The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Valuing a supra with new underside?

raddys

Just after a bit of help on what I should value my supra at? Its currently coming to the end of its underside resto which has seen the car fully stripped underneath, old underseal removed, re undersealed and absolutely everything replaced for new oem parts or refurbed if its discontinued or unable to be purchased. 

The car is a 1993 tt auto GZ, 58k on the clock, red, stock body and bpu. Currently on an agreed value of 22k which sky insurance refused to increase mid contract (no idea why)

I'd rate the condition as 9.5/10

Any ideas what I should be aiming for in this current market?

Cheers 🙂

C2431.00_00_33_37.Still002.jpg

C2431.00_00_48_37.Still003.jpg

C2431.00_01_35_29.Still008.jpg

IMG_20210118_183858_396.jpg

IMG_20200118_000858_075(1).jpg

72212319_3027042117370037_688745272028692480_o(1).jpg

71556680_3027041714036744_6857039537172905984_o.jpg

Edited by raddys
Missed words (see edit history)

30k minimum IMO, but push for as high as they'll go. There is another red GZ (albeit with lower miles) up for £35k on PistonHeads. Given your full underside refresh I'd personally say that yours is worth very similar money, if not more. 

If the valuation is for insurance the value should be whatever it would cost you to buy another car and carry out the work to make it similar standard.

If you have the receipts etc just add it all up and there you go. The insurance company will also ask for the receipts anyway i expect.

Seeing only 350 were ever made there are probably only 200 left in the World today. and I wrote this in December 2019 on my last valuation threads responding to a specific GZ question:

"Personally, if it were my with a car in top condition, numbers matching, stock then I'd be seeking to insure an auto TT at £30k knowing that in any total loss its probably the car that would be near impossible to replace. If it were the factory 6sp Aero TT then £40-45k knowing that in a total loss it is the car that would be impossible to replace and that the aero will always be a popular and rare choice in foreign markets, probably more so than here in the UK. "

and prices have risen by 30% since then I'd be looking at £39k insured value for a GZ Auto in tip top condition.

PS - You have every right to revisit you valuation mid-term in a policy and it is particularly required for Surpa owners as most of that 30% inflation in the last 18 months has occurred in the last 6 to 9 months. Price rises were running at 30% in 2017 and 18 but took a breather for 6 months in 2019 before bolting off again. When you have such hyper inflation you do need to constantly reassess if your insured value is suitable and also you have to start considering if you need to hedge in a bit of surplus to give you a few months off from fretting over the price rises relative to your agreed insurance value.

Edited by rider (see edit history)

21 minutes ago, rider said:

Seeing only 350 were ever made there are probably only 200 left in the World today. and I wrote this in December 2019 on my last valuation threads responding to a specific GZ question:

"Personally, if it were my with a car in top condition, numbers matching, stock then I'd be seeking to insure an auto TT at £30k knowing that in any total loss its probably the car that would be near impossible to replace. If it were the factory 6sp Aero TT then £40-45k knowing that in a total loss it is the car that would be impossible to replace and that the aero will always be a popular and rare choice in foreign markets, probably more so than here in the UK. "

and prices have risen by 30% since then I'd be looking at £39k insured value for a GZ Auto in tip top condition.

how do you find out how many were made of those?? tried finding that info but couldn't

Monkey3 did a whole load of work after I pointed him to a data source, he's a coder or IT guy and extracted all the colours and models I think I just can't find the actual thread, the one here is the start of what happened. I'll keep searching

3 hours ago, Scooter said:

Isn't the 350 GZ AEROTOPS not just GZ's?

3 hours ago, rider said:

I read it on a couple of web pages so its only as accurate as the individuals who wrote the web page using actual data or a copied figure. The actual figure quoted was 352 units produced over two years of production, 93 & 94.

5 hours ago, tayr said:

how do you find out how many were made of those?? tried finding that info but couldn't

5 hours ago, rider said:

PS - You have every right to revisit you valuation mid-term in a policy and it is particularly required for Surpa owners as most of that 30% inflation in the last 18 months has occurred in the last 6 to 9 months. Price rises were running at 30% in 2017 and 18 but took a breather for 6 months in 2019 before bolting off again. When you have such hyper inflation you do need to constantly reassess if your insured value is suitable and also you have to start considering if you need to hedge in a bit of surplus to give you a few months off from fretting over the price rises relative to your agreed insurance value.

1187 GZ's

354 GZ Aerotops

• Like 1