The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Club Discount Insurance Scheme

mawby

Are you insured with Sky, the club insurer?  

275 members have voted

1. 1. Are you insured with Sky, the club insurer?

• Yes because they were the cheapest
    • Yes for the agreed value option
    • Yes simply because they knew what they were talking about
    • Yes for another reason

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

very happy, got insurance quote over the phone for 576UK from Sky, with 250 NCB and 10,000 agreed value. i was thinking around 800 or so. didnt bother ringing anyone else, did the deed there and then as they seem the best from all the posts in this thread. Michelle was first rate to deal with, and answered all the points i threw at her.

so one more supra owner in total happiness. thanks for arranging the club scheme with them. was so smooth to arrange. even going to them for my other car which is having the auto transmission ripped out and moved to another car

hi Klump

most seem to chat directly to Jae or Scott in the club scheme department (tell them you are from the MkIV Supra Owners Club) as they are well on the ball about all things Supra.

they were busy when i rang, and i talked to Michelle, and she was really helpful and sorted my insurance so easily, as you can see from my other post.

its so easy getting covered for any mods done, and the agreed value option for extra 35UK is peace of mind.

hope that helps :D

Guest mugenzi

Got a silly quote (and took it up!) of £553 with Norwich Union for a J Spec NA (stock). Two young drivers, both with speeding convictions but no claims. Had to have a Thatcham Cat 1 alarm/immob on it, and the excess is ridiculous at £820, but it's a cracking price!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally time to renew my insurance (I just missed the start of the club scheme last time) and I'm switching to Sky. My quote was £650 rather than £665 from A Plan, and that's for agreed value and like-for-like on mods which A Plan don't do.

That's for 15k agreed value, Jspec RZ with exhaust, decat, FMIC, front bumper, Lexus wheels, Emanage, Boost controller, fuel pressure reg etc etc.

Time to Renew the insurance.. as SimonB above just said I also just missed the club scheme last year, and I am now also switching to sky..

very good quote, and good service..

If you are not with them I would at least give them a shout for a quote..

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 31 years old, limited the mileage to 3000 miles a year and all mods declared. Requires a Tracker which is a bit of a bummer and effectively adds £109 to your annual policy, but........

£681.

TBH, I had a quote from AON, who currently insure my MR2, of £630 so I might have to give Jae a bit of a poke in the ribs ;) But otherwise I think it's a good quote, especially considering the car ! I had declared the mods to AON aswell, but I'm not convinced on the like for like side of things.

Could well be more business for Sky.

• 2 weeks later...