The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's New Supra Project!

JamieP

Car's looking great Jamie looks like you lowered it a lot more than when you first fitted the shocks? And well done on getting your hands dirty for once lol dash pod looking cool . Did you sort a under tray out? as my mate who was going to do your pod has just started making them from scratch ill post some pics if your interested ?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jamie, Not seen this thread for a while. You have a really good knack for creating beautiful cars. That is one of the most discreet and good looking supra's I have seen in a long time.

If I were an exec, I would be hiring you as my project developer!

Well done bud, a credit to the car and board!

Jamie, Not seen this thread for a while. You have a really good knack for creating beautiful cars. That is one of the most discreet and good looking supra's I have seen in a long time.

If I were an exec, I would be hiring you as my project developer!

Well done bud, a credit to the car and board!

Thanks mate.

Car's looking great Jamie looks like you lowered it a lot more than when you first fitted the shocks? And well done on getting your hands dirty for once lol dash pod looking cool . Did you sort a under tray out? as my mate who was going to do your pod has just started making them from scratch ill post some pics if your interested ?

Just remembered they did lower the front a tad on the geo setup, still need a undertray.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

O right you had the Geo done in the end did it make much difference as you said it was great out the box , Ill post some pics of what his come up with to see what you think ;)

He made a few tweaks but he said it was almost spot on, closest he had seen in a while so i never noticed much difference, drives great.... one front wheel arch was 9mm higher than the other and he had a little adjust on the back wheels but we was talking next to nothing.

The car has been perfect as well from the day i picked it up, cant recommend SRD high enough.

Its going back in a few weeks for a few more bits to be fitted.

Greddy intake manifold

new cam covers

Jun cam wheels

Line lock kit

Then its back to Ryan for a remap and a race fuel map, just hope the intake manifold turns up giving us enough time to get the car ready for suprapod.

Ryan is coming tomorrow to fit my new dash2.

The car has been perfect as well from the day i picked it up, cant recommend SRD high enough.

Its going back in a few weeks for a few more bits to be fitted.

Greddy intake manifold

new cam covers

Jun cam wheels

Line lock kit

Then its back to Ryan for a remap and a race fuel map, just hope the intake manifold turns up giving us enough time to get the car ready for suprapod.

Ryan is coming tomorrow to fit my new dash2.

You seem to get so much done in the time it takes me to get a part from a supplier

Looking forward to Suprapod this year, should be some quick Supras this time round

Its all in the planning and the people you use to work on the car:d

On a side note if the car makes no more power with the intake manifold im then going to order a set of Jun 256/256 cams.

Hard cash helps a bit too ;) :D

Are you still planning on getting the inlet and cams fitted and dyno'd separately? From an info point of view it'd be fantastic to see the difference just the inlet makes in terms of spool and peak power. It's always been a bone of contention on here and common consensus suggests the intake should reduce spool but perhaps create a bit more on the top end. If you do the intake and cams together the results won't mean so much for those using a milder tune.

Either way I'm looking forward to seeing the results whatever they are :)

Oooooh looks call. Static plic please.

Can i ask why the lights only went green? Was it that you were not pushing it to the rev limit?

I like, cant wait :D

Ive put it away now, ill get a pic tomorrow, i have another video of me just flicking through the pages ill upload in a min.

I didnt want all the flashing lights on rev limit so had Ryan change that:)

Edit with the static video. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QLno9cgKAbY

How much wheel horse power will that bosch pump support? I am used to the US Supras where they all run dual intank pumps. I like how simple your setup is. Also, what is the difference in hp between your dyno and a dynojet in the US? I ask because I made 651whp on a dynojet in the US with the same turbo as you.

Awesome thread by the way. :D

what is the difference in hp between your dyno and a dynojet in the US? I ask because I made 651whp on a dynojet in the US with the same turbo as you.

Jamie's 548hp is estimated flywheel HP but you can't really compare the HP cars in the US make with our figures.

No cars over here make anywhere near the numbers the same setups supposedly make in the US.

Take for example the 520 RWHP at 18 psi the PHR1 kit is allegedly capable of with the stock 550cc injectors and std ECU. Nobody in the UK gets anywhere close to that.

How much wheel horse power will that bosch pump support? I am used to the US Supras where they all run dual intank pumps. I like how simple your setup is. Also, what is the difference in hp between your dyno and a dynojet in the US? I ask because I made 651whp on a dynojet in the US with the same turbo as you.

Awesome thread by the way. :D

They claim 600whp for the bosch 044 pump

Dynojet over read massively compared to what we we use (mainly dyno dynamics) loads of people in the uk running the T67 with full supporting mods and nobody is getting anywhere near them figures here.

What whp does a stock supra make on the dynojets?

They claim 600whp for the bosch 044 pump

Dynojet over read massively compared to what we we use (mainly dyno dynamics) loads of people in the uk running the T67 with full supporting mods and nobody is getting anywhere near them figures here.

What whp does a stock supra make on the dynojets?

Now are you talking about 600whp on your dyno? Because that would be a lot! Basically what I am asking is do you think you will max out that pump?

I have almost the exact same setup. The only difference is I have the HKS Vpro vs your AEM and I have cams. I have the same turbo, injectors etc. Oh, I run two Denso pumps/lines instead. That is why I was curious.

A stock TT 6spd over here would dyno about 290whp. There is roughly a 15% loss on our dyno jet dynos. Your dyno is more like our "mustang dyno". It is more realistic, but puts out lower numbers. There are pros and cons to each.

Also, I think I read that you are putting an intake manifold on. Don't you think that is overkill on our small 67mm turbo? I know you were complaining about the lag cams create. Wait until you put that intake manifold on! That moves the whole power band way over to the right. But I am interested to see the differences.

If you are interested. Here are my dynos with the BL67:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=501926