The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ultimate Pro street Drag supra!

StuartW

Chucked an N/A lump in to make it easier to get all the rest of the car finished and ROAD LEGAL :D

Fired up the engine 5pm new years eve, Drove it today, Off road (3rd Jan)

All gears and Auto box work lovely, Transbrake and line lock allows a burn out:) Brakes and handbrake all working lovely,

Generally the whole car feels Lush.

A few more niggles to fix like

Wipers

Neutral crank interupter switch

Make lockout switch for transbrake (As i have to hold it and cannot reverse steering with 1 hand and no PAS Lol)

passenger seat

Elec windows have died (Checked all fuses and cons)

Speedo

Reverse and fog light

Windscreen washer resevoir

Handbrake warning light

Get number plates made

Wiring Tidy

Fab Switch panel Mount

Electric de-mister to be fitted

Finish rear half of exhaust for Quiet as possible

Replace first trans cooler as it leaks!

Front indicators

Mount and wire Battery Master

fault find rev limiter @ 3500rpm!

Book MOT :D

The suspension is currently jacked right uppermost front and rear, on the spring platforms. Even now my super low jack struggles to get under the front or back..a small price to pay and nothing a block of wood or 2 easy fixes.

attachment.php?attachmentid=103353&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=103354&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=103355&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=103356&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=103357&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=103358&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=103359&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=103360&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=103361&d=1232210470

020120103105.jpg

020120103106.jpg

020120103107.jpg

020120103108.jpg

020120103110.jpg

030120103115.jpg

030120103117.jpg

030120103119.jpg

030120103120.jpg

Edited by StuartW (see edit history)

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Got all of the above list sorted, Passed VIC check so got logbook coming. MOT and tax wednesday 20th,

Then 100 mile drive to bed brakes in, Shakedown,Test Hi and Low gears etc.

Strip N/A out and put in the First stage T74 build :D

Book Ryan for a Solaris, Wire in and set up Dash 2 and a dyno!

Off to the strips for March...Fingers crossed.

The 2 speed powerglide Auto box has a trans brake, This is selected for reverse. Once on stage you hold it on and it counteracts foreward gear by selecting reverse at the same time, Allowing the revs to build and the Torque convertor to build up its "Bungee" to be released by the Launch button on the steering wheel!

The problem is if you depress the Trans brake/Launch button whilst anything other than when you are stationary it locks the rears wheels instantly:Pling:

SO i am fitting a Shielded override switch with a 20 second Lockout on the Steering wheel buttons.

Currently on a simulated stage she only has enough power (210 ish) to rev to 3000rpm, My thoughts are when i produce 3 times that the spool revs will be pretty spot on:eyebrows: (hoping ATI built the Torque convertor as i asked them)

Laser wheel alignment and a full Andy frost set up before i lay any serious power down.

The project has been off the road for nearly 7 years!

Going to buy a tax disc holder now.....

Any suggestions dont really want to spend more than £500-£600

Has to be "L" or older

Hows about F 8RAG from DVLA:cool:?

Didnt someone on here have L 80 OST for sale?

Pity its a L plate.

I saw this a few days ago on dvla. N20 0RAG £250

N20=nitros:)

Went for the first drive and had mainly electrical problems. and a fuel starvation fault, Also i have now burned out the 2nd trans brake solenoid whilst reversing.

Also i have the biggest fuel pump Aeromotive Pro series the 11102 bigger than the eliminator.

I have seen this unit on aeromotive's website "Billet fuel pump speed controller" Mosfet technology, no moving parts. This runs from a RPM signal output from the Solaris to signal the controller, The revs of the fuel pump are then relative to the engine and all variable...Problem sorted.

http://aeromotiveinc.com/products-pa...ed-controller/

All the problems sorted good enough for the drive with a VERY late one Friday night.

SO Saturday night was its first real run, In the dark too..its..noisy,Bumpy, hard work but LUSH to drive!! Solid axle,Understeer,Tyre noise, Drafty etc etc but i love it..REAL hard core race car!! MANY MANY smiles for miles (sMILES PER HOUR!) Not bad at drifting too!

Did 90 leptons @ 5500rpm and shifted to high with my right foot mashed..She shifted smooth and quietly, the revs dropped to 2200 on a light throttle, The Torque convertor stall seems spot on and for the first time in my life i actually enjoyed driving an AUTO. the acceleration and braking allows normal traffic driving no worries :cool: Its a bit weird accelerating from 0-90 without shifting.

The engine braking when you shift to low is phenomenal, This is something that Andy modified for me to aid with engine braking. Something to do with a spool brake?

Having the fully working electric windows was brilliant through Mac d's drive through lol.

Having no functional reverse is a PITA ATM but Andy Frost is sending me a manual override valve body to reduce to the need to use the Trans brake solenoid OTR.

All in all i am ABSOLUTELY HAPPY with the Shakedown.

New front tyres and a full track set up this week once the new reversing mod arrives.

The looks i get at traffic lights are just priceless...The amount of times i see the driver behind miming the words Fu*Kin Ell :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...