JamieP's New Supra Project!

JamieP

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just talking with Ryan on the phone and he checked my olds logs from back in august and at 1.6bar my air temps was 21 degc.

I have a problem with the car:(

But in what respect mate? if your egt's and afr's are fine what else would mate the inlet temp rise? have you checked your cam timing? might be worth a quick look.

probably really stupid post but thinking out side the box only thing I can think of other than a sensor, have you topped up the overflow tank, as when was fitted Sunday would not of bleed itself till got hot,

Yea checked the water a few times mate, the tank was low but the rad was full so cant see it being that.

thinking about it, if that was the case then u would see high water temps?????

Yea maybe, water temps are the same as before, the only things that have change on the car is Radiator, turbo blanket and silicon pipes, my money is on dodgy sensor, lets see what it reads in the morning;)

Jamie, this sounds the same as mine, i am getting these high intake temperatures, still havent got to the bottom of it yet. Thats why i havent got the mapping finished yet, gonna try a new air temp sensor if i can find one.

Let me know how you get on.

Sorry to hear this matey :(

After fitting the Koyo to mine tonight I can safely say the alloy rads kick out more heat, with the stock rad when the car is upto temp you can touch the plastic tanks, the alloy top tank on the koyo was much much hotter.

After fitting the Koyo to mine tonight I can safely say the alloy rads kick out more heat, with the stock rad when the car is upto temp you can touch the plastic tanks, the alloy top tank on the koyo was much much hotter.

That will be cos alloy conductors heat and plastic dose not , try touching the metal fines of the stock rad it will be like touching the top of the koyo .

Yea cant be good for under bonnet temps, im going to put my air filter in the bumper first chance i get.

Yea cant be good for under bonnet temps, im going to put my air filter in the bumper first chance i get.

you will have to do what Charlie did and build an air box else you will find like me the filter will get covered in crap asap, i've held off getting an alloy rad due to this very issue. Im winning my battle with radiant heat though with pipe insulation and ducting.