The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Valuing a supra with new underside?

raddys

5 hours ago, raddys said:

Latest reply ever.. 😬 lol, cheers for recommendations lads, I've got a ton of reciepts for the recent work so will be aiming for 35k once I get round to it.

Cars nearly done now just waiting for new coolant pipes, exhaust and a few little finishing touches underneath 😄

can't wait to get it back and go for a proper drive 🙌

Screenshot_20210716-145439_Instagram.jpg

Is this the car from Paul Cheshire's Facebook page?

1 hour ago, rider said:

No, the massive one just in front of the hanger. 

58328-14010

Sits in white bit. The Main heat shield as its termed by Toyota.

supra_LI.jpg

I never had one and tbh I didn't even know it existed till you just said lol. damn it 😢you're right there's not a single one that I can see for sale.

These are the only 4 I have on the car, looks like I have a unicorn part to find 🙂 lol

Screenshot_20210716-230807_WhatsApp.jpg

9 hours ago, rider said:

You could try these guys that are still showing as available which does surprise me so long after its been discontinued so best run a parts enquiry before ordering and doing a payment.

https://parts.toyotaoffortworth.com/p/Toyota_1993_Previa/Heat-shield-INSULATOR--MAIN-MUFF/51546640/5832814010.html

Cheers, il drop them an email and see what they say, fingers crossed 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2021 at 3:02 PM, Tyson said:

Very tidy, let us know how you get on with the Agreed Value.

Agreed value came back, £40,000 which I was disappointed with. So I have lodged an appeal with additional evidence to support what I want, which is £50,000 but realistically I'll be happy with £45,000 plus. I shall report back again with the result, depending on how they do with the agreed value this year I might be better off paying twice the premium for a better agreed value.

43 minutes ago, Tyson said:

Agreed value came back, £40,000 which I was disappointed with. So I have lodged an appeal with additional evidence to support what I want, which is £50,000 but realistically I'll be happy with £45,000 plus. I shall report back again with the result, depending on how they do with the agreed value this year I might be better off paying twice the premium for a better agreed value.

this is what i have done.

• 7 months later...
On 16.7.2021 at 15:57, raddys said:

Letzte Antwort aller Zeiten.. 😬lol, ein Hoch auf die Empfehlungen, Jungs, ich habe eine Menge Quittungen für die jüngste Arbeit, also werde ich 35.000 anstreben, sobald ich dazu komme.

Die Autos sind jetzt fast fertig und warten nur auf neue Kühlmittelrohre, Auspuff und ein paar kleine Feinschliffe darunter 😄

Ich kann es kaum erwarten, es zurückzubekommen und eine richtige Fahrt zu machen🙌

Screenshot_20210716-145439_Instagram.jpg

very, very hard impressed , what I see here, absolutely top, wohh

• Like 1

On 16.7.2021 at 23:02, rider said:

Nein, der Massive direkt vor dem Kleiderbügel. 

58328-14010

Sitzt im weißen Gebiss. Der Haupthitzeschild, wie er von Toyota genannt wird.

supra_LI.jpg

when I see the yellow bumpers.... am mr sure.... Bilstein ?

17 minutes ago, Dieter said:

super, Bilstein is always a very good choice, just like Eibach, unfortunately I can't lower my car, then I can't get into the garage, or I would have to do without the front lip, but that would look very bad visually

you can get the bilsteins and stock spring, I think the eibach are a little to low for me so may change the springs in the near future