The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Club Discount Insurance Scheme

mawby

Are you insured with Sky, the club insurer?  

275 members have voted

1. 1. Are you insured with Sky, the club insurer?

• Yes because they were the cheapest
    • Yes for the agreed value option
    • Yes simply because they knew what they were talking about
    • Yes for another reason

I pay £250.00 with Norwich union Direct, fully comp. with no claims protection guaranteed for life. Has no-one tried them?

pretty sure they have Bob.

is your car a UK or import? Standard or modified?

ps

where in the highlands you from?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pay £250.00 with Norwich union Direct, fully comp. with no claims protection guaranteed for life. Has no-one tried them?

I've just run through a quote with Norwich Union, £641 whereas my renewal is £381 :( Quote me Happy, what a joke!

Called Sky this morning and got a quote from them for my Supe, usualy questions blah blah blah, asked me what quotes I'd had and told him (sorry can't remember name).

He came back with a quote of £341, which I snapped his hand off immediately for :D

36 years old, 1994 NA Import, declared wheels and exhaust, £5k value, 9 years (now 10) NCB, can't remember the excess quoted though. Car parked on driveway every night and car used for SDP&C with under 7k miles per year.

Very happy and only took 10 mins to sort out :cool:

• 1 month later...
I got quoted £460 fully comp with protected no claims on my twin turbo uk spec, and am only 23 with 5years no claims, how goods that?! that is with the online quote thing on admiral.com. as insurance is up for renewal in next few days will try sky insurance but think the chances the admiral quote will be beaten are slim. Hope they can beat it though :D

How did u manage that? I am 47, never claimed or had points, and got quoted £711 for a bog standard 96 SZ.Car will be kept off road with limited 5000 mile clause and used as a toy as I use Astra for work.

However, that was with a "mirrored" NCB coz thats on the Astra. I also have Porsche 944 S2 Turbo whih is insured under a Classic Policy for £412! Can anyone explain, or is it the Liverpool postcode syndrome? Then what about the 944?

• 3 weeks later...

Having just sold my car, I called them for a end settlement as I paid monthly so I knew I had something to pay, called twice and have been given 2 different end figures over £300 apart, when challenged all I got was "I dunno where she got her figures from"

Next car will be stock so no like for like and no need for agreed value (as such)

Next car will not be insured through Sky as there are companies so much cheaper than them. Unless they do come back with cheapest quote.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest WrathChild

I tried with SKY yesterday for a J-Spec 1994 Manual 6 speed TT pretty much stock (HKS iduction kit, after market allloys, bomex body kit) im 24 with Sp 30 anf 5 years NCD. The guy i spoke to seemed positive that he could do me a good deal and he would ring me back today. He did and it turns out he cant get insurance for me anywhere so it seems that Adrian Flux are the winners @ £981.

Jay.

Sky ! Pick a figure from the sky I think ! I have for the last 3 years insured my Supras with them the first year on my N/A got a good price the second year was ok and then I upgraded to a TT, I had only just paid my premium 2 weeks prior to selling my N/A and my new car wasn't due into the country untill end of Feb this year.

6 months on from renewing policy so I phoned to ask if I could freeze the policy untill my new car arrived ? NO ! So I asked if I could stop my policy and have a refund and then re insure when my new car arrived ? Yes you can but I would have lost 65% of the premium paid if I cancelled all for the sake of them insuring my car for 2 weeks ! Thanks alot ! So I was stuck with having a policy and no car for 6 months.....When my car arrived paid additional fee as I now had TT.

Renewal came in the post 2 weeks ago £491 another increase on last year ! Have I had any accidents ? NO, Have I made any claims ? NO ,do I live in a high risk area ? NO , Am I a young irresponsibe driver ? NO (Well young at heart and sometimes irresponsible) !

Anyway NO THANKS SKY not this year ELEPHANT.CO.UK brilliant price all Modifications covered! happy ? Yes.....

Basically it pays to shop around but just bear in mind all insurance companies are Dick Turpin in disguise It's highway Robbery made legal !

• 3 weeks later...
I got quoted £460 fully comp with protected no claims on my twin turbo uk spec, and am only 23 with 5years no claims, how goods that?! that is with the online quote thing on admiral.com. as insurance is up for renewal in next few days will try sky insurance but think the chances the admiral quote will be beaten are slim. Hope they can beat it though :D

I have just got a supra and I got a quote from Admiral and Sky insurance and Admiral was 500 pounds cheaper! And I told sky that i was a member of the club as well. They said as I have only just got the car they would not be able to even get close to Admirals quote. Which is £700 and im 25 years old with 1 years no claim, and thats fully comp declaing n/s alloys, body kit and exhaust system on a 1994 twin turbo auto (import).

In fact admiral was about £500 cheaper than everyone else i tried for quotes. It was the same on my previous car which was an MR2 turbo.

I have just got a supra and I got a quote from Admiral and Sky insurance and Admiral was 500 pounds cheaper! And I told sky that i was a member of the club as well. They said as I have only just got the car they would not be able to even get close to Admirals quote. Which is £700 and im 25 years old with 1 years no claim, and thats fully comp declaing n/s alloys, body kit and exhaust system on a 1994 twin turbo auto (import).

In fact admiral was about £500 cheaper than everyone else i tried for quotes. It was the same on my previous car which was an MR2 turbo.

That sounds suspiciously cheap - especially with only 1 years NCD. Are you sure they have quoted for a MKIV and not a MKIII?

Hey buddy,

I'm an insurance fella, and yes it is Liverpool postcode syndrome. The centre of Liverpool is just about the hardest place to insure in the UK and most insurers are not keen on the outskirts.

Sorry

Matt

How did u manage that? I am 47, never claimed or had points, and got quoted £711 for a bog standard 96 SZ.Car will be kept off road with limited 5000 mile clause and used as a toy as I use Astra for work.

However, that was with a "mirrored" NCB coz thats on the Astra. I also have Porsche 944 S2 Turbo whih is insured under a Classic Policy for £412! Can anyone explain, or is it the Liverpool postcode syndrome? Then what about the 944?

That sounds suspiciously cheap - especially with only 1 years NCD. Are you sure they have quoted for a MKIV and not a MKIII?

I may be wrong but i thought that they only made the mk3 between 1986-1992 and mine is a 1994 so in that respect, they wouldnt be able to quote on a mk3 as mine is too new. Ill check though, just waiting on all the documents to come through though. cheers

I may be wrong but i thought that they only made the mk3 between 1986-1992 and mine is a 1994 so in that respect, they wouldnt be able to quote on a mk3 as mine is too new. Ill check though, just waiting on all the documents to come through though. cheers

Logically, you are right. But insurance companies seem to be far from logical. I've seen posts from people in the past where they have been quoted for the wrong model, even though the years don't overlap.

Logically, you are right. But insurance companies seem to be far from logical. I've seen posts from people in the past where they have been quoted for the wrong model, even though the years don't overlap.

I've seen this happen a lot where the insurance is done over the phone. If the MkIV import that you are trying to describe to them does not appear on the list that they see on their screens, after a bit of trying to explain to them what the difference is, they just give up and stick it in as the MkIII, which they do have the option for.

They don't really care whether it's right or not, because it's still YOUR responsibility to check it when the documents come through. Even if you've explained everything to the person on the phone, if they put the details in wrong and you fail to check it, it's still YOUR fault, and your insurance will be void.

So don't accept the word of the call centre operator (especially a problem in India, btw, where the "yes-man" culture is commonplace) - they might just be fobbing you off with a MkIII insurance just to get the deal done!

but just to add to my above comment, Admiral do not do agreed a valuation and they will not replace like for like if involved in an accident. They will just put the standard kit on. :(

But for £700 fully comp its a BARGAIN

It is a bargain. They just quoted me "over" £700 for an NA. I'm 38 with over 5 years NCD.

just out of curiosity, try getting a quote online with admiral for a twin turbo import. As they quoted me cheaper for a twin turbo than they did an N/A, think it was about £950 for an N/A on a 10month accelerator. Not the only insurance company to do that to me as well. Strange, as the TT is so much for powerful!

so nobody's got cheap deal on insurance then? i paid £600 for my 96 n/a with 9yrs no claims, through a broker but im not happy as they haven't protected my no claims or given me the service i expect

so im searching around for a new insurance company any ideas?

Have you tried sky mate i pay 750 fully comp all mods declared full ncb 3points ,guaranteed value of 10k mines a TT and im 26

im 28 can you give me there number man? as my current lot are a bunch of monkeys & muppets

thats a lot of money tbf & i don't really wanna go that high, as i only have a unmodded n/a

Here is there no 08701121759 I know its a fair whack but yours might be cheaper as non turbo and i paid for the guaranteed minimum value which was £75 extra any way good luck keep us informed of progress the cost of insurance and petrol is something we all need help in fighting.

im 28 can you give me there number man? as my current lot are a bunch of monkeys & muppets

thats a lot of money tbf & i don't really wanna go that high, as i only have a unmodded n/a

Tel: 08701 121759, or drop me a PM with your name and phone number (and when to call you) and I'll get one of the team to phone you?

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance