The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Valuing a supra with new underside?

raddys

40 minutes ago, jongilly said:

Send it to the USA, I have a contact in florida... expect much better money than UK or Europe... I have done the underside of my UK supra... I know what it costs.  

Cheers, if I ever sell il get in contact. yep it's never what you budgeted for is it 😅 everyone said allow for 5 figures and abit ontop and I laughed, im not laughing anymore 😂🥲

• Like 1

my advice would be not to sell yourself short on agreed values..

i'm paying £500/year more than my next quote but i was able to get the AV i was happy with. Unfortunately we are now coming to a time when you can't really replace like for like, only relatively close

Edited by tayr (see edit history)

11 hours ago, tayr said:

my advice would be not to sell yourself short on agreed values..

i'm paying £500/year more than my next quote but i was able to get the AV i was happy with. Unfortunately we are now coming to a time when you can't really replace like for like, only relatively close

How many people with a £40k pay-out will think I need to go straight out and find that replacement Supra? We saw from the how long have you owner your car survey that most respondents have had their cars a very long time. I'd think that very few of those would look to replace their stolen, cannibalised  or crushed Supra with another Supra. If you have lived with a car for decades nothing would ever feel the same. You'd be much more likely to treat the wife to a conservatory. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Will be intereresting what agreed value I will get this year on my GZ TT Aero, still only 84k miles but completely stripped, new paint, underside and rebuilt including all suspension with new parts where needed.

Currently agreed value of £35k with Sky, so will need to go up this year, cost me more to do than the agreed value and did the work myself lol.

18 minutes ago, rider said:

How many people with a £40k pay-out will think I need to go straight out and find that replacement Supra? We saw from the how long have you owner your car survey that most respondents have had their cars a very long time. I'd think that very few of those would look to replace their stolen, cannibalised  or crushed Supra with another Supra. If you have lived with a car for decades nothing would ever feel the same. You'd be much more likely to treat the wife to a conservatory. 

what a depressing thought 🤣

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, rider said:

How many people with a £40k pay-out will think I need to go straight out and find that replacement Supra? We saw from the how long have you owner your car survey that most respondents have had their cars a very long time. I'd think that very few of those would look to replace their stolen, cannibalised  or crushed Supra with another Supra. If you have lived with a car for decades nothing would ever feel the same. You'd be much more likely to treat the wife to a conservatory

Don't you mean she'll disappear when you build the conservatory 😇

21 hours ago, rider said:

40k pay out?  No way would i be getting another supra. I love mine and loved the ones before it. However when your use to paying 5k for a uk TT or £1200 for a aero these kind of prices are mind blowing to me. 

I guess id do the adultish thing pay off some mortgage and buy another fun weekend car which to me the supra was supposed to be all along. Not one of the last unicorns that needs to be protected at all costs that its turning out to be.

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)
  • Like 2

On 6/22/2021 at 12:13 PM, Scooter said:

Monkey3 did a whole load of work after I pointed him to a data source, he's a coder or IT guy and extracted all the colours and models I think I just can't find the actual thread, the one here is the start of what happened. I'll keep searching

I am indeed a coder or IT guy. 😉

And I do have all the colours / numbers, etc. in a database backup somewhere... I'll see if I can dig it out.

I found the original threads about it but the tables have been removed for some reason (possibly in the move to the new forum):

22 hours ago, markssupra said:

Will be intereresting what agreed value I will get this year on my GZ TT Aero, still only 84k miles but completely stripped, new paint, underside and rebuilt including all suspension with new parts where needed.

Currently agreed value of £35k with Sky, so will need to go up this year, cost me more to do than the agreed value and did the work myself lol.

I've been told that agreed value might not be the best way to go with how the prices are increasing almost by the day.

Essentially, if you set an agreed value and in 10 months time your car is stolen then you'll only get the agreed value whereas without an agreed value you'll get the market price. And just try finding another one as good as yours.

19 minutes ago, monkey3 said:

I am indeed a coder or IT guy. 😉

And I do have all the colours / numbers, etc. in a database backup somewhere... I'll see if I can dig it out.

That would be good, I remember being impressed you could extract all the data!  You did well getting your replacement way back then (might even have to thank - or at least now forgive- the misses for bending the other one!?), seemed a lot at the time I recall but a very wise decision it's turned out to be.

24 minutes ago, monkey3 said:

I've been told that agreed value might not be the best way to go with how the prices are increasing almost by the day.

Essentially, if you set an agreed value and in 10 months time your car is stolen then you'll only get the agreed value whereas without an agreed value you'll get the market price. And just try finding another one as good as yours.

You can run into the small print black hole with that approach as insurers can have get out of jail clauses for cars that have been out of production for X number of years. Which, if you are an insurer is sensible as parts may no longer be available to repair the car following an accident and valuation becomes more subjective.

According to the vin numbers, there were actually only 348 GZ aerotops made of which only 65 were "Super Red IV" and only 48 of them were built in 1993 (the rest being built in '94 & '95)

So you could say yours is one of 65 (I think it's a stretch to say it's 1 of 48)

😉

• 3 weeks later...

Latest reply ever.. 😬 lol, cheers for recommendations lads, I've got a ton of reciepts for the recent work so will be aiming for 35k once I get round to it.

Cars nearly done now just waiting for new coolant pipes, exhaust and a few little finishing touches underneath 😄

can't wait to get it back and go for a proper drive 🙌

Screenshot_20210716-145439_Instagram.jpg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, raddys said:

Latest reply ever.. 😬 lol, cheers for recommendations lads, I've got a ton of reciepts for the recent work so will be aiming for 35k once I get round to it.

Cars nearly done now just waiting for new coolant pipes, exhaust and a few little finishing touches underneath 😄

can't wait to get it back and go for a proper drive 🙌

Screenshot_20210716-145439_Instagram.jpg

Very tidy, let us know how you get on with the Agreed Value.