JamieP's New Supra Project!

JamieP

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very nice, that was the fuel I was looking into, apparently it ticks all the boxes :thumbs:

I take it you will be heading up on VPower and then swapping to this at Pod, whats the easiest way to drain the tank?

Im not draining the tank, ill just make sure it always has a better ratio of race fuel to rd fuel than when we map it, easy to do with the digital dash;) its on 18% now so ill use a bit more up before mapping.

Yea 888's, i wanted to get a line lock fitted but never had time, i wont be doing my usual trick of left foot braking for burnouts as i think that helped towards my diff failures, engine fighting against the brakes cant be good for the diff.

Im not expecting an amazing time with my setup, into a 12 would be nice though:)

Yea 888's, i wanted to get a line lock fitted but never had time, i wont be doing my usual trick of left foot braking for burnouts as i think that helped towards my diff failures, engine fighting against the brakes cant be good for the diff.

Im not expecting an amazing time with my setup, into a 12 would be nice though:)

Shame as you will struggle to get heat into them otherwise. It's a bit late for pod, but have you considered a line lock?

Lee has one for me but i have no time to get it fitted, i should not really be going, got a house to get ready before the baby arrives, new kitchen is coming friday and the wife is giving me hell about going.......... but ill be there;)

If you have not too much fuel in the car and have an aftermarket FPR, you can fit a spare line to the fpr, bridge the FP diag ports and use the pump to drain the fuel into a jerry can.

I guess the same could be done by removing the fuel return off the top of the pump hanger.

We had to abandon the race fuel mapping.

To start with we had a nightmare getting the stuff in the car.

Then when mapping started the car would just not hook up on the dyno, everytime the boost came on it span the tyres up.

We then decided to do it on the rd but there was just to much traffic about and the intake temps was sky high, Ryan still had Ab's car to do and Wez's so we called it a day.

A problem has turned up since fitting the fluidyne is that the intake temps are high all the time now, over 40Deg c the ECU pulls 1.5deg timing out and over 50deg c it pulls 4 deg timing out, normal driving its reading 45deg on a cool night like tonight which is not right (use to be 35ish on cruise) and the car feels a bit dead so there is a probvlem somewhere, im going out to have a look at it now but if the intake temps are still sky high tomorrow i wont be running at the pod.

Im hoping this might just be a dodgy sensor, if not then ill put the stock rad back in to see what happens then.:search:

Not so good m8 :( Looks like we both didn't get a great deal done today but that's the way these things go. I popped a boost hose on the way back to the hotel racing an M3 - shat one at the time thinking I'd finally broke it! Quick lay by stop and a zip tie later and back to normal though :)

You want a Max Air Induction setup! Can't see how the rad and coolant temp could be related other than because the Fluidyne is Ali it's passing the heat off to the air flowing through it better and your intake is ingesting that?

Cheers,

Bri.

We had to abandon the race fuel mapping.

To start with we had a nightmare getting the stuff in the car.

Then when mapping started the car would just not hook up on the dyno, everytime the boost came on it span the tyres up.

We then decided to do it on the rd but there was just to much traffic about and the intake temps was sky high, Ryan still had Ab's car to do and Wez's so we called it a day.

A problem has turned up since fitting the fluidyne is that the intake temps are high all the time now, over 40Deg c the ECU pulls 1.5deg timing out and over 50deg c it pulls 4 deg timing out, normal driving its reading 45deg on a cool night like tonight which is not right (use to be 35ish on cruise) and the car feels a bit dead so there is a probvlem somewhere, im going out to have a look at it now but if the intake temps are still sky high tomorrow i wont be running at the pod.

Im hoping this might just be a dodgy sensor, if not then ill put the stock rad back in to see what happens then.:search:

Build an airbox below the headlight, my ait's were

Why is this mate? dose the stock fan pull or push? i cant remember .

Just the sheer amount of air it can shift (whilst being properly ducted) is a good bit more than any of the electric fan setups and it doesn't have the downside of current draw.

It pulls the air through the rad.

Cheers,

Brian.

Just the sheer amount of air it can shift (whilst being properly ducted) is a good bit more than any of the electric fan setups and it doesn't have the downside of current draw.

It pulls the air through the rad.

Cheers,

Brian.

Ill have to do a test on mine then at the moment my coolant temp never goes over 75 deg c on the move sat in traffic it gets to about 90 deg. be interesting to see the difference the stock fan will make.