

Lee, Yeah, I have the in on the solenoid going to the inlet mani and the out to the wastegate, and the one off the comp housing to the wastegate too. Is that right?

I also have a line going from the inlet inside the car which I was planning to connect to the boost controller??

Correct or totally wrong?

on my setup, I have the vac pipes for the wastegate & boost solenoid coming off the turbo using -4 an hoses... just to keep them as short as possible. I have the MAP sensor coming off the inlet maifold, Boost Guage, FPR and bov come off the inlet manifold via a distribution block, again, everything kept as short as possible.

I thought it be best to keep mine short too but my compressor housing has no barb on it for fitting it there so I had no choice but to route it all the way from the inlet manifold. Ryan had steady control over my boost by the looks of my dyno chart so it seems ok like this ;)

As for how you've done it Andy it looks right and as you are not using the ECU to control boost then yes your boost controller will also be needing to read the current manifold pressure so you are right on all counts I'd say!

Is the v pro not capable of controlling boost at all? Just wondered why you didn't go with ECU control? With a separate controller you can have instant manual control over the boost but I find just having a high/low setting is good enough for me :)

So the in on the solenoid and the bc feed into the pipe off the comp housing?

The boost controller should get it's reference from the manifold - it is the pressure there that it is trying to control after all ;)

EDIT: As per Si's post, I suspect that either would work so I'd go with whatever uses the least pipe possible