The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's New Supra Project!

JamieP

If these numbers are to be believed the lag dont look to bad to me, this billet 76 is on a bigger hotside than i the one ive gone with and spool time is not that far from my 67, remember this is atw's graph, the 67 spools so fast im not worried if i lose a fair bit of spool time tbh, with my new higher rev limit i should still have a large powerband.

This is on a 3.0L supra with GSC stage 2 cams.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Me an all mate, ive not heard of anyone running that sort of boost on a stock engine in the uk, im sure somebody will pop up in a min though;)

And here I pop, I was running 2.2 bar about 7 years ago, completely stock bottom end with modded head, made 921bhp on the dyno. Never blew up but then I didn't use it at that power level much to be honest, most of the time it was 1.7 bar.

Just turn it up some more and see what happens :)

And here I pop, I was running 2.2 bar about 7 years ago, completely stock bottom end with modded head, made 921bhp on the dyno. Never blew up but then I didn't use it at that power level much to be honest, most of the time it was 1.7 bar.

Just turn it up some more and see what happens :)

You gone backwards in power ever since, suppose to go the other way mate:D

Guest andy@amt
You gone backwards in power ever since, suppose to go the other way mate:D

because he doesn't use my parts anymore:d

Are you going to put the 76mm on your stock engine?? Allso will you swop out the injectors?

No mate, new engine is being installed in a week or so, plus a good few other upgrades.

rps streetmax clutch is worn out now, slips like mad from low revs, got a Carbon carbon Rps twin going in, also Nitrous.

The car needs a bit of tlc now.:)

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

No mate, new engine is being installed in a week or so, plus a good few other upgrades.

rps streetmax clutch is worn out now, slips like mad from low revs, got a Carbon carbon Rps twin going in, also Nitrous.

The car needs a bit of tlc now.:)

Nice..... I guess Nitrous well help your pre spool, I was having a long chat with dusty about the 76mm.. Sounds like an awesome turbo at the later mid to top end.. Ive gone with a larger hotside than you have as im wanting more top end car... Be interested to compare spool times for sure..

looks like anything after 1.65 to 1.7 bar on uk fuel might need water spray, e85 or race gas to go further....

I might go down the nitrous route myself is spool is too bad... Im hoping for at least 8,200 rev limiter on the wangan so should be a good enough power range.

Guest rich gt300

ive heard quite abit about this car and seen a few videos and ive just read through most of it and all i can say is STUNNING

Nice..... I guess Nitrous well help your pre spool, I was having a long chat with dusty about the 76mm.. Sounds like an awesome turbo at the later mid to top end.. Ive gone with a larger hotside than you have as im wanting more top end car... Be interested to compare spool times for sure..

looks like anything after 1.65 to 1.7 bar on uk fuel might need water spray, e85 or race gas to go further....

I might go down the nitrous route myself is spool is too bad... Im hoping for at least 8,200 rev limiter on the wangan so should be a good enough power range.

Im not planning on using Nos to spool, this is still 100% street car after all, i have a few tricks for this build that ive learnt and im not giving them away this time, very much looking forward to getting this turbo and engine in.:)

If i decide its to laggy for me ill just keep the 76 for event days such as suprapod and 1 mile events and run my 67 the rest of the time, its a simple swap between the two and a simple upload of a map, i guess i could change over in a couple of hours should i wish.

ive heard quite abit about this car and seen a few videos and ive just read through most of it and all i can say is STUNNING

Thanks very much:)

• 2 weeks later...

No more updates in this thread from now on.

Its getting massive and its impossible to find anything so after speaking with Homer im starting a part 2 thread in a week or so with lots of updates on the new spec, lots of big changes.

Good luck to any mod that fancys cleaning this lot up:D