The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Club Discount Insurance Scheme

mawby

Are you insured with Sky, the club insurer?  

275 members have voted

1. 1. Are you insured with Sky, the club insurer?

• Yes because they were the cheapest
    • Yes for the agreed value option
    • Yes simply because they knew what they were talking about
    • Yes for another reason

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya Ollie,

Can you check my insurance with you has the "Club discount".

Its up for renewal soon, so I'd like so save as much as I can next year.

The names Ed Cawdell.

Cheers,

Ed

Hi Ed,

I've just checked and we have you registered as a member of this club, the discount will automatically be applied to your renewal.

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Guest DaphneHoneybutt

Got a call from Sky after filling out their enquiry form online - lovely chap called Danny and hey presto my N/A is now insured with them - premium was a few pounds cheaper than my current insurance but excess was way less (£350 instead of £550) so pretty pleased with that. Getting quote for the twin turbo tonight :-)

Guest DaphneHoneybutt
daphne where do you live?

Yup got best price with A plan... A PLAN

Major problem being the sup has a roll cage.. they suddenly get all nervy and say bye...

Anyway got insurance with A PLAN

£798 fully comp 500 excess in a FY post code, with mods for 31 year old woman with 5 years plus no claims and myself 28 also as named driver..

I'm in Redditch, Worcestershire

Hi Luke,

I understand my colleague tried to phone you on Monday 14th... I will get someone to call you today.

Thanks

Ollie

He did yes, my mistake :innocent:

He called today and quoted an excellent price. Just waiting for him to call back now I've finished work so we can sort out payment :) and insurance for my other car. Many thanks Ollie and Dan

He did yes, my mistake :innocent:

He called today and quoted an excellent price. Just waiting for him to call back now I've finished work so we can sort out payment :) and insurance for my other car. Many thanks Ollie and Dan

cheers! Daniel will be in touch asap, the phone are rather busy this afternoon!

Ollie

Guest chris_shirl

Quoting "We may be WA**! for you, but not for most other members. The area you live in has a terrible claims/loss ratio.. if we insure people in that area, they will claim and put everyone elses premiums up next year.

On the other hand, at least we are honest, we dont waste your time by taking you through a quote and giving you an expensive price. We make it clear from the outset.

Regards

Ollie

Sky Insurance"

LOL the area i live in has very expensive houses and low crime rate.. i have lived and parked in so called cctv policed areas Trafford Centre and had my old poor saxo broken into and that was group 7 lol

Insurance compaines like yourself and ridiculous.

Dont waste my time..lol quite happy to take all details until the dreaded mention of a roll cage and postcode lol

You should make it clear on your website what postcodes and modifications you dont insure.. Not quite sure why SKy is recommened by Supra Forum as im sure most of us sup owners have lots of dreaded uninsurable mods and postcodes...lol

A PLAN everybody not SKY!!

Its a shame to say it but you came in £200 dearer again this year over A-plan. I like the approachable attitude of the staff but at that cost over one of your leading competitors is too dear. I might add that is without any sort of club discount by A-plan. Single turbo/highly modified/dodgy risk you are going to be cheaper with A-plan. Lets just hope I don't have a cause to claim to find out if the service on that end of the insurance stick is still OK

I dont have anything against sky insurance, i just wish they were able to bring back agreed values for new customers, mine is due soon and the only thing against me calling them is that i want to have agreed value, i dont agree with people slagging them of just because there not the cheapest, i have been driving for 20 years and only stuck with my renewal company once because they were the cheapest, thats how much insurance companies vary.

I'm not slagging them off but for the majority of folks the cost is the main driving factor. Yes some people will go for a better service at a premium but only so far. Most will not pay 35% more on the offchance that they have a fault crash. Thats just economics. Its also the second year running that they've been beaten on price by similar margins. I was insured via sky before and at that time they were competetive. Sadly they no longer are in my case.

I'm not slagging them off but for the majority of folks the cost is the main driving factor. Yes some people will go for a better service at a premium but only so far. Most will not pay 35% more on the offchance that they have a fault crash. Thats just economics. Its also the second year running that they've been beaten on price by similar margins. I was insured via sky before and at that time they were competetive. Sadly they no longer are in my case.

I wasnt aiming at you when i said about people slagging them off so dont take that to heart ;)

Well having thought i was sorted with the best broker doing the best deal i now find out at renewal time that ive not got an agreed value policy.

Im also told this will be another £70 + on top to get agreed value.

Cant say im impressed with this in the slightest and to top it off i was supposed to get a call back yesterday but nothing !!

A D SHAW

Ollie,

You left a message for me earlier saying you hadn't received my agreed value form. I posted it over a week ago with all the receipts etc, so not sure where it's got to. Was after the same as last year due to money spent (£2k on interior and maybe £2k on maintenance/upkeep)

I'll try to ring tomorrow, but difficult during the day at work. Hope it's not gone missing in the post with all the receipts

Jon

I have contacted ollie and need an agreed valuation, Anybody know how i go about this?

I bought the car as an N/A and currently its book price will be a tuppence!!

Its currently boasting far in excess of any BPU TT6 and i have spent over £25k on it, Anyone who can help with any ideas please click on the link on my sig for spec and rough ideas for value.

Cheers

Phone them up and speak to Cassie, you'll need to list all your mods and send them photo's of your car.

Ive just put the phone down from chatting with her regarding my agreed value policy and as much as im peed off with it not happening 1st time round ive decided to give Sky a second chance.

Hopefully this time there will be no screw ups and i'll be checking through my policy to double check its as ive just agreed.

They have also given me a much better deal on my landcruiser to so hopefully everything will go according to plan.

Thanks Ollie for looking into this.

A D Shaw

• 4 months later...

I thought I best report this here so that others can learn from my mistake. Not sure if it’s the correct forum, but here goes...

As a previous client of Sky, I obtained a quote from them around April this year on my TT Supra and an MR2 NA. I got a great price and was really happy. I completed both Proposal Form’s, photocopied driving licence (both parts) and mkivsupra.net membership card and sent them all together in the same envelope.

In June, I rang them to cancel the MR2 insurance (as I sold her on), but was told that I needed to put it in writing. I was also told that they hadn’t received my Proposal Form for the Supra or a copy of my driving licence. This is impossible as they received the Proposal Form for the MR2. Anyway, the only thing I could do was complete a new proposal form and resend a photocopy of my driving licence.

On the 2nd August, I completed the new proposal form, wrote a letter requesting cancellation of the MR2 insurance and promptly stuck it in the post-box. The next day, I received a letter from Sky informing me that they had not yet received the new proposal form and that I had 7 days to respond. As I had only sent it the previous day, I elected to ignore the letter.

A month later, I have still not received my Certificate or Motor Insurance (although a large sum of money leaves my account each month for my insurance), nor have I received any confirmation of the cancellation of the MR2 insurance. I decided to give Sky a ring to discuss the matter. It transpires that on 15th August 2008, my insurance on the Supra was cancelled. They claim that they didn’t receive my new proposal form until Friday 5th September.

I am currently in the process of trying to sort this out and get my policy reinstated (or similar). So far, the Customer Services team have been very helpful, but the final outcome is as yet unknown.

I will post the conclusion here, but for the time being I can’t stop thinking about what would have happened had I hit a child whilst driving back from the Shops on Friday night.

The moral of this story is, don’t ever be tempted to drive without having some physical form of proof that you are insured. It may seem an obvious point, but I honestly assumed that I was insured because I had an active Direct Debit.

That said, I would like to make a point of asking that Sky review their process for dealing with this kind of situation. A letter informing me of the cancellation would have been very, very helpful.

To be continued...

Shortly after posting this, the postman visited and sure enough, there was a letter dated 5th September 2008 which informs me that the policy was cancelled on the 15th August.

At around 2:30pm I received a telephone call from a member of your sales team. During our conversation he referred to my original post as a complaint.

At this point I wish to point out that my post was intended as warning to others to ensure that they had valid insurance. It was in no way an attempt to blacken Sky’s reputation and I went out of my way to mention how helpful the people at Sky were.

As things stand, I have been advised that although Sky can match the previous quote, I will have to pay a £180 (approx) deposit and there was also talk of a cancellation fee.

As the exact figures were unknown at the time, I have requested that somebody call me back when they do know the full extent of the financial implications.