Geo

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So small update to day,

All pipe work(mani/mid pipe/down pipe/ was fitted, and i must say its a very good fit, looks amazing too. :D One thing that will need Fabricated will be the Pipe running from the IC to the Turbo, easy though.

Ian wired up the DLI and installed the Coil Pack housing Clips. No pics im afraid. Will get Ian to Fire some over with the new stuff installed.

So Ian sent these over this morning. She's coming together slowly. Ian also said that there is 2 bars missing from the car see pics. 1 and 2. Says these help handling, looks like they've been taken off by You Know Who......

Did you manage to get the FMIC fitted? just you were having problems werent you?

still having some fitting issue's with the AC pipes dude, think were getting around it by lower the fmic pipe for some clearance. :D

Well Ian sent over an email today but was bust at work so thats me just seeing the pics.

So far Ian has done, fitting the FMIC, the problems with tha AC pipes has been sorted, but Ian seems to think it might rub slightly, he had to lift it and tilt the pipe backwards on the nearside, its also very close to the oil cooler pipe, this might need some more work to rectify any rubbing that may occur.

Also fitted was the Expansion tank, and new arepmotice fittings for the oil cooler which were fubared.

Also the Manifold and turbo housing are on, wastegate is on with screamer pipe. Just uploading some pics now, but as my toaster blew up my router last night im stealing someone elses bandwidth, so takiing ages to upload.

Nipping over to see the car on Sat so will get some more pics. :D

Edited by Geo (see edit history)

Little update,

Was over seeing car today and were shooting for the Mechanics to be finished end of this Month.

Ordered up my Oil catch Can from Paul today, along with the Idle Valve K&N Filter, as i'll be binning the HUGE braided hose coming from it just now. Will make the Engine bay look less cluttered.

Car will be started up soon, to get oil pressure, and oil and fluids running. Will take some video and post up here of it soon.

Im getting there. Once the car is finished its off for Paint. More time away, but once done she should be sweet. :D :D

Little update,

Was over seeing car today and were shooting for the Mechanics to be finished end of this Month.

Ordered up my Oil catch Can from Paul today, along with the Idle Valve K&N Filter, as i'll be binning the HUGE braided hose coming from it just now. Will make the Engine bay look less cluttered.

Car will be started up soon, to get oil pressure, and oil and fluids running. Will take some video and post up here of it soon.

Im getting there. Once the car is finished its off for Paint. More time away, but once done she should be sweet. :D :D

Nice, sounds like its nearly there. Same colour?

Little question guys,

on this pic http://garagewhifbitz.co.uk/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/Garage_Whifbitz_49c00ce165d25.jpg

The Breather goes into the engine. How does the little valve turn around. As it stands its facing towards the front of the car, as i'll be attaching a pipe to it, i want to turn it 180 degrees towards the back of the engine??

Cheers

Little question guys,

on this pic http://garagewhifbitz.co.uk/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/Garage_Whifbitz_49c00ce165d25.jpg

The Breather goes into the engine. How does the little valve turn around. As it stands its facing towards the front of the car, as i'll be attaching a pipe to it, i want to turn it 180 degrees towards the back of the engine??

Cheers

Pair of grips and turn it around, easy as that. Or pull it out with grips and put back in the correct position.

Ta

• 3 weeks later...

Little update on the car.

Dropped some more parts off today elbow/straight and the joiner for the tubbi. The straight one was ment to be blue but got black so quick phone call to SFS Performance and Lee is sending out another one in the post for tomorrow.

The car has been started up to check for leaks etc, and all is good. 2 months sitting doing nothing and she starts 1st time, brilliant. Dash has been put back together, and Ian is now installing the gauges.

Took some pics today with some new parts installed