JamieP's New Supra Project!

JamieP

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I cant believe the difference in traction between the sienna with the 888's and the racing harts with the p-zero's, same size wheels and tyres but with the p-zero's the car has NO grip whatsoever, i can light the tyres up in 3rd gear and can feel it squirming for grip in 4th.

Them 888's are an amazing tyre, no wheel spin at all with them on the car.

I cant believe the difference in traction between the sienna with the 888's and the racing harts with the p-zero's, same size wheels and tyres but with the p-zero's the car has NO grip whatsoever, i can light the tyres up in 3rd gear and can feel it squirming for grip in 4th.

Your right there, my car was a undriveable animal with Yoko's on it, bunged the Toyo 888's on and it hooks up in 3rd now, anyone running a 500+bhp Supra should have these fitted, for the summer anyway.

I'm looking at getting a set for mine at the moment. Where did you get them from? I usually buy from Camskill.

Out of interest why change them so often? do they overheat and go hard or something?

When they are brand new they will give more grip on there first heat cycle, after that they just stay constant until worn out. Doesn't make any odds for a road car but when your trying to squeeze out as much time as possible on one lap it all helps!

Regarding the semi-slicks : how do they drive on the road (not on track) when temperature is below 15°C. Is it hard to get them on the right temp - and do they keep the temp easily?

So far, I have Pirelli P7000 tires on my Supe ... above 20° C, they have proper grip in 3rd (only spin in 1st and 2nd) ... but last week-end, they spinned in 3rd and on some road surfaces even in 4th (7°C outside temp).

I have my Michelin Pilot sports cup tires (semi-slicks) in my garage which will be fitted during winter time ... as I would also like to floor my Supe in 2nd (on straights) without having to pay attention if no car is driving on the other side of the road :D

:blink: Hasn't the car just had a makeover?!

Not really, that was just the drive train mainly.

Its having a full glass out respray.

Black suede and leather retrim.

Sienna split rims refurbed.

Finish off the engine bay, install inlet manifold, install jun cams and cam wheels plus general tidy up of the bay including some powder coating etc.:)

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)