The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Glanza_Mike's Clean White VVTI Supra Project!

Glanza_Mike

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She looks fantastic Mike :cool:

That is bloody lovely!

I love this car! :love:

Looks fantastic!

Thanks guys :)

Im kinda thinking my UK discs are small, wish I had gone bigger on them. Those are lovely mate

Cheers mate, discs are from the Lexus ISF front and rear, they are big but also pretty heavy. I maybe should have tried to get some non OE ones that were lighter.....

That's a beaut mate, can't wait to see it in the flesh! Not sure I should come in mine might be a bit embarrassing! Lol

Thanks Dave :) Hah, not at all! Definitely bring it along if you think they will fit in the car, i love seeing other Supras, it's a very rare thing for me hah I've only seen 2 others on the road since i bought mine :O

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't done all that much to the car this week, i thought i'd be able to fit my new brakes this weekend but they are still in bloody Florida :( Delivery taking ages.

But i have done a little bit of work Today and last night so here it is.........

Although i polished my headlights a few months back and it made a huge difference i still wasn't 100% happy so i decided to remove the drivers one and do a full refurb on it. Started by removing the light.....

And as most of you know by now that follow this thread i'm a complete clean freak with my car so under the headlight got the treatment :D

Here's a before shot of the light:

Popped it in the oven, ruined my fingers it apart and then replaced the inside with another one that i had where the chrome was in much better condition and not flaked at all. I then polished the inside of the light and also the new insert and popped it back in the oven, re-sealed and put some butyl tape on as well to make sure it sealed perfectly.

I then gave the the back of the light a good clean and some trim gel and that came up nice :)

Sanded the light down with wet 800 grit, and then 1500 grit and re-fitted to the car:

Then machine polished the light to get it as near to perfect as i possibly could, spent quite a bit of time doing this as i really wanted a high shine. So i used Meguiars ultimate compound to start several times, then Plast-Rx, then auto-glym polish then Plast-Rx again and finally 2 coats of wax :D

And i'm suupperrrr happy with it now as it looks basically brand new imo No doubt my passenger light will get the treatment soon too.

So if anyone knows where i can get some good chrome finish spray paint that would be excellent!? And also i'm considering fitting a facelift manual speedo cluster to my Tiptronic, as i'd like to use metal monkeys 10k TRD tach, will this simply be a plug and play? Thanks

Edited by Glanza_Mike (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Very nice mate, wheels suit it really well

Thanks mate :)

Nice additions Mike, I love the brakes

Cheers Sunny, got the rears fitted now :)

Haven't got much time for a full update at the minute but i managed to get the rears fitted the other day and they look great :) i've had some metal trimmed from the front ones to allow for easier fitting, i painted them up this morning and they are now ready to install i just hope they clear my wheels they are huuugggeeeee!! :D

Rears all done:

I'll get a proper update done when i have some more time, having a manic week and weekend to come isn't going to be any better haha

Just wondering mike, how much did you pay for the brembo kit?

Mint looking car, unbelievable how clean it is, when you going to do mine? haha :D

Haha, cheers mate, i tell you what, if you can be bothered to drive all the way from Belgium then i'll do it for free :D

The full brembo kit came in at around £2k delivered for front and rear, unbelievable value really. Brand new front calipers + Hawk HPS pads + braided lines, only very slightly used rear calipers with new pads, brand new Lexus IS-F discs all round and includes all bolts and custom fabricated mounts :) although i did get some deals as i was the first international customer, and got lucky on prices, it would cost more if you wanted to import it all now.

The guy i dealt with has been fantastic and saved me hundreds if not thousands of pounds. He runs the Brembo SRT-8 group on Facebook, located in USA, his name is Jacob Innabnit, really helpful and honest guy. Highly recommended. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Brembos.SRT8.Conversions/

(I am in no way affiliated with them btw, just thought his customer service was top notch)

Your car is unreal! Sooo clean...Beautiful mate :thumbs:

Cheers Chris, that's nice of you, i try my best :)

Edited by Glanza_Mike (see edit history)

Well guess what buddy, I'll most likey be in england around august again. Will be in birgming aswel to pick up a mate of mine & then onwards to manchester. Could you pm me a closer point to you? (maybe a district or an address?) Will be looking how much of a detour it'll be :D

Cheers mate

William

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys another quick update, just to let you all know I've finally got the brakes fitted, front and rear :) Had a few problems and had to shave some material off the back of the caliper to clear the lower arm but all is well now. They are fitted and working well :) I do have a bit of a problem with pedal feel but i now just think it's because there is still air somewhere in the system even after bleeding twice. I've got a few tips from some helpful members on here so i'll give that a go this weekend while i'm fitting some other nice parts to be revealed a bit further down this post :)

So here's some pics of the front brakes all done.....

And a quick comparison with the UK ones so you can see just how HUGE these brakes are :cool:

Apart from the brakes I've been busy spending all my hard earned cash on multiple other car related purchases :D I JUST CAN'T HELP MYSELF!!!!

4" Titanium Boost Logic exhaust i bought from Axle after many months of searching (obviously taking a prime spot in the dining room much to the girlfriends amusement) :D

And after reading many truly excellent reviews from the SupraForums and others on Aragosta coilovers i decided to take a stab at buying JackyBois used and knocking ones:

When they arrived:

I then sent them off to AST suspension who actually make the Aragosta units and send them over to Japan for a full rebuild including all new seals and also new pistons to make sure they don't leak again!

When i got them back i stripped the springs off, had them shot blasted and powder coated and i collected them this morning looking fresh as F.... :innocent:

Really happy with the finish and also pleased that i effectively have a £2k suspension set for about £650 and internally they are basically brand new :) Now they are all ready to be installed Saturday morning along with a full brake bleed.