The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The 'I've been to JAE' thread - POST HERE!

Underworld

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

was a great weekend. Was niced to catchup with a few of you. Me and the mrs was judging toyota so it was a shame I was not given ANY supras to judge on :-(

Oh nice to see branners motor too. De-spoilerd looked nice. Will check out under the hood if I manage to come to TOTB

I had a great time this weekend. Very nice to put some more names to faces and have some good laughs with all the guys and girls. ;)

Thanks for the award... Although it should have read: 'Best modified car to leave on a low-loader' :D

I finally made it home at midnight after they first sent the wrong kind of low loader (the monkey they sent tried to give it a go anyway and damaged my front nose a bit with some hairline cracks) so I had to wait another 2 hours for a proper one to come but I finally got home in the end.

Big thanks to all who helped me trying to get the beast going again. I will be having the car taken to Owen developments a.s.a.p. to diagnose what the issue is.

Massive thanks to Lee (Burt) for becoming my passenger and arranging the AA transport. Your a star mate, I owe you a big fat wet kiss. :p

Apart from my car dying (which I was not too fussed about) I had a great weekend and I am looking forward to the next one.

I think we have the problem right there...I was at the front of the pack and didnt see a silver Veilside with us. Im also being told that one car in particular was driving slowly and people couldnt get past.

I have run many convoys in the past and start out at 40mph, build up to 50mph, then 60mph and finally 75mph and not much more. I did 50mph all the way to Hatfield, easily enough for people to catch up.

Never had this problem before so I need to find out who that car might have been so I can have a word.

JB

I was with Lui ( a couple of cars behind) most of the way up to Brampton and then behind a lovely grey Veilside Supra

All went pearshaped after Brampton though, and confusion at the showground turn off

But great convoy ... great laugh ...

Woohoo, Saturday was soooo cool. :)

Nice to meet all the people I met, if that makes sense. Not that I met many! lol. But was good anyway :)

Was cool to meet Edd, Mike, Charlotte :) Funny to see John (PIG) run in looking like a drowned rat.

Show and shine was cool too, gotta say that GAZ's car with the new paintjob looked the nuts :)

When I ran to my car during the rain, a branch from the tree I had parked under had narrowly missed falling on the back of the car, i was running round it in the rain looking for dents or scratches! lol

Guest gzaerojon
I had a great time this weekend. Very nice to put some more names to faces and have some good laughs with all the guys and girls. ;)

Thanks for the award... Although it should have read: 'Best modified car to leave on a low-loader' :D

I finally made it home at midnight after they first sent the wrong kind of low loader (the monkey they sent tried to give it a go anyway and damaged my front nose a bit with some hairline cracks) so I had to wait another 2 hours for a proper one to come but I finally got home in the end.

Big thanks to all who helped me trying to get the beast going again. I will be having the car taken to Owen developments a.s.a.p. to diagnose what the issue is.

Massive thanks to Lee (Burt) for becoming my passenger and arranging the AA transport. Your a star mate, I owe you a big fat wet kiss. :p

Apart from my car dying (which I was not too fussed about) I had a great weekend and I am looking forward to the next one.

Hi mate, what time did you get home in the end? hope you get the car sorted soon and that its something simple

nice to meet you :)

jon

I definately enjoyed the show, but most of all the drive up there. Ok the convoy got a bit broken up but with people leaving the services when others are in the loo, or taking kids to the loo, or you are trying to help your disabled passenger into your car, I think it was bound to break up.

Anyway, I was just pleased to have my car back after five months and be mobile again. This made all the more special for being on a great stand with nice people, old and new faces.

Thanks to Ian, Chris, Adam and James at Rebas Systems for fixing my car, riddled with problems, in such short time when they had loads of other work on. Without them I wouldnt have been there. Ian even followed the convoy behind me to make sure everything was ok and packed tools and laptop just incase they were needed. Check them out. Cheers guys.

Grand day out indeed, thanks to all involved.

Did anyone get a photo of the ginger stick girl that was posing with the big pink van thing on Saturday at Show and Shine?

Holly (my GF) said the image of that girl will haunt her for ever! so it would be great if I could send her a pic so she never forgets! lol

It was my first JAE and definately not my last!

I got home last night and transferred my passengers' camcorder recordings of the convoy up from Thurrock/South Mimms/Brampton onto a dvd, (although a bit bumpy and shaky) was great to see and hear through the Hatfield Tunnel. Also had the camcorder on my car roof when we did the revs on sunday, great noise with the tv turned up!!

Havent got up so early in a long time, felt like 5pm when it was only midday!!

Big thanks to all the organisers and members helping out on the food, merchandise etc :)

Did anyone get a photo of the ginger stick girl that was posing with the big pink van thing on Saturday at Show and Shine?

Holly (my GF) said the image of that girl will haunt her for ever! so it would be great if I could send her a pic so she never forgets! lol

Here she is....

Also if you think we had it bad at JAE, here is a shot taken from Billing (the old venue)...

Stick girl.jpg

billing.jpg

I had a great w'end, even if i did get too pissed and felt uncapable of talking to most people! :) sunday was all a blure, and i apologise for missing the tug of war after putting my name down but i was being sick 30 mins before it started and was not feeling good at all.

Shame about the weather on saturday, but to hell with it, it was a bloody good w'end over all.

My God there were some horrendous ones there this year!!

Great (long) weekend...

Thanks to Lui for organising a great nights karting at Daytona, Milton Keynes, brilliant evening...

Just could'nt belive how fast the top three / four were, incredibly frustrating to take ten minutes to overtake a fast guy only to spin and watch him (and two / three others) go by...!

JAE was great, although still have back ache from the camping and ear ache from the megaphone !

As usual, great bunch of people, some lovely cars and (mostly) warm weather.

Pity more of you didn't get to see our mighty Tug-of-War team - great effort...

Thanx to our customers when we did our stint at the barby, no one complained that the burgers were burned or bacon was black !

Great weekend chaps....

G & S

Saturday night was an orgy of drinking. the Good Times ------ Always toasts started, and Ian R and I had a few large Jasgermeister & Redbulls, followed by large Gins (Sorry Pete), and then some rewally strange concoctions by the guys with Don from newcastle, it was a killer I tell you. Ian R threw up during the drinking festivities and some one has photo's some where. Around 1ish I was fooked so just lay on my bed and went to sleep snoring loudly but thanks to all who left me :D

Ah yes first time in a long time. Not the first time and won't be the last we have had a few drinking festivities eh Tom :D.

A made a decision for a "controlled" alcohol jetisun when the Geordie guy told me It was a 7 Spirit coctail and I would not be walking after it and to top it of Ray and I followed it with a triple Gin.

So of I disappear around the side of the marquee and stick the fingers down the throat and I thought I was out of view of everyone. Then someone passed me a bucket and camera flashes are kicking off.

After I was feeling great so onto phase 2 :) .

Ray however decided he wanted to keep his and it had the effect it was designed for when Col and I carried his "corpse" over to his tent when he collapsed and was well out of it. Apparently Ray then parted with his drink.

But we weren't the only two were we Tom :) First time in ten years and on Sun morning you were yacking into the wheelie bin at the side if the marquee and I got you some water and away you went back to the organising.

Great event Tom nice one

Oh and

GOOD TIMES "ALWAYS":)

She was very white!

It was funny as I had to judge that vehicle and after parking it up she kinda draped herself across the passenger seat to look 'sexy'. In fact there were a few tried that, but I'm not one to get swayed or distracted by a bit of naked flesh flashed at me!

First time in ten years and on Sun morning you were yacking into the wheelie bin at the side if the marquee and I got you some water and away you went back to the organising.

Oh yes - I forgot about that! :rlol:

Better out than in.

Hi guys,

Got back safe and well last night, back at home for midnight. Best night sleep I ever had I think.

Absolutely shattered would just about cover it, lost 5lbs in weight over the course of weekend.

Tom organised one hell of stand, and although I didn't see the SIDC stand we all know who the winner should have been.

That storm, my god, that nearly destroyed everything. The trader behind us reckon it cost him £4-5k in damage.

Saturday night, that absolutely rocked, lots of jolly people. I've never seen Tom so mellow, that Jagermeister hits a spot doesn't it. I had some seriously large G&T's, even though I hate the stuff!

I met so many of you I wouldn't know where to start, but thanks to everyone.

Gaz.

Just realised that I was the first to arrive on Friday (around 12 noon) and the last to leave on Sunday. How is that for dedication.... (ok the leaving last bit was unplanned) :D

Here is a shot that gzaerojon took as we waited for the loader to come. ;)

Last.jpg

Guest gzaerojon
Just realised that I was the first to arrive on Friday (around 12 noon) and the last to leave on Sunday. How is that for dedication.... (ok the leaving last bit was unplanned) :D

Here is a shot that gzaerojon took as we waited for the loader to come. ;)

we should've got some tumble weed from MSOC and added it to the pic ;)