The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's New Supra Project!

JamieP

Forgot to ask you how your boost is controlled Jamie?

Is it controlled via the ecu? Mapped through the gears?

Thats the best thing about the solaris imo is the boost control, as i understand the ecu adjusts the settings to keep the boost perfect all the time and you can have gear related boost, im on the limit of traction in first and second but may go for a bit more boost in 3rd then back to 1.55bar in the rest of the gears to prolong engine life.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Started on my dash pod a couple of hours ago, lots of filling and sanding left to do yet, ill finish it off tomorrow :)

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/dash2008.jpg

That's going to look great. Are you going to put anything on each side of the dash bit? I suppose you haven't got anything that needs to go there if the dash is replacing all your guages and stuff. How have you actually done it, is it just filler?

That's going to look great. Are you going to put anything on each side of the dash bit? I suppose you haven't got anything that needs to go there if the dash is replacing all your guages and stuff. How have you actually done it, is it just filler?

Thanks,

Yea thinking that a gauge either side would look great but i dont really need anything with this dash. i have a apexi egt and boost gauge so may bung them in.

I cut the hole to the size of the display then filled the other holes with some platic sheet and fibreglased over them, i also made a back plate and fibreglassed that in place so i have something to bolt the display to then smoothed over everything filler.

Here's a pic of my stereo panel. Bit poor quality though. Does look good.

Very nice, thats exactly what I want, I brough a set of panels (2 sets in fact) and had some Alcantera to have a go myself, I mean come on how difficult can it be sticking a bit of cloth to a plastic panel, well I will have some tatty panels for sale as soon as I can get the glue of them (and my fingers :rolleyes:)

Ha, yea i wish:D

mould would be more effort than its worth, facelift dash pod and a couple of hours with some filler/fiberglass and alls done.

Ok mate,

I will try and get a vid later of the dash working etc.

p.s forget to say you are also famous in portugal for your video's :D

mould would be more effort than its worth, facelift dash pod and a couple of hours with some filler/fiberglass and alls done.

If there is enough interest (around 10-20 pieces) I maybe able to get a carbon fibre mould made.

If there is enough interest (around 10-20 pieces) I maybe able to get a carbon fibre mould made.

Carbon would be nice but i think we would struggle to get even 4 or 5.

Good to see you getting a mould made. What have you started with? I need to do something otherwise i wont be able to get it fitted.

Started with a facelift speedo pod, cut the hole with a hacksaw then filled the other holes with some fibreglass/filler, im going out to the garage in a min to finish it off.