The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra up for Auction: Silverstone Auctions

SPG

Noticed this car was up for auction shortly, remember seeing it on the TG episode:

https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/index.php?option=com_bidding&view=commission&layout=details&id=13605&pn=1&el=13605&pp=50

I can’t remember the member who owned this, but am I right in thinking he sold it shortly after the TG appearance? 

Should be interesting to watch the price this one brings in. 

• Like 1

I heard the owner resigned his forum membership because of the 'banter' he received.

It was the NI car brought over that turned out to be a bit rusty and the current owner threw a shed load of cash at the car having the underneath sprayed and some new parts fitted. He did then try to sell it and listed it on forum, but with no takers doubled down and put it through a lot of expensive restorative work instead. Jungle drums have whispered what the car owes him so I would expect it has to have at least a £50k reserve so he can walk away taking a big hit. 

Edited by rider (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Not sure if anyone else realised the auction was over the weekend (it just popped into my head this morning that it was last week), but this ended up going for £47,250 according to the site (presumably this doesn't include the extra fees + VAT, which'll take it to £62,606.25 by my calculation).

https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/sa073-lot-426-1993-toyota-supra-twin-turbo-manual 

4 hours ago, m12aak said:

Not sure if anyone else realised the auction was over the weekend (it just popped into my head this morning that it was last week), but this ended up going for £47,250 according to the site (presumably this doesn't include the extra fees + VAT, which'll take it to £62,606.25 by my calculation).

https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/sa073-lot-426-1993-toyota-supra-twin-turbo-manual 

Seller looks like they'll pay approx £3k in fees. The buyer will pay £47250 + 12% then vat on the 12% and ends up at just under £55k 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dnk said:

Seller looks like they'll pay approx £3k in fees. The buyer will pay £47250 + 12% then vat on the 12% and ends up at just under £55k 

Ah okay, that makes more sense. Thought 32.5% of the purchase price seemed a bit steep!