The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra up for Auction: Silverstone Auctions

SPG

On 4/1/2021 at 7:36 PM, Scooter said:

Just over £34K, I don't actually think that is that bad, but it would be hard to use it meaningfully, will I suspect largely just keep on sitting somewhere looking pretty!! 

What's the £34k in reference to?

27 minutes ago, Annabella said:

$75,000

Lhd though, about £57K. Sounds right to me. The silver UK one sold here for £47.5k. 

£10k difference lhd tt6 aero vs rhd tt6 UK without importing and nationalising seems OK? 

On 4/7/2021 at 8:28 PM, MrGRT said:

Lhd though, about £57K. Sounds right to me. The silver UK one sold here for £47.5k. 

£10k difference lhd tt6 aero vs rhd tt6 UK without importing and nationalising seems OK? 

Hard tops command big money in the states, they are more sought after for power builds and are rarer than Aeros. Complete opposite here where hard tops are common and Aeros command more money!

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, X13mgr said:

Definitely a fog light 🤔

Naa. Doubt it. Rear lights have been messed with. One uk one jspec configuration

Fog light I reckon is in the UK light. Which is requirement as light has to be certain distance from the brake light.

The dash panels look all bashed and gashed. The gear selector looks well handled. It looks like another one of those many low mileage Japanese import. No service history, no MOT history, been sat for years. If this goes for anywhere near £30k I need to go talk to my insurer.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rider said:

The Supra TT Auto sold at Brighwells car auction on 17/5 for £28.5k inclusive of buyers premium, indemnity insurance and VAT.

Thank you for the update. How do you think this ties in or relates with current pricing and the agreed valuations people are asking for?

It seems low in comparison to some of the prices being asked today.

1 hour ago, Frank Bullitt said:

Thank you for the update. How do you think this ties in or relates with current pricing and the agreed valuations people are asking for?

It seems low in comparison to some of the prices being asked today.

Auction prices are usually 20% below market for routine current production cars but you cannot read that across to rare or desirable cars where often auction prices set the market price as people know if they win they have the car so are motivated to bid high just to secure the thing. I reckon a rule of thumb is take the prices at the beginning of this thread and add 30% and that'll get people close to where things sit today to take on and pitch for insurance cover.

The Brightwells car wasn't the best example. Parked up for years so no history to speak of. No unbroken series of MOT certificates in its history file. No timed service maintenance undertaken on cambelts and the like. Plus the little touches like odd rear lights, a flag badge potentially covering a bumper hole and the dash panels were quite scuffed. So I'd venture that the final price of £28.5k is a pretty good to strong price. It went for what I expected it to go for, just under £25k plus fees. If its gone to an investor they could easily spend £10k getting it to where it could go but it'd still be a car that is very short on history and manufacturer specified maintenance.

PS - By beginning of the thread I was referring to the 2020 values thread.

Edited by rider (see edit history)
  • Like 1