Geo

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well im back home now, all i can say is Bloody Nora. :D

Well i arrived this morning at SSR, about 11.30 meeting Ryan in his green machine, with a boot full of stuff ready for mapping. He started to hook up the boost solenoid under the Polished intake pipe, there was no room for him to work, so off came the pipe for some needed space. Once off, he had a quick look at the Turbo(More on this on another thread im going to open up) anyway, he hooked the boost solenoid and got to work mapping the car(got some vids will upload tomorrow).

Ryan did his mapping for about an Hour, while i watched, willing more, and more power out the car, I must say the Weeman knows how to map the Supra's very well. All i could see was, power figures getting higher and higher. 326, 380, 396, 415, 476, 500, the car made a cool 530bhp, 490ftlbs.

Ryan then proceeded to take me out on the road to check a few things and tweak it a bit more, so he's like put it in 3rd and nail it red line. So here we go i nail the beast and Ryan was like whats going on here???? low boost???? low power??? Yup im only half throttle and crapping it, ha ha!!!! So we go again, NEW PANTS PLEASE(this was on low boost) The car is a flying machine, well for me anyway. So now onto high booost, holy hell, car struggled to get traction but once it had we were off back in time, im loving the power range, perfect for as street car i think. :D

We come back to SSR and Ryan hooks up some switches for me to Toogle between boost settings in the cabin, Ryan's work was done and a job well done too... cheers buddy. :D

So i now have a fully mapped T67 giving me a nice 530bhp. A worthy 2 day trip going from, Scotland > Whifbitz > Woking > SSR > Scotland. On the way back i used less fuel after ryan had mapped it, and this wasnt sticking to the speed limit. Woohoo!!!

Will get pics and vids up soon guys im off to bed now. GUBBED!!!

Edited by Geo (see edit history)

Glad your back safe and sound. 530 must be mental, not wanting to push the tubby though? T67's are good for mid 600's are they not?

yeah they are mate im only running one Walbro just now, so it was prob maxing out with fueling etc. This is on my to do list for the forseable future, bigger fuel pump or twin walbro's.

Yes 530 is pretty insane mate, power delivery is crazy. even on half throttle ha. :D

Not yet, Lee is bringing the extra spring with him tomorrow.

cool mate, was speaking to Ryan and he said you might be surprised about your run tomorrow. :D

Nice result mate :)

What boost was that at?

Was at 1.6bar dude, pretty happy with that as it will be a street car, i dont intend tracking it.

Nice one geo enjoy it mate and take it easy!

Well done mate glad it all worked out and paid off in the end for you 530 is a great figure pal well done!

cheers guys, take me a wee while to get used to the power, although im gona have fun learning, :D

Impressive result. Take it easy in the beginning on the wet roads ;)

O iv learned my lesson before he he. Yeah very easy on the wet roads dude, car will be garaged soon anyway. :D

you sound delighted thats great best of luck

yeah i am dude, this set up will do me nicely.In the future i may consider a little more power, but for now, im happy. :D

Glad your a happy man mate, I like it when a plan comes together. Still got those cams btw :innocent: Sorry cant help myself :taped:

yeah cheers mate very happy, although it wouldn't of worked out if you hadnt spotted the small things that needed done, and darren for doing a quick job in getting the car running well.

Iv you've still got them after xmas, then i might take em off your hands depends what the mrs says, ha ha. :D

:thumbs:

Top work dude, car feels so much more alive now. Can also tell you that driving home, i used less fuel than coming down(Off Boost). And driving home i wasnt exactly going slow. :D :eyebrows:

Thanks again Bud. Will prob be back down once bored with the Setup haha. :D

Top work dude, car feels so much more alive now. Can also tell you that driving home, i used less fuel than coming down(Off Boost). And driving home i wasnt exactly going slow. :D :eyebrows:

Thanks again Bud. Will prob be back down once bored with the Setup haha. :D

Thats what i like to hear!