The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's New Supra Project!

JamieP

Now are you talking about 600whp on your dyno? Because that would be a lot! Basically what I am asking is do you think you will max out that pump?

I have almost the exact same setup. The only difference is I have the HKS Vpro vs your AEM and I have cams. I have the same turbo, injectors etc. Oh, I run two Denso pumps/lines instead. That is why I was curious.

A stock TT 6spd over here would dyno about 290whp. There is roughly a 15% loss on our dyno jet dynos. Your dyno is more like our "mustang dyno". It is more realistic, but puts out lower numbers. There are pros and cons to each.

Also, I think I read that you are putting an intake manifold on. Don't you think that is overkill on our small 67mm turbo? I know you were complaining about the lag cams create. Wait until you put that intake manifold on! That moves the whole power band way over to the right. But I am interested to see the differences.

If you are interested. Here are my dynos with the BL67:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=501926

Our 600whp so i hear, i think you will be fine with a bosch 044, have you seen the size difference between a walbro?

I run a solaris ECU not AEM.

Yea i have concerns about the intake but for tha sake of science i want to try one out and my last supra had the Greddy intake on a GT4088 and never seemed to suffer with lag.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A stock TT 6spd over here would dyno about 290whp. There is roughly a 15% loss on our dyno jet dynos. Your dyno is more like our "mustang dyno". It is more realistic, but puts out lower numbers. There are pros and cons to each.

I dyno'd my stock 6 speed on a dyno dynamics and it got 265rwhp, at 18% loss. (323 bhp give or take 1% loss)

A stock TT 6spd over here would dyno about 290whp. There is roughly a 15% loss on our dyno jet dynos. Your dyno is more like our "mustang dyno". It is more realistic, but puts out lower numbers.

So people in the States would rather have a false higher number than a more accurate one? What's the point in that? (except bragging rights obviously)

If they all use the same type of dyno then makes no odds they over read, maybe ours under read?

The problem is there is no consistency with other Dynos.

On a Dyno Dynamics...in shootout mode, the figures are what they are.. universally the same, as the correction factor and other variables cannot be altered/tweaked by the Dyno operator.

In the US (and the Uk to some degree) the Dynojets and 'other dynos' all have lots of parameters that can be adjusted to account for different altitudes, humidity, temperature amongst other things.

This means that the Dyno operators can and do fiddle the parameters to produce higher hp readings (eg// changin the CF).... meaning there is no consistency to their numbers.

At least with DD in shootout it can be taken as fact that the numbers are right and comparable between cars.

Yup dyno numbers dont mean much unless they are from the same dyno and same operator, even then the same car can make different numbers on different run and different days.

They are a tunning tool that you can see what mods have done what on imo.

All dynos can be rigged to make more power, try pulling the handbrake up a couple of clicks on run down and see what it does to the power figures.

Dyno Dynamics in shootout mode can be rigged?

Thats the first Ive heard of it!! Not sure re the handbrake trick you mention though..

The only way a DD could be rigged in shoot out mode is by placing the room temp sensor in the exhaust or something hot, but it would be shown on the plot....

Only other way is strapping.... If you strap it hard it will be underpowered as it wont come up on the roller and grip properly.

Totally agree with the comments on DD and is the only reason i choose to use them.

Ryan

UK Flywheel Horse Power = US Rear Wheel Horse Power

Roughly. Needless to say, we're right. Obviously.

I agree. For example dyno results here in Finland are very comparable to UK dyno results but in the US the figures are much higher. I guess everything just has to be bigger over there. :) We also have to remember that quite often the US dynoresults are made using race gas.

I currently have the precision 74mm turbo which I'm about to install soon. With this turbo you could get anything from 800rwhp to 950rwhp in the US. This is NOT going to happen in europe even if race gas is used. My turbo was previously in a 2.2l bmw and it made 1000 flywheel horsepower using race gas so I'd say it might be capable to push something around 800hp using pump gas - maybe a bit more.

Which brings us to the fact, US whp = European flywheel horsepower. ;)

EDIT: Oh, and good luck to your project buddy!