The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bailey's single build thread

Bailey.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little update, the head has been at the engine guys since monday, and will hopefully be back by the weekend, so we are really waiting for that. I ordered some hsd's yesteray from whifbitz so they should be along shortly, which works out well, as paypal have just said they will refund my money for the faulty hks coilovers i bought from ebay. also ordered arp head studs and rod bolts, a oem manifold gasket and a cam belt tensioner. Also a driftworks oil cooler kit should be with me tomorrow.

As far as work on the car, i have been busy prepping and painting the rockers, spark plug cover, belts covers and inlet manifold. now just the throttle body and a few little bits to do.

Well i have been busy at work all week so have'nt had the time to crack on with all the things i wanted to, but have certainly cracked on with a few bits and bobz.

Firstly i prepped and painted the rockers in matt black, followed by cuttung the front out of the plug cover to show off the whifbitz verniers, and then painting them in a crazy metallic black.

Not quite finished, what a PITA!!

Then thought it would be a shame not to treat the belt covers too, even though they

wont be seen from a far as i am still using the viscous fan etc. Maybe:eyebrows:

I have also painted the aux tensioner and bracket in the same colour, and painted the higher part of the inlet(still have the throttle body and lower inlet to do) and the radiator expansion tank in the same matt black as the rockers. But no pics, sorry

And this afternoon removed my dog hks coilovers and fitted a nice new set of hsd's. The bay will be a job for tomorrow all being well.

The head all done and refreshed:)

Has been treated to reseating of valves, ferrera vsos and lockers, bc single valve springs and titanium retainers, new cam seals and whifbitz 264 cams.

And here is the damage i did removing the rear passanger spat. grrrrrrr

126.jpg

124.jpg

131.jpg

145.jpg

146.jpg

043.jpg

Edited by Bailey. (see edit history)

gutted about the bumper mate! when do you think this will be finished cant wait to see it all completed?

I half expected it tbh mate, engines being built up through the week and should be going in over next weekend, then all the little bits start, modding the d/p. fitting fcon, afk , boost controller and egt bung, working out and making all the i/c pipework, its just little bits but it all takes time, and as im no mechanic, im pretty much a mechanics bitch,

oh and then have to sort my wheels out, and then get it in for paint and off for mapping, not much to do really, lol

• 2 weeks later...

A little update, the bottom end is back assembled with bl oil pump, water pump, arp rod bolts and some fresh clevitte bearings, hopefully getting the head on tonight and then ready to start fitting up the belts and pullies. aiming to get the engine back in next week waahooo:d

One question, what do most of you do with these 2 pipe that went to the stock oil cooler, any pics?

040.jpg

041.jpg

044.jpg

045.jpg

010.jpg

Edited by Bailey. (see edit history)

looks like your going to be catching me up very quickly mate. nice work mate its going to be a good build.

I hope so mate, i really admire the amount of time you have spent on all the chroming and golding etc, looks crazy. have you got a stock oil cooler or aftermarket one?

i have a stock oil cooler mate. cheers slowly losing patience with it all if im honest ha ha, might be because i aint got much to show for my efforts today though.

you should be able to just blank them pipes off?

Its part of the coolant system so i think it needs flow, as on the other side a pipe comes off and heads up to the heater matrix iirc.

yeah the metal pipe which runs around the back you use the pipe to the heater matrix but where mine was single before, they blanked off the smaller pipe next to it but i think im going to route mine back in to where the little pipe comes out the head so the water will flow still through the head. i think im thinking the same pipe as you?

yeah the metal pipe which runs around the back you use the pipe to the heater matrix but where mine was single before, they blanked off the smaller pipe next to it but i think im going to route mine back in to where the little pipe comes out the head so the water will flow still through the head. i think im thinking the same pipe as you?

I think its a different pipe mate,grrrrrrrrrrr

If you could find a suitably sized 90 degree block take off elbow it would be nice, but it's OK as is, IMHO. A removal of the stock casting altogether and mounting the filter and sandwich plate straight to the block is a nice sanitary install. Need a custom male / male hollow adaptor.

If you think it is good enough, then thats good enough for me. cheers

I should be able to get an adaptor made so you can remove the stock cooler if you need one mate? That's what we run on all our race engines, oil filter goes straight on to the block, nice and neat.

Let me know what you come up with mate, the cooler is already removed but it would be nice to tidy it up and get rid of that big hunckachunk of metal out the way!

Did my bits get picked up today mate?