The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Geo's T67 Single Build Thread

Geo

Little update guys,

I pick the car up tomorrow at 6.30, it wont be finished 100% but i need the car partial ready for going down to see Paul on Thur for AEM, Injectors, fuel dampner, and base map, and an MOT. Once done i'll pick the car up and head over to see Ryan on the Friday for mapping fingers crossed it all goes well and there is no issue's??

Not long Now!! :D

Good news mate light at the end of the tunnel eh :D

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So this is a little update of whats been happening over the last 2 days.

I left Scotland at 2am Thur morning, to get down to Whifbitz to see Paul and Darren as they had a few things to do to the car before getting the car mapped. The drive took 7.5hrs (OFF BOOST) now i'll tell you this, it was not pretty. It was So LONG and so BORING doing this i dont recommend it at all.

So i arrive at Whifbitz and tell Paul whats needing done to the car before Ryan gets hold of it. .

Clutch

Fuel Dampner

Polished Turbo Intake Pipe

Injectors

AEM + Base Map

MOT

Paul had a quick look over the Install incase he spotted anything that needed corrected, he spotted that the Turbo Elbow join was too close to the Manifold and the Oil drain pipe was very close the the Turbo Flange, that would need sorting out or it wouldn't last very long on a spirited drive

So Darren started on the car, and took it for its MOT, 20mins later paul gets a call from Darren saying it had a oil leak(i thought oh F U K) this cant be happening, it must have happend through the night with the 7hr drive i had.

Darren came back with the car, good news it had passed the MOT, one less thing to think about. He starts on the oil leak first to see where its coming from, it was BAD. Darren finds the oil leak, pretty quick i might add(the weeman Know his Supra's very well :D ) turns out it was a gubbed cam cover, cracked. Darren took it off and slightly touched it and the corner fell to bits, Paul had a second hand one, so after a quick clean it was installed and problem solved.

Darren then started to install all the stuff i had dropped off with the car, at this point it was time to go home as my mate colin picked me up. I left darren to work on the car and would phone him today to find out what was going on..

We arrive today about 1pm, darren was still working on the car, engine was all completed with all the parts installed and working 100%. Next up was the clutch, which didnt take too long. i then get a call from Ryan saying the guys at SSR were pretty busy and i had no time left to map the car, so Ryan got me in for Sat at 12pm.

Next up was the installation of the AEM, and a base map for the new injectors, Paul did this and got the car ready for me to drive home, which i must say was crazy. The car was started and the base map loaded, while paul was doing this darren was checking the car over for more leaks, none was found. Then darren noticed a little puddle of coolant on the floor, turns out i had a small clip on a coolant pipe that was fubard, this was replaced and the car was good to go.

In doing all this work darren found these parts that needed to be replaced.

Whifbitz Solid Gearshift Bushes

Toyota Gear Selector Seal

Injector Seals

Vacuum Hoses

Cam cover(LHS)

Cam cover seal

Cleaning fluid

HKS rubber bung

1/8 NPT straight fitting

Clutch cover washer

I drove the car home, which was crazy as it feels like a new car, the clutch is so dam heavy feels like im doing a calve workout its that heavy to push down, i'll get used to it though. :D

So that has been my last few days, over to see Ryan tomorrow for mapping to see what i can get out this baby now. :D

Iv got pics loading up on photobucket, once there up i'll get them up, there is loads so please give me time to get them all up.

Save on pumping all that iron:D rps streetmax mate, almost as light as stock and you know what power it will hold;)

yeah i did hear good reviews about them dude, but i though fek it i'll be different, im sure once the clutch is bedded in nice, and iv nailed it a few times it will soften up a bit, :D

He he, what power?? All will be reveiled after sunday eh, if its cold then you might be grinning even more?? :D

thats odd, ive felt Rob Wilds Southbend clutch and its much lighter than my RPS. Not sure on the Southbend models though.

defo aint light, stalled the car a good few times on the way home, doh. :( it will soften up once its been run in. :D

cheers guys.

Right im off to see Ryan Now, so lets see what she puts out??

Will update tonight once im home and after my 7hr drive home on boost, :eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

Have a safe trip home mate, don't go too crazy! Especially in this weather!

Great pics. That turbo looks awesome! :D