The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The 'I've been to JAE' thread - POST HERE!

Underworld

Well, firstly a BIG thanks to the organiser Tom for his hard work both before the event and during too.

The friday and saturday nights were fun, not least with Ray and Tom getting totally inebriated! Hurrah for drunk forum mods :D

The red hot days were great, and the sight of loads of Supras aranged in colour order was unique.

As others have said, it was good to both put names to faces and also to meet a few brand new faces (those people know who they are, and they made my weekend that bit more enjoyable :))

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got to say a massive thanks to Tom the main man. The stand would have fallen apart without him. But he had others helping him which made his job easier so thanks to you guys too :cool:

The stand was amazing, Im very shocked that we didnt win best stand! Always next year i guess.

Also a massive thamks to Robsheffield + others who covered my car with a tent as i accidently left my windows open while i went to rescue my tent from being blown away! I owe you one!! Only damage was a wet/broken PS2 controller (hopefully will work when its dry) and the rest has dried now.

Many thanks for all the kind comments on the car and the new wheels. Much appreciated :cool:

Spoke to loads of you and met a few new faces as well as old ones and you all made my g/f feel welcome. She wants to go back next year!

Sat and the big storm! Wow!! As i said earlier my tent almost blew away! It was very weird and spooky - blazing hot Sun, then a big cloud in the distance, as soon as the cloud was over us the wind started. No small gusts just full gale force winds!! Got a good pic just minutes before it started.....

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/3439/pdr0545me4.jpg

Got a few other pics. Will post them once ive got them all hosted.

Thanks again and roll on next year!!!!

After a 200 mile trip on sat morning with only 3hrs kip and a nasty hangover I somehow got to JAE. The Supe was filthy and I had forgot the bucket an sponge so thanks to the lad who let me borrow his cleaning bits an pieces.

......After sweating like a pig in the blazing heat trying to clean the Supe I decided to go have a wander round the trade stands. 5 mins later this storm appeared so I had 2 go save the tent instead and getting soaked through, eyes stinging from hale stones and smelling like a wet dog! I parked back up at the Supra stand and dryed off in the club tent and then went for some tea after the rain had eased.

......come Sun morning I thought I would go move the Supe into the set formation for the club and it wouldn't crack up! I've never had this problem before and the battery was still indicating that it was fully charged. (I didn't leave my lights on either!) A call out was made by Tom for some jump leads and a lad had luckily brought some, so thanks very much to you both which saved the day!.....and thanks goes out to Mr. Driver who pulled his Silver Supe up to bring mine back to life!

......Apart from that it was a good weekend!:D

Well we didn't have time to make it to JAE today but we did go down on Friday night and stayed over for Saturday.

First off, I think a BIG Thankyou needs to be said to Tom (Ahh Aristo) and everyone else that helped make the club stand as good as it was. When we finally arrived on Friday night the Curry's had just been delivered and were redhot, good food too. Everyone was so relax, well almost everyone , and the night went well.

Rob Sheffield was good enough to take us to the local Tesco's to get some more beer and some chairs to sit on as we had forgotten ours, doh! This turned out to be an interesting trip as we managed to end up heading South on the A1M for a short while This was made more interesting by the fact that I had my fuel reserve light on when we left the Show Ground and was desperate for fuel. Thankfully we found Tesco's in time for fuel and for Rob to reconnect his headlight that had stopped working.

Friday night was good, the beers flowed nicely and the atmospher was good. With 2 6' fridges now fully stocked and keeping the important stuff cool on came the films for the night. FF3 - Tokyo Drift was our first film of the night but sadly only half the film worked. This was followed by some Texas Supra DVD, I think supplied by the guys at Envy? Quite interesting to watch, 1000bhp+ Supra's street racing, drag racing and on the rollers proving there power to each other

Saturday morning came round too quickly for me, too much beer and not enough sleep but hey thats what Shows are about. Not long after waking the BBQ was lit and breakfast was being cooked by fellow club members. Part way through this we were greeted by our first Thunderstorm of the day. It didn't last too lng at all and soon the sun was back out and drying everything off nicely. The trun out of cars for Saturday was quite impressive with over 50 cars on the club stand. Throughout the day different club members did there bit to help out with the cooking and selling of cold drinks and merchandise. Hot food was served on and off throughout the day and was a quarter of the price of anywhere else on the Show Ground. Tom was seen to try a bit of bribury with the JAE organisors through out the day too by offering them burgers and cold drinks, hope it work for us mate

Saturday afternoon saw the skies slowly turn darker and just as Tom was in the middle of trying to organise the layout of all the cars the heavens opened!!! I have never seen a storm like it before, extremely strong winds, heavy rain and thunder/lightening. There were marque's, tents and gazebo's flying every where and alot of drenched people. Luckly for us the club had a rather large Marque for us all to hide in and take shelter. A few club members were outside trying to hold there tents down and stop them from flying away in the storm. Unfortunatly someone from the club had left windows down on there car and couldn't be found, I believe someone from the forum went and put there tent over the top of there car to try and stop it getting as wet, hope this helped abit? Entertainment was still at hand as Ray decided to strip off to a thong and go running off round the field infront of the club stand!!! Gladly I was at the back of the marque and couldn't see this site, but I am guessing plenty of people took pics ready for the club website???!!! Shortly after this we made our way back home to Nottingham as we had to start packing and sorting things out ready to go on holiday tonight. We hope that once the storm blew over that normality was re-gained and the rest of the weekend went great for you all.

We had a great time whilst we were there and can't wait until the next show. Really missing my Supra now, but glad to see it being cared for so well, cheers Matt

Thanks to everyone that helped out whilst we were there and for everyone being so easy to get on with. Good to meet everyone and finally put some more faces to names. After spending the last 7 years owning a Show car of some kind or other and attending most shows, this has got to be the best laid out and organised I have ever been too, a credit to ALL club memebers.

I passed a small group of convoy from Bramptom and tried to catch up with the rest. I was doing at least 100mph all the way (even up to 120) and still didn't catch up with anyone so they must have been going for it.

I was with the front pack all the way up .... but the reason the convoy didn't work as planned I think was that the Speed was just too quick which is why the group got split up so quickly out of Miimms

But I was in a NA so very impressed with myself that i kept up with you TT Boys... :p .........which i thought was good especially with the extra drag of my Veilside... ha ha ( before anyone makes the comments)

I'll rub salt in the wounds here

Watford to South mimms

South Mimms to Peterborough ( we know the speed guys)

Peterborough to Watford

180miles just over 1/4 tank:yahoo:

Good job there was plenty of Fuel stations on the A1 for you TT Boys aye!!! :p

Great meeting lots of people again this year, sadly still lots of people I didn't get to talk to today. Having had about 3 hours sleep on Fri and Sat and far too pi$$ed last night I wasn't terribly social today so apologies for that.

I really didn't intend to drink as much as I did last night and hate myself for it. I'll blame Tom feeding me the Bombay Sapphire - ended up with three tumblers full of the stuff (with some mixer).

Me (+vicki), Jim, LeeT and Dino (mkiii) went for a club social relationship building exercise by visiting as many other clubs that were still alive at gone midnight to say hello and generally be friendly. This led us to the FTO club (amongst others) who were playing a novel drinking game which involved lots of (simple, but well beyond my mental abilities by this point) maths and us getting it wrong a lot and having to down horrible drinks like Absynth, JD and that jaegermeister cough medicine stuff. Worst thing was they wouldn't allow us to leave without finishing the game!! They were pure evil.

We wandered back to the mkiii tent with a few FTO guys in tow. Incidenly this is where LeeT was found asleep in the morning after a large scale search party instigated by his worried wife by the JAE staff scouring all club stands for "A guy that's most likely passed out and doesn't belong there". :rlol:

At some point we also found a poor lady very upset and lost because she'd lost her club stand and hadn't got any food for them (the mission she was on). I gave her my bumper bag of Walkers mixed variety crips and led her back to the mkiii club. Poor lass was beside herself with worry.

I think I ended up getting into a 'discussion' with a security chap who was rapidly deciding wether or not to throw me off the campus for some reason. :rolleyes:

My memory has holes in it with the odd thing phasing in and out. What else did I end up doing that I forgot? (Maybe it's best left forgotten).

I'm sure I probably upset lots of people again talking utter bollocks, I hope they realise it was just the drink. :rolleyes:

I think it was SupraLoopy who eventually told me to go to bed as we were making too much noise - sound advice which I promptly took (sorry about that).

It's great to be home though and have a proper creature comforts, I'm not a camping man as many may have heard me colourfully exlaim!

The slow and steady drive home wasn't nice with three regular stops for coffee and a period of sleep at a service station. I swear I was halucinating voices at one point.

I've just had to re-erect the tent to dry it out, there were puddles of water in there following the storm, not that this prevented me from falling into a comatose sleep within seconds.

I know Ray and IanR have their own amusing story tell involving a heady cocktail mix, a drinking race, a bucket and with Ray flat on his back in the stadium at risk of being sent into space along with the fireworks unless he moved!

Sorry to hear the tango mobile died after some revving of the engine and had to be towed :( Hope it's nothing serious Joe.

Got to agree with everything everyone's said. This was our first club event and it was a bit daunting on the Friday night but a certain few people (you know who u r!) made us feel really welcome and it ended up being a fantastic weekend!!

A massive thank you to Tom for working his ass off to make it into the weekend it was and to Shytot, if it hadn't been for you we'd all have starved - thank you!! [GRIN][/GRIN]

We will definitely be making the effort to come to more of the meets and hopefully be able to put more faces to names.

Roll on next year!

I was with the front pack all the way up .... but the reason the convoy didn't work as planned I think was that the Speed was just too quick which is why the group got split up so quickly out of Miimms

But I was in a NA so very impressed with myself that i kept up with you TT Boys... :p .........which i thought was good especially with the extra drag of my Veilside... ha ha ( before anyone makes the comments)

I'll rub salt in the wounds here

Watford to South mimms

South Mimms to Peterborough ( we know the speed guys)

Peterborough to Watford

180miles just over 1/4 tank:yahoo:

Good job there was plenty of Fuel stations on the A1 for you TT Boys aye!!! :p

I think we have the problem right there...I was at the front of the pack and didnt see a silver Veilside with us. Im also being told that one car in particular was driving slowly and people couldnt get past.

I have run many convoys in the past and start out at 40mph, build up to 50mph, then 60mph and finally 75mph and not much more. I did 50mph all the way to Hatfield, easily enough for people to catch up.

Never had this problem before so I need to find out who that car might have been so I can have a word.

JB

I swear I was halucinating voices at one point.

That's so weird Pete, on my journey home I could hear Tom speaking! I kept checking my phone to see if it was that, then I actually stopped the car and rooted through it to see if someone had left a walkie-talkie in it!:D

I was only able to be there Friday and Saturday, but what an excellent time, light and sound show was good ;)

Big :respekt: goes to Tom - Superb job mate and not at all stressed ;)

Curry run: 10 out of 10

Providing knifes & forks for plebs like me who forgot: 11 out of 10

HUGE marquee: 12 out of 10 when it was blowing a gale!!!

Hopefully no serious after effects from my sausage cooking for Saturday morning breakfast.

Unfortunately as well as forgetting cutlery, I also forgot my camera, so I have phone shots only - which I'll get up here tomorrow.

So good to meet everyone old faces as well as new, totally gutted that I couldn't join the Sunday convoy and be part of the final club line up - looks impressive - one more black sup would probably spoilt it though :p

TBH, I only saw 6 or 7 Supras following you Branners, then as we got deep into 4 lane territory of the A1 everyone seemed to have caught up and flew past! :) Oh well, theres always next year :)

But look on the bright side, at least the cop in the Range Rover didnyt have a go at us for driving so slowly :D

Just been for a much needed shower and remembered some more.

It was a good weekend for getting lost. My helpfulness led me to vountering to get new supplies for the stand (it's amazing how much water, baps and beer you can fit on the rear seat of a Supra). I was leaving for Tesco at 12:45 and had to get back at 14:00 for the show and shine judging - no problem you'd think seeing as Tesco Extra is "only 10 mins up the road".

Not the bleeding road I went up it wasn't! I went flying up the A1 in the wrong direction and had to travel for 20 mins before I could turn around, to travel 20 mins back...all the time me worrying that I wouldn't be back in time to judge! I HAD to come back with the stuff otherwise I'd feel a complete plonker, so I drove even further in the wrong direction trying in vein to follow the Tesco logos that were so tantalisingly displayed on the screen....but not getting any closer. Eventually I turned it off and followed my instincts. One mad trolly dash round Tesco later (and several casualties from being mowed down by a VERY heavy trolly with more intertia than I had strength to steer!) and I managed to just get back at 14:10. Phew!

Then the judging started sadly lasting for hours with the added complication of the storm and a trip back to deposit Vicki in the tent so it didn't fly off to Oz. This meant I missed my stand cooking duties (Really, really sorry Pixelfill and partner!) I think I also missed my Sunday slot too, but there was no way I could go near those burgers in the state I was in. Perhaps re-inheriting my "trouble maker" label in the process?

I'll certainly not forget Burnas hilarious "Bouncy" Knowles dance routine in his headlights (coming to a PC screen near you soon! ;) ) Fantastic!

I had a really perverse sense of enjoyment using the MegaPhone to get everyone awake and out their tents on time this morning :D (Tom wasn't too good in bed with his voice was all but gone)

I'm soo looking forward to my bed now - good night!

Im not sure what happened with the convoy this year, it kept breaking up. I kept to 75mph at the most and people just kept dropping back. That meant they either missed Brampton or went off at J17 for the showground and not J18 as we were supposed to.

JB

Unfortunately our convoy from Brampton Services took a wrong turn, and by the time we go back onto the A1 everyone who was originally ahead was a vague speck in the distance. Therefore we had to put a little power down to catch up.

Big thanks to Tom and the organisers for making JAE a memorable event. I have had comments from people who were other club stands saying that they thought JAE was crap. Just goes to show that thanks to all the hard work put in and everyones support - the weekend, I felt, was a success. :thumbs:

It was an enjoyable day. Personally, the convoy was an anti-climax but it was nice to put faces to a few names. Ed, Charlotte, Mike, Jezzybabes, Trick152 and many more than alcohol prevents me from remembering.

Lots of nice cars although the place was huge. Wandering to some of the further reaches was tiring in the heat and a little depressing. Areas packed full of clubs such as the One-legged Impreza owners club, the We're all called Nige and have white Skylines stand and mikvsupras.co.uk!

It's probably true that the event is so much more fun if you camp there. I didn't but it was still good.

Suggestion for next year: compulsory name tags.

I got back to a baby with very swollen eyes and very hot and grisley:(

We have just managed to get her down after doseing her up with calpol and we'll what happens tomorrow.

But thatnk you tom for a good weekend and to all the peeps i met and did'nt:rolleyes: . Will sort out pics soon as..well done chaps.

P.s still laughing randomly about things that happend after the storm:d

I was there but parked up over on the celica-club stand with my brother-in-law's Starlet as well!

I meant to wander over and say 'hi' but chickened out, feeling too shy/embarassed!:blush:

Wonderful stand though, really very impressive!