• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you can send me a link to yours Jon i will upload as well

Ryan

I only have a photo of it. Is that any good?

Cant believe how soon the power comes on.

My T61 with .68 a/r comes on in a very similar way to Gaz1's.

Cant believe how soon the power comes on.

My T61 with .68 a/r comes on in a very similar way to Gaz1's.

I know its mainly the stock cams that are doing it but is anyone else on the board running 4" down/mid pipe?, i read a thread on supraforum that the 4" pipework helps with spool.

I know its mainly the stock cams that are doing it but is anyone else on the board running 4" down/mid pipe?, i read a thread on supraforum that the 4" pipework helps with spool.

I dont think anyone else is.

I dont suppose it helps running a 3" all the way through which is what Gaz and i are now doing.

Interesting that the power figures are lower though... why do you think that is? cams?

edit: just thought i would bang these up to show how much quicker you are spooling than me on a T61 and @ more boost.

Edited by Pig (see edit history)

Interesting that the power figures are lower though... why do you think that is? cams?

Undoubtedly, but you put bigger cams in and that early peak torque figure is going to shift to the right, I quite like the setup its a happy medium, what was the egt's and afr's at WOT?

Yup, with cams im sure it would make 600+bhp but from the look of things at a great expense, im hoping the intake manifold will get me some bigger numbers with out sacrificing spool, wishful thinking maybe but we will know in a couple of weeks.

Yup, with cams im sure it would make 600+bhp but from the look of things at a great expense, im hoping the intake manifold will get me some bigger numbers with out sacrificing spool, wishful thinking maybe but we will know in a couple of weeks.

Would it not be worth trying the 264 exhaust?

(thats my way of saying please experiment)

I certainly wouldnt get rid of the 256 inlet.... in fact looking at it i would be tempted to go back myself if i wasnt figure hunting at the min.

I think Cams and aftermarket intake manifold would give you higher peak power, but your current combo would make for a faster feeling car,

cheers, I was just looking at your first post with the specs of 620-670rwhp on that turbo, seems the US figures really are exaggerated a little.

Yea dynojet dyno's read massively over, there is one at PDQ up the rd from me, might bung it on there for a laugh:d

yep, it does seem to help on what parts to buy and which work better in different applications, I've still got my 100% stock red tt6 at work, I might be looking at going single on that next year and will probably go for a similar setup.