The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The 'I've been to JAE' thread - POST HERE!

Underworld

Firstly thanks to Tom for organising you did an excellent job.

You can breath and relax again now ;) :D

Also to all the guys and gals who worked on the stand, i didn't get food poisoning so well done :p

Well done to Ray for keeping up the tradition of inter club relations :innocent: , what club was she from Ray ?

also for making dave (supraloopy) fall on the floor crying with laughter at the thought of you getting it on in the arena with fireworks going off around you. :D

Im sorry i didn't meet more people, my club shirt got wet in that lovely storm so i was less easy to identify, and on the sunday i was very tired and the sun had taken its toll so i was feeling a little less sociable. :(

One last thing, Dave (supraloopy) where are those pics ! :eyebrows:

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys - the convoy video is on its way!

I got some excellent footage of the Hatfield Tunnel run - thanks to everyone who performed for that.

Got video of just about everyone leaving Brampton - I think I counted 52 cars! What a laugh the 4-lane section of the A1M was! Madness

Fantastic weekend and glad we made the trip down.

Know a lot have said this already...but what the hell...1 more wont kill you...Well done Tom and everyone else for putting this together.

It would good meeting up with some new and old faces.

Highlights:

Marquee & Grub

What a set-up and well organised. Job well done to Tom & Co.

Megaphone

Everytime I hear a horn I've now been conditioned to stop and listen for the announcement! ;-)

Storm Saturday

A big thank you to the guys that helped me get my tent back up during the downpour

A nutta running round in a thong during the worst of the rain! :-)

Fireworks

Convoy on Sunday

Got to be the slowest I've seen a Supra driven on a motorway - wasn't sure what the driver was doing - eventually decided he had fallen asleep and joined up with the front runners! :-)

Fun! Fun! Fun! What a sight to see all the lanes filled with Supras...doing what Supras do best!

Line-Up

Bloody impressive to see all that colour co-ordination on Sunday - how the hell didn't we win?!?

And last but not least Ray posing with one of the models in front of a Supra...can't wait to see that pic getting posted!! :-)

Only complaint I have is regarding the trade stands...they don't cater for our club members...nothing to buy like some nice bling items!

Thanks again Tom. Good idea re: name badges for other events!

See you all at the next event

AWESOME!!

All i can say is i had an amazing weekend, dont want to mention names cos i met far to many people, but you know who you are!!!!

Big thanks to various people tho, you also know who you are!! especially my steering wheel!!!

I will mention one name tho...... Ray, legend mate................................ But you do need a new CD!!!!!

Felt really guted on the way home cos it was all over... oh and extremely tired........

Yeah, lets get those photos up people, and that Video of the drag race on the motorway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JAE WAS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just about sobered up now. The weekend has flown by! But what a weekend. My first JAE and thoroughly enjoyed it. Big thanks to Tom for the organisation, why we didnt win best stand I dont know!?

Highlights for me: Saturdays Storm, Saturdays Lager session from 3pm! Burna's 'Bouncy' knowles, Sundays Convoy and the mkiv Supra Tug of War.

Great to meet some old faces and some new, just a big thanks to Burna - for your comedy - love you mate! ;) - Rays the roof for his tireless efforts to get every girlie model on his car! - looking forward to the photo's, LeeT for Saturday Nights drinking and Sunday mornings Hangover!

Great to see you all, looking forward to next years JAE! Thanks to everyone :)

I think we have the problem right there...I was at the front of the pack and didnt see a silver Veilside with us. Im also being told that one car in particular was driving slowly and people couldnt get past.

I have run many convoys in the past and start out at 40mph, build up to 50mph, then 60mph and finally 75mph and not much more. I did 50mph all the way to Hatfield, easily enough for people to catch up.

Never had this problem before so I need to find out who that car might have been so I can have a word.

JB

HA HA.....

Was Not me holding up the convoy in my NA i think it was all the TT Boys having to keep stopping for fuel !!!! HA HA

Great day........... really looking forward to seeing the video

Guest Rays the roof

My highlights, or basically what I can remember.

Thursday – got drunk at my place, thanks for the Gin Tom and prepared for the event.

Friday am – crept down stairs at 6am, trying not to wake anyone, only to find Col and Ian outside washing their cars and Tom on the tinternet!!!

Muscrat guys came down and it was great to see all the cars blocking off the whole of my street. Convoy then took place and despite half the tail enders thinking Peterborough was across the M42 (LOL, nice detour guys) made it in one piece….

PM – chilled evening, few beers and made it to my tent only to realise I had left all bedding at home, so slept in the car!!!

Sat – dear oh dear, the slippery slope had started. Only mention my run once (thanks for the edit COL). But those who sponsored me, see the thread to pay please. Then few more beers and two very strong G & T’s down in one and the fateful stadium were revisited. One of the organisers said if I didn’t move I was to become part of the display…. Then it all went blank!!

Sun – Fantastic tug of war! Shame we drew the best team in the semi…. Then decided to miss A14 turn off from A1 and went to Birmingham via Worksop!!! (sorry Col, Ian and Matt).

Thanks to Col and Ian for looking after me when drunk, though ar*e is a little tender for some reason, to Matt my apprentice for being as mad as I am and a fellow sexual deviant, and everyone else for making our club the best by far…..

Finally, to TOM, though at times a tad stressed, for putting in 110% effort every second and making this years event another to remember. Thanks Tom!! :cool:

Friday am – crept down stairs at 6am, trying not to wake anyone, only to find Col and Ian outside washing their cars and Tom on the tinternet!!!

Finally, to TOM, though at times a tad stressed, for putting in 110% effort every second and making this years event another to remember. Thanks Tom!! :cool:

your welcome mate, don't know how we lost best stand but the setting up and pictures are awesome.

i enjoyed the whole weekend and feel a little down cos I wanted to get in the running for best stand. I was told by claire it was down to 4 and they picked SIDC from those 4!!

Tom, don't worry about the stand mate, we have no idea what they were looking for... it was certainly the best for members but if that wasn't one of their criteria then we wouldn't have scored anything for it. Members enjoyed the weekend and thats the most important thing, and we raised loads of money for charity!

Great to meet some old faces and some new, just a big thanks to Burna - for your comedy - love you mate! ;) - Rays the roof for his tireless efforts to get every girlie model on his car! - looking forward to the photo's, LeeT for Saturday Nights drinking and Sunday mornings Hangover!

MY pleasure:D Me and Deano went and had some social drinks with all the other car clubs later on. I think Deano passed out about 2am and all i remember is being woken up on the mk3 stand by the mrs at 6.30 after she had been out looking for me all night:innocent:

my first time at jae, and i really enjoyed it, pissed both nights but still, big thanks to tom fantastic job he did, he even woke me up early by emptying out a bucket full of emptys in the dustbin nmext to my tent:D polished the car 3 times because of the damn rain but still great weekend