The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dragonball to Oem

wile e coyote

I had the same issues with my 'new' Toyota bars being scratched and with rusted welds. You have to pay a lot for that Toyota quality.

Looks like the rear hubs have a spacer bar on them and no dust shield, I've never seen that setup before; which company supplied those?

2 hours ago, rider said:

I had the same issues with my 'new' Toyota bars being scratched and with rusted welds. You have to pay a lot for that Toyota quality.

Looks like the rear hubs have a spacer bar on them and no dust shield, I've never seen that setup before; which company supplied those?

The rear shields are not available and couldn't get good used so we have cut mine back and using the centres only

If I get new later date ill replace them

Annoying 

• Like 1

I was supposedly given an option to buy the last two rear hubs in Toyota hands in 2017 so no surprise they have now long gone . The dust shields might be easy enough to fabricate by a decent metal basher apart from maybe their rounded edges. They were just plates spot welded onto the hub. 

Last I checked the 2 smaller central shields were still available from Toyota but the main (large read end) one has been long gone.

You can fill the small holes effectively and once painted it isn't really noticeable with steel stick/quiksteel epoxy that you can form with your fingers to again with fingers smooth off nicely filling in small perforations pinching in from both sides. I did this with my ABS cable clamps on the rear upper arms that had corroded a bit thin to holed in places. Painted black you wouldn't know.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2023 at 1:05 PM, wile e coyote said:

The rear shields are not available and couldn't get good used so we have cut mine back and using the centres only

If I get new later date ill replace them

Annoying 

Do you have the part numbers for the two backing plates/shields ? 

• 2 weeks later...

So Popped into James Friday to take some items up that will be needed soon and to bring items back not needed (which ill be doing a For sale At some time in the future)

So she is now sitting on wheels but not the best atm and some old Bilstiens so the picture of the engine bay shows dirty top mounts which will be restored

Drive shafts restored using 2x Pairs I had

New bonnet insulator fitted

c3a79526-ad49-4afa-a7c9-3cfbde5c9b79.jpeg

548a4ffa-6f5a-4efc-9473-8d7d952467c6.jpeg

2fdd3834-2183-4a00-9b79-c6d0c67f5c7a.jpeg

IMG_3379.jpeg

IMG_3380.jpeg

IMG_3381.jpeg

IMG_3382.jpeg

IMG_3383.jpeg

• Like 2