The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Club Discount Insurance Scheme

mawby

Are you insured with Sky, the club insurer?  

275 members have voted

1. 1. Are you insured with Sky, the club insurer?

• Yes because they were the cheapest
    • Yes for the agreed value option
    • Yes simply because they knew what they were talking about
    • Yes for another reason

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aye they said to me last year it was 1600 declared at 450 bhp and because of a increase it was the same this year but when i rang a plan when i started work they said 1275 at a lot higher bhp think sky just pulls figures out the air. And trying to get the no claims cert off them was a nightmare waited ages ended up getting my new insurance company to go direct to them

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just got a quote off greenlight over the internet on a 95 RZ TT Import. Im 21, 3 points, declared a cat back exhaust and air filter as an example. Fully comp - £1260.

not too bad i thought.

aye they said to me last year it was 1600 declared at 450 bhp and because of a increase it was the same this year but when i rang a plan when i started work they said 1275 at a lot higher bhp think sky just pulls figures out the air. And trying to get the no claims cert off them was a nightmare waited ages ended up getting my new insurance company to go direct to them

They have to try to increase your premiums. It's the way their business works from what I can see. There's an element of new income from new customers, then there's new income from existing customers - that's your increasing premiums.. :rolleyes:

I just got a quote off greenlight over the internet on a 95 RZ TT Import. Im 21, 3 points, declared a cat back exhaust and air filter as an example. Fully comp - £1260.

not too bad i thought.

There are a lot of companies which can give decent quotes online on Modified Japanese cars now, Bell being one of them. £983 for me at 23, 3 points for speeding, and mods declared on my '98 TT VVTi.

I stuck with Sky though, as although it was a bit more expensive (haggled down to £995) they do a like for like incase of an accident, unlike many other insurers :)

Guest grifter

Big thank you to club organisers for Sky Insurance set up !

Got some decent,courteous service as well as club discount.All in all I'm satisfied.

Long live mk.IV.supra.net

• 3 weeks later...

I must say that for a fairly stock car (albeit an import), my age (40-something) and NCB (13 years), I was expecting quotes in general to be a lot cheaper than they were (£500+).

Sky weren't the chepeast by nearly £100 but the approachable nature of their staff (dealt with a great guy called Luke), knowledge of the car and the perceived added value of their cover swung it for me.

Thanks guys.

I must say that for a fairly stock car (albeit an import), my age (40-something) and NCB (13 years), I was expecting quotes in general to be a lot cheaper than they were (£500+).

Sky weren't the chepeast by nearly £100 but the approachable nature of their staff (dealt with a great guy called Luke), knowledge of the car and the perceived added value of their cover swung it for me.

Thanks guys.

Thanks for the feedback.

Again, this has been passed to Luke and the office manager. We very much appreciate you posting this up, especially in light of some recent criticsim from some members we have been unable to insure.

I'm glad you have pointed out that our knowledge of the car and the cover we are offering swung it for you... price isn't everything and at the end of the day and the fact we know these cars so well and we are active on your forum speaks volumes about the service we offer for club members.

Thanks again

Ollie

Sky Insurance

• 1 month later...
Guest chris_shirl

ARRRHHH NOT happy.

Is this insurance company for real!!

Just phoned and they say they wont insure if you live in an FY1-7 postcode (BLACKPOOL) or even all manchester or liverpool postcodes.. lol..

Say to much theft of that car in the area.lol

Had the car for 3 years and nobody has so much as sneezed on it.. are they not forgetting a car is mobile doh i could insure in Beverely hills and drive it and leave it in Moss Side..

What does this insurance company want?

You to live in a castle with a moat, oh yea and electrified fences and armed guards..

Need inurance quick anybody know any insurance companies that actually insure??

Renewal quote is 1200 fully comp protected 5 years no claims.oh yea they got even more scared when mentioning it has a roll cage.. ooooo noooo

SKY INSURANCE IS WA**!

ARRRHHH NOT happy.

Is this insurance company for real!!

Just phoned and they say they wont insure if you live in an FY1-7 postcode (BLACKPOOL) or even all manchester or liverpool postcodes.. lol..

Say to much theft of that car in the area.lol

Had the car for 3 years and nobody has so much as sneezed on it.. are they not forgetting a car is mobile doh i could insure in Beverely hills and drive it and leave it in Moss Side..

What does this insurance company want?

You to live in a castle with a moat, oh yea and electrified fences and armed guards..

Need inurance quick anybody know any insurance companies that actually insure??

Renewal quote is 1200 fully comp protected 5 years no claims.oh yea they got even more scared when mentioning it has a roll cage.. ooooo noooo

SKY INSURANCE IS WA**!

Give A Plan a call dude

Guest DaphneHoneybutt

I ensure my N/A and my boyfriends TT with RAC Insurance - fully comp, protected no claims etc etc - mine is just over £500 and the other is just under £700 - excess is fairly high though. They were definately coming out cheaper than other insurers.

Guest chris_shirl

daphne where do you live?

Yup got best price with A plan... A PLAN

Major problem being the sup has a roll cage.. they suddenly get all nervy and say bye...

Anyway got insurance with A PLAN

£798 fully comp 500 excess in a FY post code, with mods for 31 year old woman with 5 years plus no claims and myself 28 also as named driver..

SKY INSURANCE IS WA**!

We may be WA**! for you, but not for most other members. The area you live in has a terrible claims/loss ratio.. if we insure people in that area, they will claim and put everyone elses premiums up next year.

On the other hand, at least we are honest, we dont waste your time by taking you through a quote and giving you an expensive price. We make it clear from the outset.

Regards

Ollie

Sky Insurance