The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The 'I've been to JAE' thread - POST HERE!

Underworld

The weekend was great guys/girls, it was great to catch up with the old faces, and to meet alot of new ones too.

Big thanks to Tom for organising, and to everyone that helped out on the stand, and most importantly to everyone there for being really friendly and for making it the great weekend that it was!

The storm on saturday was bizarre, I ended up getting soaked while holding my tent down, Cheers to Colsoop for helping me sort that out!!

The Saturday night was brilliant, lots of beer and lots of fun. i'd not laughed so much in ages!

Roll on Next years JAE!!:D

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I am really gutted that I was under the impression that you couldn't take dogs as that it is the reason we only came up for 1 day :( Never mind... next year.

Was really good though, nice to see so many supes again and Tom credit to you for the whole event, the BBQ was great.

Just got home.

Wow, what an amazing weekend.

Was really cool meeting everyone (Ed, Rob, Pete and Vicki, RedM, Blackcat, Tigger and Mawby, Katie C and Laz, Ray, Martin and Ian R, Supraloopy, Edd T (sorry forgot to add Mike(Pixelfill) and his lurvely girlfriend Steph and so many more I can't remember) and the atmosphere was great.

The not sleeping much mixed with losing our tent was a bit of a downer but the alcohol soon cleared that up.

Thank you to Rob for being my 'stall buddy' for the day, although his change skills leave a lot to be desired, he obviously didn't play shop as a child. :D

Massive thanks to Ed for lending us his tent, after ours blew away and he sneaked home, lightweight. It didn't smell of bleach too badly, but there was a toilet roll in there. ;)

Also thanks for being my companion whilst Mike was doing the tug of war (will post pics soon) I had such a laugh.

(Still laughing about that user name thing!)

Finally thanks to Tom who did an amazing job (even though I wanted so badly to do something with that megaphone after last night). ;)

Oh and how awesome were those fireworks!! Only slightly dampened by the sight of people puking up Jagermeister. :)

Hi All.. just wanted to say thanks for the breakie consisting of a veggie butty on the Sat morning!

Im Fizz off the TOC (mod) and just wanted to say that it was a great event and your motors were very impressive!

Had a great time..

Cheers

Fizz

excellent day, great to put faces to names, well some any way, i was only there on the sunday so missed the hurricane on the sat afternoon,, bugger!!

the convoy was superb again and have it all on dvd....!! which ive made the wife and baby watch ......... twice!!..

took some nice photos but cant post them yet as i dont have photoshop,, ill do it asap.

thanks to tom and all mods that sorted the day for us, :D :d :D

thanks again

steve.

Just to echo what others have said.. and so tired I can't actually remember my name... *Huge* thanks to Tom and the mods for making the weekend fantastic! we all had an ace time and it was a great atmosphere throughout the whole weekend...

Now a few Thank You's (ahem);

(Most important one!) Laz for rescuing our tent.. mate you are a star! and extra respect for standing in the rain to rescue your own! Nothing like a drama to get people together!

Ray for sorting out air bed and being a top bloke all weekend... get those pics J-Tuner birds up now! and cheers for 'taking us to the semi's' at the Tug of War... we couldn't have done it without you fella! :) We were still laughing at the 'Mike, after reviewing video footage you need to change your technique' thing...!! :D

Ed for lending us his tent... had you been using bleach in there? it smelt a bit odd...?

John K for sorting me a new clock for the car..!

It was really good to put names to faces... pleasure to meet everyone... can't actually get mind in gear at the minute.. will report back when I've had some sleep! with pictures... :)

Well I had a shit weekend. Everyone I met was a boring bastard and the food was crap. Nobody said anything funny and all the people I met were ugly fuckers. The convoy I was in was pathetic and I didn't see any fireworks.

I knew I should have gone to JAE.

Well I had a shit weekend. Everyone I met was a boring bastard and the food was crap. Nobody said anything funny and all the people I met were ugly fuckers. The convoy I was in was pathetic and I didn't see any fireworks.

I knew I should have gone to JAE.

with ur beast of a car u should have definitely gone!!

What a great day :) Nice to meet so many new faces (JB, Rosie, Tom, SimonB, Bobbeh, Mawby, Mr Driver to name but a few...), would really liked to have met a few more of the longer term members but never got the chance. Also nice to see a few of the usual suspects - you know who you are!!

Tom, great job on organising the stand and for your effort throughout the weekend keeping things organised. :respekt:

Superb convoy from south mimms, except for one slow bugger that couldn't find the left lane!

Rosie, I promise to do my best to get things sorted for next weekend... will be in touch soon! :)

Oh and shame about Joe's car (home its nothing serious); easily the nicest there, but shame to see it go home on a low loader :(

Tom (Ahh Aristo) a very big thank you for lending me your t-shirt, towel and sleeping bag after getting extremely soaked, I also would like to thank John K for helping guy down our tent during the storm.

Laz, and all the guy who did the tug of war, Well done for all your efforts, next year bring some sturdy boots as I think we would have had the TOC lads......

Tom (Ahh Aristo) well done all your hard work and effort that went into organising this event. :D

Very good weekend, lovely meeting new faces, Charlotte, Mike, Matt H, Mad Matt..... etc.

Hope you all like the slide show & had a great time at the show Big Thanks to Tom & all the other guy's for Organizing this great event good to see loads of new faces & lot's of old faces

See link below for the 191 Mega Pic's Slide Show

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lui_1966/album?.dir=2860scd&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lui_1966/my_photos

Odd, I thought I'd started this thread?

Hi Michael,

you did start it but then 10 million other people started one as well so I merged the threads. Your post then appeared about half way down the page so looked out of place...so I removed it. Just making sure that everybody keeps to one thread.

JB

Michael, I started to read yours last night, but I do think Branners has merged all of the threads mate.

Well where do I start.

I got home last night at around 9pm. Absolutely shattered, I think I had 14 hours sleep since Thursday morning. Switched on my PC, had a shower (not together), looked at a couple of threads, didn't look at my 12 personal messages (will do some time today) then fell asleep and have just woken up.

Thursday.

Drove from mine to Ray's the Roof's, got there early evening to find a good group of people there and 3 silver Supra's, had a few beers then we walked to a local take away food establishment and bought a 6 meal curry. We walked back to Ray's and after eating it proceeded to drink loads of beer and a bottle of Gin (from Germany), Colsoop but on Toyko Drift and we wached it whilst falling asleep. A Big thanks to Ray for allowing us to stay at his place and set the scene for JAE

Friday

Thanks to Colsoop, who in the middle of the night woke up and drove home for some stuff (3am), and then as he was washing his car at 5am managed to accidently wake up a couple of us (including me) and this set the theme for lack of sleep weekend. When Ray arose later (much later) on came the Bacon butties and car washing duties.

I was going to drive to JAE early and start setting up, but thought hell I'll go with the other guys and have a little fun all of the way. So we waited at Ray's for the others.

We had of course 3 Silvers and the Aristo.

At 11am the 1st convoyee's arrived, 3 Black, 1 Blue and 3 more Silver. 20 mins later Sarahjon arrived in yes you guessed it 1 more silver.

So we had 7 Silver, 3 Black, 1 Blue and the Aristo (Green). We then went off to Stafford town centre and fuelled up and off we went. Decision was made to stay in convoy but have some fun all of the way. Especially as we went through the M6 Toll, so plenty of chase scenes. We even managed to pick up a lost lady in her scooby and show her te way down. She will probably be looking for us all next year, and is welcome to join in the fun.

After a long journey, which Ray said would be about 1 hour 45 mins ish (was over 3 1/2 hours as traffic sucked. We got to JAE

Looked at the plot and the Marquee was massive. There were a couple of Cars there and some nice person had plugged in the first fridge.

We decided to just park the cars for now in a line and arrange later.

Colsoop as ever was itching to do some thing, grabbed some tools, then the 3 boxes the BBQ came in and started building it. We stocked the fridges as best we could with what we had and Pete's who are you started. (I had mentioned b4 to Branners that we needed some sort of name system, but it was just something I forgot sorry:( )

Soon the BBQ was build, tents were up and people were milling around having a couple of cold ones. The Projector was wired in (Shovels / Colsoop) and ready for the night time.

Around 3.30 ish off we went to Bookers for the 1st time for some provisions, (kindly assisted by Ken (from TOC's) sat nav.

We bought, some more beers obviously, 8 Cases of Coke (Full fat & Zero), 2 cases of water, 2 boxes of burgers, 2 boxes of sausages, 3 packs of bacon, loads of buns, some lemonade, some orange juice, some plastic cutlery and some ice....

We then went back to JAE.

This is where it begins............................

1stly thanks to Jim_supra for working out the costs for the food / drinks, this set the prices for the weekend.

On the BBQ for most of the 1st night and saturday was both of the Ians and their ladies, Ross and his, Brian M, the list goes on. Reason being guys everyone worked their socks off on the food side.

Friday night went as we thought as everyone chatted etc and introduced them selves. I had no tent for the weekend as I had decided to sleep in the marquee, so closed it all down around 1am closed and zipped the tent openings and drifted off to a snoring sleep.

Saturday

Woke up about 5am, still tired but knew the redbull would be open soon.

As we had used quite a few bread rolls I went looking for a Tesco's and purchased 192 bread rolls and some vegitarian foods.

Started the BBQ off at 6, after telling everyone it would be a 8am start. The cooking smells soon woke up people and we did a roaring trade in bacon / sausage or combo version butties. We had re-stocked the fridges last night so everything was cold in the morning.

By lunchtime the number of cars was swelling and we needed to start looking at moving them, we said we would do it at 5, but when we saw the clouds apporaching, thought we would try to do it earlier.

Thanks to a nice man who gave me an Electric Loudhaler (which was well used) we started to move people around. Whilst doing this we were videoed by a TV company moving the cars and whilst doing so I was asked various questions.

Then we had the by now documented Gale Storm. I have heard of loads of tents blowing away. and others have gone on about that as well.

Everyone who said they would sponsor Ray for his streak Sunday morning will be expected to pay as he did it in the Rain Saturday.

Saturday night was an orgy of drinking. the Good Times ------ Always toasts started, and Ian R and I had a few large Jasgermeister & Redbulls, followed by large Gins (Sorry Pete), and then some rewally strange concoctions by the guys with Don from newcastle, it was a killer I tell you. Ian R threw up during the drinking festivities and some one has photo's some where. Around 1ish I was fooked so just lay on my bed and went to sleep snoring loudly but thanks to all who left me :D

Sunday

Last day, :( , as usual Cornimac:search: was no where to be seen and we were setting up the stand.

A load of the guys then volunteered for jobs, cooking, positioning cars etc.

At around 10 am the Convoy arrived and the stand started to take shape. I personally think it looked amazing, and we will see when we see Shovel's (Neal) pictures.

The video guy came back and shot a completed run and asked some more questions.

Ray looked after the Tug of War and we were knocked out in the Semi Finals by TOC, who won it again.

We did a Rev @ Noon, and Ray was busy elsewhere, it did sound good though.

The day drifted away for me as I was completely and utterly shattered.

We awarded the club tropies.

good winners, Gamer (Joe I hope she is ok mate, please keep us informed), Gaz (3 hours for window tints????) and Pixiefil (Spelling)

BEST IN SHOW, was SIDC (scooby drivers...............)

THANKS YOU'S

I have named a few and will start this with a couple of others.

Neal and his missus, (Shovels) he took all of the photo's for the club for the weekend.

All the cooking teams, spot on guys thanks for keeping us fed and watered throughtout the weekend

Ray's the Roof, still a star to the end for helping everyone to laugh all weekend.

Lastly, you guys, I have read on here well done to Tom, well done to the Mods, we only brought this together.

I think this weekend was the best JAE I have been to (only been to the last 3) because we all workedto make this a big success.

We all travelled for the event, some from Belgium, some from Scotland, Englad and Wales, but we all traveeled because of our friendship and our love for the Cars.

Those that missed Friday / Saturday night we might see you those next year?

SO well done all, me over for now as I am going back to other jobs.

FOR INFO

We sold £308 worth of club merchandise.

And I am just counting the other money for a final figure, will post that in a mo.

Cheers guys

Tom

Sorry i didnt get to meet most of you guys, i was there all weekend but was with family etc so couldnt really spend time on any stands, plus i was drunk most the weekend lol

Did have a quick chat with Ahh Aristo and Jurgen and would have liked a chat with Jamiep to sort this little race out ;)

Was also a big mistake taking to Jurgen on his stand as i ended up buying a private plate off the R34 skyline as it was my surname!! so a pretty cheap weekend ended up costing me a fortune lol

Anyway looked a great stand and your facilities looked fantastic and hopefully will get to use them next time :)

Mike

Thanks for a great weekend :)

respect to Tom and everybody that helped make the event run so smoothly including all that cooked, served food, re-supplied the food etc..

Thanks to everybody thats made the day(s) so entertaining.

Charlotte will confirm I'm rubbish with names so I won't mention everbody body but thanks to Pete, Vicky, Charlotte, Mike, Steve, Edd, Pixelfix, RedM, Ian, Rob, Ray, Colin (shuush don't laugh Charlotte) and everybody else that attended the show. Also good (although I didn't say much) to see a few mods.

The storm was a PITA and I thought the convoy was great fun.

Steve, did you manage to rescue the dvd?

well done club.

Ah - a fresh new day at work...what a fantastic, quiet, warm, comfortable nights sleep I've just had.

I was amazed by the unfeasable number of burgers and sausages that were eaten! Do we have a final count? It must've been 4-500?

I'm going to have to eat lettuce all week after a solid weekend of nothing but meat :D

superb day, met some new faces and saw some old ones too, My car was on the opie oils stand and so i was a little gutted to have missed out on the overall experiance on the mkiv stand, i did visit the the stand and look around and had a chat with some of you guys but the still missed out on the photo with all you guys:(

as any have said the convoy was fun, has anybody mentionrd the colour of he slow car on the outside lane that held so many cars to break up the convoy:rolleyes: