The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Club Discount Insurance Scheme

mawby

Are you insured with Sky, the club insurer?  

275 members have voted

1. 1. Are you insured with Sky, the club insurer?

• Yes because they were the cheapest
    • Yes for the agreed value option
    • Yes simply because they knew what they were talking about
    • Yes for another reason

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found Sky to be really good. I was with Admiral last few years and changed companies, as my '98 VVTI TT with my wheels and 3 points declared was going to be £1850. With Sky im only paying £1141 with my 4 years No-Claims Protected! Sounds a lot I guess but not bad sayin im only 23! Had usual line off Admiral asking what Sky's quote was to see if they cud compete and wen I told them what it was, all they cud say was 'Sorry to lose you.....' ha :D

what did you tell them your car's value?

I found Sky to be really good. I was with Admiral last few years and changed companies, as my '98 VVTI TT with my wheels and 3 points declared was going to be £1850. With Sky im only paying £1141 with my 4 years No-Claims Protected! Sounds a lot I guess but not bad sayin im only 23! Had usual line off Admiral asking what Sky's quote was to see if they cud compete and wen I told them what it was, all they cud say was 'Sorry to lose you.....' ha :D

I asked about adding the agreed value and was told it was an additional £75:blink:

The price has gone up a LOT then! I heard a month ago they were ditching it, maybe this is a response to the feedback they got after that was mentioned?

Even so, to people like me who have stuck tens of thousands into their cars, the agreed value is a massive peace of mind in case the worse happens.

I've been with Sky insurance for a couple of years now and have insured three cars with them. Each time they've managed to beat any competing quote come renewal time.

Until this week, that is. They quoted me £591 to renew the insurance on my Elise. A-Plan quoted me £520.

Sky wouldn't drop their price at all, even though their renewal letter said they guarantee to beat any other quotes.

Had to call Sky today as got a letter saying they have sent "many letters" requesting a list of my new modifications, although am still to recieve those many letters considering I only got the form about 10 days ago and returned it 2 days later, not impressed.

I asked if my renewal had come through and it had and was getting sent to me last year iirc i was around £1020 + £35 for the agreed value, I was expecting maybe a nice drop to maybe £800 ish ................nope £960 is what it is! and now with £75.35 for the agreed value my insurance is the same as last year or there abouts. I was told that insurance premiums had not come down since last year, so when did NCB stop counting? If only I had a totally stock supra I would not be with Sky right now but they do have you over a barrel with agredd value and like for like.

3000 miles a year

2 NCD

6 points

I just got a quote from Sky as well, and when I rang A-Plan they quoted it at £140 cheaper (and I don't even get MKIV discount with them).

I then went back to Sky to see what they could do and they said that they would drop the admin charges and match A-plans quote, however I can't help but feel cheated, if I hadn't rung around I would have been seriously out of pocket.

Have quite decided which insurer to go with yet :( but I don't think it's right that people are getting these high quotes given that MKIV have them as a recommended insurer

Really pissed off.

Just found out I lost my NCB because I used Auto-ass to repair a stone chip (not even a complete window) at it cost £75 which I could have paid myself, but was told I was covered and protected.

The sh!t will hit the fan when I phone in tomorrow.

*$@%&*@!!!

Just found out I lost my NCB because I used Auto-ass to repair a stone chip (not even a complete window) at it cost £75 which I could have paid myself, but was told I was covered and protected.

The sh!t will hit the fan when I phone in tomorrow.

*$@%&*@!!!

:wtf:

I had a chip repaired on mine last year! does this mean they're gonna try and screw me out of my NCB???!!!!

Don't panic dude.

I had a window replaced a few months back also, but was told this didn't effect my NCB so I'm now confused.

Just realised that mine was done by RAC Auto Windscreens.

Will phone Sky tomorrow I think to confirm my NCB.

Good luck getting it sorted out mate.

I just got mine insured with Hertz Insurance co. I've had my audi with them for a few years now and they covered the supra for £376. :D

They've mirrored the full ncb on the audi so i get it on both.

Well worth a look. Haven't got their number to hand, but pm me if you want it.

• 1 month later...

Just got my renewal from direct line,have been with them for 7yrs all high performance stuff and the wanted £570:(

Rang sky and they could do it for £480:(

Decided to ring A-Plan and got it for £380:) :) :) :)

Maybe we should try for discount scheme with A-Plan

Guest Bob Lawson

I pay £250.00 with Norwich union Direct, fully comp. with no claims protection guaranteed for life. Has no-one tried them?