The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Club Discount Insurance Scheme

mawby

Are you insured with Sky, the club insurer?  

275 members have voted

1. 1. Are you insured with Sky, the club insurer?

• Yes because they were the cheapest
    • Yes for the agreed value option
    • Yes simply because they knew what they were talking about
    • Yes for another reason

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PM me I am UIG. Or better known as Jae from Sky Insurance. There is no way I am double the price of admiral and aplan we must have some of your detasils in incorrectly.

For me, you were double A-Plan (and a good 200-300 more than Adrian Flux) when I renewed last year. In fact, the only reason I renewed was because Sky are understanding when it comes to mods and I have the 'fear' when it comes to not having an agreed valuation.

This year, if you aren't a lot lower than this years premium, I'm seriously going to have to reconsider.

I just got a quote from sky, unfortunately it was not competitive enough.... although i cant fault their politeness and helpfulness
Have you gone back to Sky with your lowest quote and asked them to match it? If not then please do - at least that way, if nothing else, they will know the quote given to you was too high and can pester the underwriters to do something about it.

I changed cars this weekend and Sky came in at nearly double what I was quoted by admiral :blink:

I've a lot of time for the folk at Sky and voiced my concerns and they went off and checked with the underwriters, sure enough they came back and shaved a chunk off it.

They are still about £30 more than admiral now but I've just renewed with them as I would rather insure with people that not only know who I am (and put up with my constant car changing :D ) but have pulled through for several folk on this forum when things have gone wrong with their cars.

Well I just phoned Sky to cancel my renewal and then got put through to Scott. He has since matched A Plan's quote of £676 with a £500 excess. Now I just have to decide who to go with, but at the minute I am begrudgingly thinking Sky because of the agreed value.

I am still unhappy about the finance policy they used last year though for my monthly payments. And the fact that when I switched from an NA to a TT my premium went up by £350. Even though 3 months earlier when I got quotes for both, the TT was only £20 more.

Mark

Any one else Fully Comp with Sky? I've had protected no claims all my days but my renewal just came through and just noticed it states Comp only, checked back last year and it's the same but I have always asked for protected!

Anyone else the same?

It may just be a Sky quirk, I know they wont list anymore than 7yrs NCD on the policy even though I must have about 9 or 10 by now but they did state that if I ever left they would provide a doc stating my full ncd.

I phoned Sky today to see if they could match my quote by Adrian Flux and they beat it, even if it was only by £4. Managed to drop my renewal quote by over £200. Am going to stick with them as the guy was pretty helpful.

I am Fully Comp with 7/8 years NCB but can't afford to protect it.

Any one else Fully Comp with Sky? I've had protected no claims all my days but my renewal just came through and just noticed it states Comp only, checked back last year and it's the same but I have always asked for protected!

Anyone else the same?

It may just be a Sky quirk, I know they wont list anymore than 7yrs NCD on the policy even though I must have about 9 or 10 by now but they did state that if I ever left they would provide a doc stating my full ncd.

Had to pay £45 for protected no claims

Anyone else the same?

The cover is shown in the middle and just to the right it states if the no claims bonus is protected or not. Your policy is protected Mark, and was last year as well.

Jae

Just been on the phone to Jason at Sky.I have to say this is the first person in all my years of insuring cars Ive been able to speak about existing policies and receive honest up front advice, without a sales pitch. Thanks very much.

Top bloke!!

Guest Rays the roof

Jason + Sky Insurance = Brilliant

Friendly, helpful, phoned back when they said, got cover note out by post on time & I saved £750compared to last year.

Enough said. Thanks to Mawby for arranging this :D

Well i filled out Sky's online quote/callback form on Wednesday night, i was expecting a call back Thursday or at least today, but have not heard a thing :(. I also sent a PM to UIG to say i had filled out the form, it was read at 9.30 yesterday morning, but still no callback.

Have had calls from the other 3 companies i tried but not Sky

:thumbdown: