Geo's T67 Single Build Thread

Geo

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Em well, its got 2 hole underneath to bolt on to fixing brackets, i took them off for the show and to get detailed, so my plate is currently in the back seat. when i go out driving i whack it on the dash. :D

Plan is to have it mounted in the bumper, with a high powered magnet so it stays on and pulls off when i want it to :D

Awesome car Geo :cool:

I've the ridox kit too, I mounted my plate into the recess on two L shaped brackets and it sits far enough back to be discreet but there's still space to allow some (accepted that it's a little restricted) airflow to the rad. I'd be interested to see how the magnet thing goes.

Awesome car Geo :cool:

I've the ridox kit too, I mounted my plate into the recess on two L shaped brackets and it sits far enough back to be discreet but there's still space to allow some (accepted that it's a little restricted) airflow to the rad. I'd be interested to see how the magnet thing goes.

got a pic of it mounted dude??

yeah hope it goes well also, only thing is, iv got to cut into the Bumper. EEEEEEK!

Love it mate. Looks awesome

Cheers Jay. :D

Lovely looking car you've built mate well done.

Must say though that having got to know you, I'm very very surprised it's black and not some sort of pastel colour! :)

cheers Nizam. :D

Was thinking about Gay Lord pink, if i need help with a colour you'l be the first one i ask. :D

93'

160,000km 100,000miles or so still a baby. :D

Ahh well y'see it'll need stem seals doing, there may be syncros needing changed on the box and the whole suspension will need a refresh :p but I tell you what, since I love the colour, kit and spec, I'll give you £5k for it :eyebrows:

:D

Ahh well y'see it'll need stem seals doing, there may be syncros needing changed on the box and the whole suspension will need a refresh :p but I tell you what, since I love the colour, kit and spec, I'll give you £5k for it :eyebrows:

:D

:p :p

Na i'll be keeping this baby for a good while yet mate, plan is to whip out the Engine over winter and do some stuff. :D

When you getting another one anyway??

yeah hope it goes well also, only thing is, iv got to cut into the Bumper. EEEEEEK!

Not specifically of how it's mounted Geo, but I can take some if you like. I didn't have to drill into the bumper either, it's mounted to part of the frame, I bought 2 L shaped brackets out of b&q and bolted them on, then stuck the plate onto them. It's been like it for a couple of years at least and I've never had a problem with it either with the police or with it falling off etc. It looks like this -

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=16990&d=1270175500

cool mate brothers in Arms Ridox Kit. :thumbs:

Im sure though it would be restricting airflow round my Intercooler. You could turn your brackets up instead of down so that its flush with the smoothe part above it. :D Thats where mine will be going.

cool mate brothers in Arms Ridox Kit. :thumbs:

Im sure though it would be restricting airflow round my Intercooler. You could turn your brackets up instead of down so that its flush with the smoothe part above it. :D Thats where mine will be going.

Even without a FMIC, I wouldn't put the license plate like this, as it would also hinder proper cooling of the rad.

Even without a FMIC, I wouldn't put the license plate like this, as it would also hinder proper cooling of the rad.

if you look at the stock plate it will be in a similar position, so it wont hinder the Rad dude.

i just dont like it hanging down as the above picture shows

if you look at the stock plate it will be in a similar position, so it wont hinder the Rad dude.

i just dont like it hanging down as the above picture shows

Yep .. I agree.

Are those small license plates (bike dimensions) allowed on cars in the UK??

If you need a hand mate give me a shout. Buy a smaller digit private plate, that should let more air in if you mount in the radiator intake.

Yep .. I agree.

Are those small license plates (bike dimensions) allowed on cars in the UK??

Mine is JDM mate, so i can get away with a smller plate. :D

Geo , why dont you just get a no plate tilter. I just bought 1 can't decide whether i'm going to use it or not.

id rather have it mounted dude, so i can pull it off for shows etc

If you need a hand mate give me a shout. Buy a smaller digit private plate, that should let more air in if you mount in the radiator intake.

yeah im looking for private plates just now bud, i loved the size of your stock one mounted, just think of that but mounted flush to where it sits now, thats how i want it done.

I have a couple of ideas that might help would need to get together and discuss to explain properly.

cool mate, speak to about it soon then, might not be able to drive down south with the Number plate in the dash, ha

If you sit in mid pack of the convoy you would :). Are you fitting the plate without a plate holder like mine?

dunno mate, was looking at options, but yours i like if we can somehow incorporate this into the flat part of my bumper then job done. :D