The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dragonball to Oem

wile e coyote

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Wishieftrottle said:

Are you going to protect the alu parts after blasting? With color, clear coat, or  some chemical protection to keep it fresh? 😇

There can be issues with clear coating aluminium parts that is common to any clear coat paint, it degrades with time quickened if its in a harsh environment and can craze, crack, cloud, yellow and chip. You can anodise aluminium to give it a ceramic look or apply a silicone spray sealant that would need a regular interval wipe down and reapplication if the clean look is important to you.

Edited by rider (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I have a spare 1st and 2nd pre-facelift cats (actually the originals to my car) and I'm sure other parts hoarders do to so they are about.

After a few decades, they may well be a bit rusted on the heat shields but those could be replaced with new aluminium sheet metal.

• Like 1

More progress today

Body primed and looks nice

Last parts in booth to prime tomorrow

Bumpers, mirrors, door handles etc so everything will be in high build ready to paint inside of the panels and shuts ect

Then panels back on the car to block the car ready for paint

Still bit to do

82915a9c-615e-4a78-a04f-9409b755b24e.jpeg

c070aece-3e68-413d-acf6-74f8aa70ee49.jpeg

fbb540c1-8dbb-4123-8425-14ff62a7a3dc.jpeg

77b70fdc-200f-44fc-997c-5fbb90bd3f19.jpeg

9a4da18f-6331-4a44-8d9b-70af12a60ded.jpeg

7853ae64-183d-4c79-af93-1f181bf16422.jpeg

d1aa10b5-0b9a-4e9a-af61-533ad4e1a272.jpeg

• Like 3

Are you going to tabulate the cost of all this at the end in time, parts and labour? I did with my underside refurb so it'd only be fair. Always useful for the historical record on the site, though you probably would need a comfy seat and stiff drink by your side writing that part up.

• Haha 1