• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

little update so to speak

since Suprapod/japfest iv noticed im still getting rubbing on the rear arches when the car has some weight in the rear, iv had these shaved a tad but still getting rubbing. so looks like its back to get them rolled.

Iv also now got a Knocking on the front brakes(thread in Technical) but when brakes are engaged the knock goes away, soon as brakes are released knock comes back. So whipping off wheel soon to see if im missing the Anit Knock kit?? which i think i am

Other than that, car is running sweet, and im enjoying giving her beans just now before i put her in for some stuff to be done. :D

On another note, iv worked out she now done 105,000 miles :D

I have the same problem on my arches .. the tires are slightly rubbing on the arches on hard bumps on the motorway. I plan on cutting a little part of the inner arch off (the part that goes hoizontally toward the coilovers for approx 2cm) .. 3-5mm should be fine.

Do you have any pics of you arches before / after they've been shaved?

Luc

I have the same problem on my arches .. the tires are slightly rubbing on the arches on hard bumps on the motorway. I plan on cutting a little part of the inner arch off (the part that goes hoizontally toward the coilovers for approx 2cm) .. 3-5mm should be fine.

Do you have any pics of you arches before / after they've been shaved?

Luc

are you getting a black substance/rubber on the arch dude?? very black and sticky?

i dont have any pics of them before and after, but i will when i get them rolled.

when you getting yours done?? be interested in how you go about it bud.

are you getting a black substance/rubber on the arch dude?? very black and sticky?

i dont have any pics of them before and after, but i will when i get them rolled.

when you getting yours done?? be interested in how you go about it bud.

Yeah .. slight black rubber on the very top of the (rear) arches on about 10cm large spot. Plus I hear when they touch .. as said, it' only on the highway when passing brigdes where you have sometimes big bumps. When cornering fast, they don't touch.

I put the coilovers 1 cm higher now, but I don't like it as it looks like an SUV now :D

I will probably do the cutting within the next 2-3 weeks .. depends availability in my local bodyshop. I had a look at them this evening .. I would like to have 5mm cut off, but the garage needs to check the welding point first to see how far they can go. I will do pics before and after.

I try to avoid rolling out .. only a last option.

Yeah .. slight black rubber on the very top of the (rear) arches on about 10cm large spot. Plus I hear when they touch .. as said, it' only on the highway when passing brigdes where you have sometimes big bumps. When cornering fast, they don't touch.

I put the coilovers 1 cm higher now, but I don't like it as it looks like an SUV now :D

I will probably do the cutting within the next 2-3 weeks .. depends availability in my local bodyshop. I had a look at them this evening .. I would like to have 5mm cut off, but the garage needs to check the welding point first to see how far they can go. I will do pics before and after.

yeah i think that the problem iv got dude is the welding points, although rolling them also might crack my paint. :(

cool i'll keep an eye on you posting up then :D

although rolling them also might crack my paint. :(

That's exactly the reason I avoid this. I had a slight rear panel damage when someone hit my Supe on the parking 6 or 7 years back.

My local garage told me that the paste that is used for repair (sorry .. don't know the correct word in english :rolleyes:) could make crack the paint on the arch when its rolled out .. and then, you need to redo and repaint the whole panel.

I think it would have been cataloy that was used in the repair, depending on the extent of the damage.

Rolling of the arches is generally ok to be honest. As long as it's just a bit and the person knows what they are doing you should be ok. Cracking isn't as common as you think, they just need to make everyone aware of the possibility.

I think it would have been cataloy that was used in the repair, depending on the extent of the damage.

Rolling of the arches is generally ok to be honest. As long as it's just a bit and the person knows what they are doing you should be ok. Cracking isn't as common as you think, they just need to make everyone aware of the possibility.

yeah i think the arches will need rolled TBH, if the worst happens i just get the rear quarters sprayed

Thanks for the info. ;)

I guess that the slight cutting will solve the problem for me. In case it won't, I will have to go for rolling out nevertheless.

Thanks for the info. ;)

I guess that the slight cutting will solve the problem for me. In case it won't, I will have to go for rolling out nevertheless.

With the repair you have had it will most likely crack so definitely be ready for it. Paint has a bit of give in it, cataloy has very very little. It's a pretty brittle stuff at the best of times,.

My pads did that with the rears George shim kit and anti rattle kit did the job. Your shims look fairly new there mate.

shims are new dude, as the old ones were gubbed. Defo missing the Anti Rattle Clips, might buy them for the rears also too, just to be on the safe side.

Doing my head in when driving, can only drive the radio up so loud lol

little update so to speak

since Suprapod/japfest iv noticed im still getting rubbing on the rear arches when the car has some weight in the rear, iv had these shaved a tad but still getting rubbing. so looks like its back to get them rolled.

Cutting (and ensuring the spot welds remain or having reinforced welding performed) is always an option, but definitely see how you go with getting them rolled. Here is an interesting thread on the US supraforums regarding fenders: http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=417926

p.s. the car is looking simply amazing, definitely one of the sexiest Supras out there ;)

Cutting (and ensuring the spot welds remain or having reinforced welding performed) is always an option, but definitely see how you go with getting them rolled. Here is an interesting thread on the US supraforums regarding fenders: http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=417926

p.s. the car is looking simply amazing, definitely one of the sexiest Supras out there ;)

cheers bud. :D

I'll go have a look now, :thumbs: