The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra up for Auction: Silverstone Auctions

SPG

3 hours ago, Dnk said:

It looks possibly like it could be detailing tape that's not been removed, in several photos the door fitment looks fine 

1995_toyota_supra_162066877702584e53117b00a81995_toyota_supra_162000408366e7dff9f98764da1995_toyota_supra_1620004082ff9f98764daae67dd2b-a152-4a98-99fe-521ff8969686-OtiqLk-scaled-1.jpg

Just looks huge. Like the doors not been fitted properly.

• 8 months later...

The car with the strange rear light combination is back at Brightwell Auction for a second go this month.

https://www.brightwells.com/timed-sale/5237/lot/553473

With the hefty buyers premium plus VAT on top its an interestingly high price guide at £35k to £40k. A tad optimistic I feel. If it does make anywhere near the estimate I'm going to have to have a word with my insurer.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 2/1/2022 at 6:52 PM, rider said:

The car with the strange rear light combination is back at Brightwell Auction for a second go this month.

https://www.brightwells.com/timed-sale/5237/lot/553473

With the hefty buyers premium plus VAT on top its an interestingly high price guide at £35k to £40k. A tad optimistic I feel. If it does make anywhere near the estimate I'm going to have to have a word with my insurer.

Worth adding for the historical record, this car didn't sell. Failed to meet the reserve price.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
21 hours ago, rider said:

Another auction of a JDM Supra, this one is for the lovers of plastic. Low guide £20k - £25k for a 6sp single.

https://www.classiccarauctions.co.uk/cca033-lot-5073-1993-toyota-supra-6-speed-twin-turbo

20k for a tt6? 

I have no idea on prices anymore. That said i will swap my supra for a holiday home in Florida.  If it has a pool i will throw in a working ashtray 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2022 at 11:16 AM, rider said:

Another auction of a JDM Supra, this one is for the lovers of plastic. Low guide £20k - £25k for a 6sp single.

https://www.classiccarauctions.co.uk/cca033-lot-5073-1993-toyota-supra-6-speed-twin-turbo

This manual single turbo car sold for: £29,813 + 15% auction house fees. Car listed as TT6 so you have to assume it was an original TT6 with original engine and running gear as listing didn't say it wasn't. 

49 minutes ago, rider said:

This manual single turbo car sold for: £29,813 + 15% auction house fees. Car listed as TT6 so you have to assume it was an original TT6 with original engine and running gear as listing didn't say it wasn't. 

there is a picture of the VIN which confirms it was factory tt6

• 2 weeks later...

This is one to test the market, 5k mile 2002 TT6.

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/lf22/london/lots/r0006-2002-toyota-supra-rz-s-twin-turbo/1288163

As a PS - Should anyone be interested in bidding there are a few add ons to be aware of:

"Please note this lot has entered the UK on a temporary import bond, which must be cancelled either by exporting the lot outside of the UK on an approved Bill of Lading with supporting customs documentation or by paying the applicable VAT and import duties to have the lot remain in the UK."

So its hammer price plus 15% buyers premium plus VAT on the buyers premium plus UK 20% VAT on the sales price plus 10% import duty on the sales price. So just add 50% to the sales price and you won't be far off. Then it'd need to be made MOT ready and V55 register which companies typically charge £1k to do for you or you can DIY for around £200.

SOLD for £69k + fees

Edited by rider (see edit history)

• 6 months later...

Another Supra at Brightwells. Silver JDM TT auto with price guide £35-£40k +15% buyers premium. I doubt it'll make £30k.

Being sold as investment grade (due to its mileage, originality and condition) with 64k low mileage. It has a chequered MOT history with missing years and a multiple MOT point fail only 120 miles on from a clean MOT pass. Including an advisory for wheel bearing play on two wheels. I changed all my original wheel bearings out at 105k miles just for something to do. Maybe they just needed to be nipped up?

https://www.brightwells.com/timed-sale/5371/lot/615994

End Bid - £27,500 + 15% Buyers Premium

Edited by rider
Final hammer price added (see edit history)

12 minutes ago, rider said:

Another Supra at Brightwells. Silver JDM TT auto with price guide £35-£40k +15% buyers premium. I doubt it'll make £30k.

Being sold as investment grade (due to its mileage, originality and condition) with 64k low mileage. It has a chequered MOT history with missing years and a multiple MOT point fail only 120 miles on from a clean MOT pass. Including an advisory for wheel bearing play on two wheels. I changed all my original wheel bearings out at 105k miles just for something to do. Maybe they just needed to be nipped up?

https://www.brightwells.com/timed-sale/5371/lot/615994

Looks in need of a damn good polish 

Went to Brightwells today and had a look around the cars there to see if there was anything worth flipping and stopped by the Supra they have on auction. The headlights aren't actually yellowed, they have a lot of rust inside giving the yellow tinge. I've never seen that before, otherwise looks straight enough.

20230509_135528.jpg

20230509_135550.jpg

20230509_135629.jpg

1 minute ago, raddys said:

Why with the 1 uk rear light and 1 jdm light, it's cars like this that put people off, hashed together for a sale

Its a boomerang sale having failed to meet reserve last time around. I forgot to mention the lights anomaly to the Brightwell office guy I talked to though I did let it be known that I thought their price guide was pure fantasy land. Comment came back was these fetch strong money these days. Really was my parting comment, acting like I didn't know.

15 minutes ago, rider said:

Its a boomerang sale having failed to meet reserve last time around. I forgot to mention the lights anomaly to the Brightwell office guy I talked to though I did let it be known that I thought their price guide was pure fantasy land. Comment came back was these fetch strong money these days. Really was my parting comment, acting like I didn't know.

Yer thats it, fantasy pricing although I personally wouldn't sell mine for less then 50k which means I'd unfortunately never sell it haha, works for me lol